Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 11:20 PM   #21
bcdood
Gang Imp

bcdood is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Loveless View Post
I've tried the STR:END buid and it did quite decently. I was able to take on monsters higher than me and not worry too much about getting hit either.

Right now I'm going full SPR and have to say I like it so far. I mean if you use the skills right you can take down monsters without using all of the skills (if that makes sense). I can't wait to get my job change and try a crossbow and see how things work out then. I usually choose bows cause I like speed and whatnot but I'm going to need some added power anyway so yeah~
I've seen you ingame a couple times. My name is bcdood if you ever see me.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:07 AM   #22
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Tournaments Won: 5

In-Game Name: Dynamics
Current Level: OVER NINE THOUSANDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
Server: under your bed
Dynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to all
Full spirit's probably the most viable build for the archer. The archer was meant to deal damage from afar, and spirit maximises your output more than any other stat. As you increase your critical rate, you increase the frequency of your criticals. If you land one critical during a clash, you've already outclassed the damage you would have dealt from strength bonuses. Strength increases damage consistently, yes, but criticals increase damage much more drastically. I'd draw the graph to explain this, but I don't think it's necessary.

Strength gives you damage in a linear way. It's just a straight line. With criticals, your damage works like a "bell shaped graph." Your damage will deviate between high and low, where the medium changes depending on your critical rate. The higher your critical rate, the more skewed that medium becomes, meaning more consistent "highs." Anyway, spirit increases damage much much more effectively then strength does. Strength becomes obsolete in the higher levels as your weapons and natural stat gains give you 1000 + damages. I don't know how many times I can stress this, but strength really is a worthless stat at the moment.

Endurance on an archer is crazy talk too. Archers don't benefit from the block bonus that endurance gives, and the bonus HP is negligible. If you really want an archer that can tank effectively, then pure dexterity is the best path for this. Obscene amounts of evasion mean you extend your eHP phenomenally. If the enemy uses a power scroll, rip out your evasion scroll, they're basically stuck at square one again.

To sum up, strength and endurance aren't practical stats for an archer. Spirit and dexterity are most advised.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:53 PM   #23
I_GO_BOOM
Mushroom

I_GO_BOOM is on a distinguished road
SPR is better in the long run for lets say 30+ while strength gives easy leveling for 1-20 but enchanting items will also give the same bonus as strength AND you also get an additional 2-3 dmg per lvl. Dex infact does increase evasion by ALOT just not early on but END you will see the change as soon as you add the stat. So basically DEX and SPR will work better than a STR END build because of the fact the stats become useless as you get more than enough of each stat from scrolls, armour, wepons, and pets.
Old 08-18-2007, 02:04 AM   #24
Bao
Grave Robber

Tournaments Won: 10

Bao is on a distinguished road
Take it from me when I said I screwed up my stats by putting them into END/STR.

Go for DEX/SPR. 2:1/1:1
Old 08-18-2007, 02:40 AM   #25
Rightclaw
DFO has my heart <3

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Yuki ^o^
Current Level: Yuki ^o^
Server: Yuki ^o^
Rightclaw has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Rightclaw
There's a recommended build in the jFiesta wiki. It says STR/DEX.

http://translate.google.com/translat...%3Den%26sa%3DG

Last build on the page is the recommended build if I'm understanding the translations correctly.
Old 08-18-2007, 04:05 AM   #26
JimJimster
Little Hob

In-Game Name: JimJimster:HawkShot
Current Level: 2x:2x
JimJimster is on a distinguished road
i honestly dont get str at all, im END DEX guy, id rather hav better chance of hitting than hitting higher. and STR DEX is good if u hav a good cleric with u 24/7 but horrible for solo

20 END points helps a lot, 10 DEX halps a bit. its wat i hav

PM me here or at outspark for userbars,*Be friendly!*
Old 10-01-2007, 07:29 PM   #27
DutchBow
Slime

In-Game Name: DutchBow
Current Level: 23
Server: Teva
DutchBow is on a distinguished road
Full STR is the best build for archer ^^
Old 10-03-2007, 10:24 AM   #28
Yami
Lava Gargoyle

In-Game Name: Hija
Current Level: 85.99 Dx
Server: Teva
Yami will become famous soon enough
ZOMG! Nederlander! *rent weg*

Anyways, I have a 3:1 str/end archer and a 2:1 spr/dex and I noticed the first one is a lot easier to lvl.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:15 PM   #29
Ucanius
Slime

Ucanius is on a distinguished road
RE:
Hope this might be of help, consolidated lotsa info regarding archer class. Feedback welcome http://www.outspark.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15095