Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 09:39 PM   #1
Bernard20
Hero Slime

In-Game Name: SoleSurvivor
Current Level: 30
Server: Bijou
Bernard20 is on a distinguished road
Build Curiosity

I'm not really sure about my clerics build as it is the first Character I have played. I am mostly solo except in the KQ however I notice people say that solo Clerics should have 25SPR and rest STR or Pure STR. I on the the other hand did 25SPR and the rest END. I am level 30 now so I can still use my Stat Reset Scrolls. Is it better to have the Rest in END or STR?
Old 02-17-2009, 09:43 PM   #2
Leesa
lk;sfdb

In-Game Name: Quit
Current Level: Quit
Server: Quit
Leesa is a jewel in the roughLeesa is a jewel in the roughLeesa is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Leesa
You should have some END, but obviously since clerics can heal it would be a bit useless... so just about 20 points is enough to let you clank when needed and survive long enough through attacks to heal/revive other players. So once you hit 20 END points and have 25 SPR 20 END, put the rest in STR and you'll have a nice, balanced out build :P
Old 02-17-2009, 11:17 PM   #3
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
I don't recommend splitting your points onto three stats though.

If you solo - you're better off doing damage build which is 25SPR/restSTR or just pure STR (I heard someone said pure STR is better than 25SPR/restSTR if you solo?

25 SPR rest END is usually for those who party alot and like to be full support. I am one myself and if you're planning to solo, do NOT go this build! I take forever to kill a mob. xD
Old 02-17-2009, 11:30 PM   #4
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Spirit has disabled reputation
I am a support cleric and i went 25 SPR: 50 END.

Then after hitting 60, since you get little benefit from anymore END that you put in, I am now putting points in STR.

If you plan to solo most of your cleric life, I would just leave it like it is and start putting the rest of your points into STR. Unless you have already bought the restat scroll. but, if you have not, i would not waste the money as it will not make that much difference in the long run.

Also, I am not sure if it is beneficial to put more than 50 STR points.... have not made it that far.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 02-18-2009, 12:25 AM   #5
Bernard20
Hero Slime

Well I did the 25SPR not only for the crit damage but also for the increase in SP. This way I can worry less about my SP when I get into a KQ and I can focus more on healing.

Is it better to solo or party in the long run though? I already have the 10 stat reset scrolls from the lvl30 quest so changing is no big deal. I just dont know whether or not it is better overall to have STR or END?
Old 02-18-2009, 12:37 AM   #6
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
I think that in the long run, you will eventually have to party at higher levels. Not necessarily big parties, maybe just duo's or trios. Sometimes, you're forced to go in a party because the spots where you wanna do your repeat quests in are taken.

How much END do you have in your build right now?

Maybe go with what spirit said, and just start adding STR now. You can always keep the 10 stat scrolls in your inventory. I still have it on my mage at level 60 hahaha. You can change it later on if you feel the need to.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:01 AM   #7
Bernard20
Hero Slime

At the moment I am lvl30 Cleric with 25SPR and 10END. I now the 10 Stat reset scrolls so it would work perfectly. I just need to decided what I want to do before I level again.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:11 AM   #8
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Atm.. I'm a lvl 75 cleric.. was doing 25 SPR / rest END, which I found pretty good, get a +9 hammer, empower bash.. with a completed lic.. i get some nice Crits... Solo wasnt too boring... i can also tank a bit in party (heal draws aggro)

But that's until i got to lvl 60.. (by now i've got 25 SPR, 50 END)

after lvl 60, it gets VERY slow to solo... esp when you compare all the other class with AOE.. I wish i was STR built... the effect of END starts to diminish.. (0.1% block rate and 5 HP?!?!) but it was too late for me to change.. so i just put my points towards SPR for crits..

What I want to tell you is.. END seems very useful for about the first 50 levels.. but STR seems to be more beneficial as you get to a higher level...

There's my Pros and Cons...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 02-18-2009, 02:50 PM   #9
Silent Wizard
Sand Mushroom

In-Game Name: Doylen, Slient_Wizard, Blue_Violet
Current Level: 110/110/110
Server: TEVA
Silent Wizard will become famous soon enough
If you are lev 30 now you must be 25 spr and 10 end which is a support build. If you were to take 10 from spr and put it to str you would have a more hybrid build which you could later modify as you gain points. Str becomes a valueable asset for a cleric as you level.

Clerics have the passive divinity skill which adds to your sp and mentality scrolls are the easiest to find mats for and are the cheapest to buy (teva). The only other thing spr will give you is an increase in crit. Critical is an offensive skill, the % lost is easly offset by the increase in strength which is also an offensive skill that applies to every blow.

Always build strength in mutiples of 5 points because there is a srt bonus at every fifth point. (1.2 x 5 =6)

End is a defensive skill, increasing your block rate.

Dex is great! Dex is both offensive (aim) and defensive (evade)

At some point soon you must decide if you want to be support, clank, or hybrid build. A lot depends on the gear you can find and your ability to enhance.

Thats why I chose a hybrid build, as I leveled I let my gear decide what my role was.

At 86 my build is 25spr 30end 10 dex 34str (i think) and I still have my stat reset scroll and I have been thinking about -10spr +10 str

Last edited by Silent Wizard; 02-18-2009 at 05:25 PM..
Old 02-18-2009, 11:45 PM   #10
Shiirn
Boar

In-Game Name: Typewritten - Uber Fail Archer of Doom
Current Level: ∞
Shiirn is on a distinguished road
Dexterity has two issues:

Pve and Pvp

PvE: It's strongest at 30-79, where mobs have decent aim and moderate evasion. BR mobs have extremely high aim, so much so that my archer never dodges with 1000 aim, but never misses with 1000 aim either, so the eva of the mobs isnt extremely high.

PvP: Strong up to level 84, useless at 85+ because of Bellow Knight weapons and their insane aim.

....Anyway, clerics should'nt ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever to the evereth power empower dexterity, because their base dexterity is simply pitiful, and freestat dex only applies percentage wise to your base dexterity. It works best on archers due to their naturally high evasion and aim, second place to mages for the same reason, and is somewhat useful to fighters because they have somewhat low aim with an axe.

Bijou
Lvl 89 Fighter == Arun
Lvl 87 Archer == Typewritten
Lvl 75 Mage == Rewrite
Lvl 66 Paladin == Shiirn
Goal:Get 1 gem before cap raise.
Closed Thread