Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 02:17 AM   #1
Chriszed
Mushroom Fighter

In-Game Name: Chriszed
Current Level: Higher than you!
Server: Teva
Chriszed is on a distinguished road
How to decide YOUR Archer's build.

Everyone is posting for other peoples Archers builds. I've put this little post together and I'm thinking of putting it on the wiki.(as soon as i figure out how the wiki works.)

An Archer basically need 3 or 4 stats. They don't need INT because they don't use magic. END and DEX will decide your DEF and STR and SPR will decide your damage. So i decided to compare them.

DEX VS. END
Some people say to put some points in END. I personally don't recommend END. I say put them in DEX. Why? Because you also get up your aim and use less money on pots. Because with DEX you dodge more so you don't lose any HP. Put
it this way. Would you rather get hit more often but lose less HP OR get hit less often but loss alot of HP. But a bonus with DEX is you get aim and will hit the enemy more. Also i would like to add every lvl you get around 3 points on DEX automatically. Plus rings are good if you really want some END. So in conclusion DEX over END but you could have some points in END if you feel you need them.

DEX IS THE WINNER.

STR VS. SPR
This one is all in opinion. STR raises your general damage while SPR raises your crit %, m. defense, and your max SP. Weigh out the options and SPR looks like it will benefit you more. Well... It does look like that but I say have a little bit of both. Why? Because if you get up your STR and SPR you have higher damage and good crit % and good SP and good M. defense.

IT'S A TIE!

Stat Descriptions
STR- Increases damage.(MAIN)
DEX- Increases aim and evasion. (MAIN)
END- Increases HP and def.
SPR- Increases M. defense, crit %, and max SP.

What Archer are you?
What Archer do you wanna be. Do you wanna kite? Do you wanna be able to solo? Party? Or KQ? Do you wanna be a damage dealer or have good DEF. Do you wanna pvp or pve more. Answer these question and it will help you decide what builds to be.

Builds
Here are a list of builds I have found or made. (You can add to them if you want.)

My Build.
3:2:1 DEX: STR: SPR This is my build for my archer. It suits my playing style well. The reason i have good dmg and evasion. I also have good aim. I have enough SP so i can use my skills alot and i do crit often.

Basic Build.
1:1 STR: DEX. This is the generic build for any archer. It focuses on both the archers main stats. Although later on in the 30's I suggest some SPR.

Party Build.
2:2:1 STR: SPR: DEX. Why is this party. Because it allows for good damage and good aim. Making you a good damage dealer. If you do end up soloing with this prepare for alot of pots and stones.

Solo build.
2:2:1 DEX: STR: END. This is a good solo build because it has good DEF and good damage. And you won't need alot of pots and stones.

Damage build.
3:3:1 STR: SPR: DEX. This is also a good pvp build because you maximize damage. Enough said.

Defense build.
1:1 DEX: END. Don't really recommond this. It has it's uses in pvp and does help in pve. It maximizes DEF.

All those builds are useful in pvp and pve. I just highlighted it's main purpose.

Professions
Scroll Production: I recommend for the buffs you get. Also good for money.
Potion Production: A great profession for the archer as you get lots of potions that heal good and can sell for alot.
Stone Production: Probably the best profession for money.

I don't recommend any other professions. But it's your call.

Hope you enjoyed my little guide. Well bye!

Chriszed.

Last edited by Chriszed; 08-11-2007 at 02:23 AM..
Old 08-11-2007, 02:37 AM   #2
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Tournaments Won: 5

In-Game Name: Dynamics
Current Level: OVER NINE THOUSANDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
Server: under your bed
Dynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to all
I find your reasoning with both the strength vs spirit build and dexterity vs endurance build debate a little lopsided. You're not taking into account the significance of the numbers properly. The damage acquired from strength really isn't that useful, and it shows more and more as you venture into the higher levels. Strength is replaceable, but criticals are a slightly more elusive stat to gain. There are five sources to get critical from (scrolls, potions, earrings,weapons, stats) but about seven for strength (potions, body armors, boots, leggings, weapons, boots and stats). Taking into account the numbers, it's possible to get 16-17% critical by level 50 if you use a pure spirit build. That's one in five attacks that are going to be criticals. If you land one critical in a battle, it more than covers the damage you would've gotten from the damage gained through strength. If you waste points into strength using your suggested builds the figure for criticals will waver by ~2.5- 5%. Not a very nice loss.

Dexterity is unreliable compared to endurance. No one really knows the figures, so we can't say it'll really save you that much more in terms of money and HP. I'd also like to add that power scrolls > dexterity. Although personally I find both stats fairly unnecessary on an archer, as we get adequate amounts of both stats from levelling alone.

Last edited by Dynamics; 08-11-2007 at 05:46 AM..
Old 08-11-2007, 03:41 AM   #3
Nike
Phinofly

In-Game Name: Nike
Current Level: 22
Nike is an unknown quantity at this point
i agree with dynamics, very good guide though
Old 08-11-2007, 03:45 AM   #4
Rightclaw
DFO has my heart <3

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Yuki ^o^
Current Level: Yuki ^o^
Server: Yuki ^o^
Rightclaw has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Rightclaw
Originally Posted by Dynamics View Post
I find your reasoning with both the strength vs spirit build and dexterity vs endurance build debate a little lopsided. You're not taking into account the significance of the numbers properly. The damage acquired from strength really isn't that useful, and it shows more and more as you venture into the higher levels. Strength is replaceable, but criticals are a slightly more elusive stat to gain. There are five sources to get critical from (scrolls, potions, earrings,weapons, stats) but about seven for strength (potions, body armors, boots, leggings, weapons, boots and stats). Taking into account the numbers, it's possible to get 21% critical by level 50 if you use a pure spirit build. That's one in five attacks that are going to be criticals. If you land one critical in a battle, it more than covers the damage you would've gotten from the damage gained through strength. If you waste points into strength using your suggested builds the figure for criticals will waver by ~5- 10%. Not a very nice loss.

Dexterity is unreliable compared to endurance. No one really knows the figures, so we can't say it'll really save you that much more in terms of money and HP. I'd also like to add that power scrolls > dexterity. Although personally I find both stats fairly unnecessary on an archer, as we get adequate amounts of both stats from levelling alone.
Remember you get less crit per SPR past lvl25. I still wouldn't get Str though. v.v

http://translate.google.com/translat...%3Den%26sa%3DG

Scroll down to the MND section.

Same with DEX (AGI) also. You get less evasion and hit rate per DEX as you get higher.

Last edited by Rightclaw; 08-11-2007 at 03:50 AM..
Old 08-11-2007, 05:45 AM   #5
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Dynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to all
Yeah, sorry about that. I did the calculations too quickly, I'll edit it now.
Old 08-11-2007, 01:55 PM   #6
Whudafux
Smart Phino

In-Game Name: --
Current Level: --
Whudafux is on a distinguished road
Full SPR > Everything Else..

Currently, my level 23 Archer has.. 12.3% Critical Rate, and I'm loving it so much.

And to correct Rightclaw, you drop from 0.2% to 0.1% per SPR when you reach 25 SPR, which is at level 20 for Full SPR Build Archers.
Old 08-11-2007, 02:37 PM   #7
Chriszed
Mushroom Fighter

In-Game Name: Chriszed
Current Level: Higher than you!
Server: Teva
Chriszed is on a distinguished road
I agree with your builds. The reason i like my build is i'm lvl 23 and i dodge every 2/3 attacks. I crit every 3/20 attacks. My average hit on someone is around 100. I'm going SPR over STR now because i see your points. the reason i put a tie is because some people may agree differently. Can people tell me their builds and their effects.
Old 08-11-2007, 04:46 PM   #8
Rightclaw
DFO has my heart <3

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Yuki ^o^
Current Level: Yuki ^o^
Server: Yuki ^o^
Rightclaw has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Rightclaw
Originally Posted by Whudafux View Post
Full SPR > Everything Else..

Currently, my level 23 Archer has.. 12.3% Critical Rate, and I'm loving it so much.

And to correct Rightclaw, you drop from 0.2% to 0.1% per SPR when you reach 25 SPR, which is at level 20 for Full SPR Build Archers.
Hehe, thanks. I thought that meant level. v.v
Old 08-11-2007, 11:10 PM   #9
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Originally Posted by Chriszed View Post
Can people tell me their builds and their effects.

Build: Pure spirit.
Effect: Pure ownage.
Old 08-12-2007, 01:41 PM   #10
Whudafux
Smart Phino

In-Game Name: --
Current Level: --
Whudafux is on a distinguished road
amigawd Synelia plvl'd me. :3 300 exp per monster ftw. I think I leveled up twice in about 25 minutes. x3

<3u Syn. D:

And yes, Pure SPR is full of pwn and win.