Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 09:00 AM   #11
Ryoji
Honeying

In-Game Name: RyojiSama
Current Level: 2x
Server: Teva
Ryoji is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Ryoji

But it doesnt and by how things look,imo, it wont happen. So putting dex for the damage wont set off any balance and give the archer class something to boost them up to par with the other classes.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:05 AM   #12
Kiedo
Mara Pirates

In-Game Name: Evade
Current Level: 51
Kiedo is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Ryoji View Post
But it doesnt and by how things look,imo, it wont happen. So putting dex for the damage wont set off any balance and give the archer class something to boost them up to par with the other classes.

It would make me not want to be an Archer.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:12 AM   #13
Ryoji
Honeying

Why would that make you not want an archer. Making dex the atk stat would only benifit and not harm.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:27 AM   #14
Kiedo
Mara Pirates

Why would that make you not want an archer. Making dex the atk stat would only benifit and not harm.

Because, like I said, every Archer would stack DEX and nothing else. It would be ruin the class.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:36 AM   #15
Ryoji
Honeying

It doesnt matter as I said, as in every mmo, kiddies are gonna look up the officials and fansites for the "best build" and they will copy it. So whether the attack is off of dex or not kiddes are always following the cookie cutter builds.

It wouldnt ruin the class at all seeing as damage in this game is so trivial. It would give the much needed boost to the class though.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:57 AM   #16
Kiedo
Mara Pirates

It doesnt matter as I said, as in every mmo, kiddies are gonna look up the officials and fansites for the "best build" and they will copy it. So whether the attack is off of dex or not kiddes are always following the cookie cutter builds.

It wouldnt ruin the class at all seeing as damage in this game is so trivial. It would give the much needed boost to the class though.

It would ruin the game because every Archer would stack DEX. Simple as that. There is no "best build" for Archers and there never will be. The only suggestion most people make is put 25 SPR then choose STR, END or DEX.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:03 AM   #17
Ryoji
Honeying

lol no it isn't that simple, Even if that was the case that doesnt ruin a class all it does it make people want to pump dex more often than not. All that would happen is people would now be arguing over how much end or spr. I fail to see how you can think it would ruin a class.

I guarentee when they fix all the bugs and crap everyone will have the same cookie cutter build regardless if they actually did make dex the deciding factor. If you have played other mmos it always happens no matter what. This way atleast would benifit.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:08 PM   #18
rokaraged
Naiad Demon

In-Game Name: Renin
Current Level: Renin- TEVA THE RENIN ON BIJOU IS A IMPOSTER
Server: SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK!!
rokaraged will become famous soon enoughrokaraged will become famous soon enough
I have shot a bow before it doesn't take that much out of you.

And if you want to talk like that becoming smarter(int) wont give you magical powers.
Any bow doesn't count ...I was meaning like a REAL war bow. I doubt you were using one like that to not tire....UNLESS YOUR EXTREMELY ATHLETIC

Note my example 120 pound bow >.>

When did anyone say logically Int gives magical powers in RL? XD Anyway in most games you have to go to a skill trainer for magic anyway.
The meaning of victory is not to defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his every achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can recover. That is the meaning of victory.

Last edited by rokaraged; 10-13-2007 at 12:12 PM..
Old 10-13-2007, 12:54 PM   #19
Ryoji
Honeying

First off I never knew these were war bows because, unless my eyes are decieving me, they aren't.

And my int giving magical powers comments was to show that just because in real life it may take a little strenth to use a bow doesn't mean anything seeing how it is a game. Real life takes some str sure but does being smarter raise your magic powers...no I didn't think so. In case you need to be reminded there are no magical powers in reality.

Unless you forgot this is a game and reality doesn't matter in one.
Old 10-13-2007, 05:54 PM   #20
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
Why is the damage of this game trivial anyway? The archers aren't supposed to dish out massive amounts of damage every hit. They are in this game to support the party with damage over time skills. If you really want an archer to have their damaged based off DEX then stop playing this game and go to those 100+ other MMOs that do.

Just because the other games do it doesn't mean Fiesta has to jump onto the band wagon.
Closed Thread