Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 03-26-2011, 05:19 AM   #1
Lirange
Bad Kid

Bank account questions.

I have a couple questions about bank accounts and such. I know what some things are such as what a credit card, debit card,and savings account is. But what exactly is a checkings account. And what exactly is a banking account. Is banking account just the broad term used when you make an account with the bank? And within the banking account you can have savings acc, checking acc, etc?
Old 03-26-2011, 05:40 AM   #2
Belaslav
Yank me.

In-Game Name: -quit-
Current Level: -quit-
Server: Teva
Belaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Belaslav
I STRONGLY suggest that you make a list of questions you want answered, and make an appointment with one of your bank's representatives. Trust me, you will save yourself a lot of troubles down the road.

Originally Posted by Lirange View Post
I have a couple questions about bank accounts and such. I know what some things are such as what a credit card, debit card,and savings account is. But what exactly is a checkings account. And what exactly is a banking account. Is banking account just the broad term used when you make an account with the bank? And within the banking account you can have savings acc, checking acc, etc?
You pretty much got it right. A banking account is the general account with that particular bank that you decided to be a client of. It can contains many (to my knowledge) sub-accounts: most popularly, credit and debit.

Basically, a credit card is used to borrow money from the bank to pay for something, and the bank expects you to return the money at a date that they will specify. A debit card is used to store your funds at a bank. It usually contains 2 (cause some banks have more) sub-accounts: chequing and saving. Basically, it's just fancy naming for those sub-accounts, for all people care they could've named them "account A" and "account B". It's just 2 places where you can hold 2 different sums. On each account you can place an account plan, specified by the bank (again, read the text at the top), of how you want to store your money. Hope that clears it up.

Free software for Virus, Malware, Adware and Spyware protection: Avast and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Those of you using Firefox I recommend NoScript and AdBlock Plus addons.
Belaslav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 05:51 AM   #3
Lirange
Bad Kid

Yeah it does. I guess I'll try and talk with a banker.
Old 03-26-2011, 06:59 AM   #4
Sparkeh
Nothing here, move along.

Sparkeh is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Sparkeh
I never deal with those banks. They scare me. D:
Sparkeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 10:46 AM   #5
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
For my bank (Bank of America), my savings account gives me a teensy amount of interest and I can only withdraw money 3 times per month without being charged a fee. My checking account doesn't give me interest but it lets me have unlimited withdrawals. I opened both of my accounts at the same time and they're tied together. My credit/debit card is also tied to my checking account. My card (and most cards now) will let you run your bank card as both credit and debit and they work the same way.

If your credit card isn't tied to a bank account, then you have to remember to pay it off at the end of the pay cycle.

Last edited by Ralath; 03-26-2011 at 10:49 AM..
Ralath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 02:58 PM   #6
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Ralath View Post
For my bank (Bank of America), my savings account gives me a teensy amount of interest and I can only withdraw money 3 times per month without being charged a fee. My checking account doesn't give me interest but it lets me have unlimited withdrawals. I opened both of my accounts at the same time and they're tied together. My credit/debit card is also tied to my checking account. My card (and most cards now) will let you run your bank card as both credit and debit and they work the same way.

If your credit card isn't tied to a bank account, then you have to remember to pay it off at the end of the pay cycle.
Yikes. If I were you, I'd look into putting your money in another bank. BoA's shady dealings are going to come back to bite it in the ass.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:52 PM   #7
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
I don't intend on asking them for a home loan lol. They're retail bank should be fine. Plus, they have a branch on campus so they're most convenient.

Old 03-26-2011, 08:17 PM   #8
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
Eh, they're FDIC insured, so if you don't have more than 10 grand with them you'll be able to get it back if they go under. So there's that.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:07 PM   #9
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

I wish I had 10 grand... e_e

Old 03-27-2011, 03:05 AM   #10
Lirange
Bad Kid

I really want a credit/debit card so I can buy woot shirts