Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 11:58 PM   #11
FlyingSnow
Mara Pirate Elite

In-Game Name: FlyingSnow
Current Level: 26
Server: Teva
FlyingSnow is on a distinguished road

well time to let you on a little secret. me n a friend mapped out some of the stuff, and i can get a 2hand axe to +6 wihtout fail, and hm a wand to +4 without fail. the reason behind this is that there are patterns, different sets. and each set corrisonds better or worse with a type of item, and it's tier. the rest you can find out. but to be honest...upgrading is useless unless you are rich. the stones them selves cost around 1s each, and the upgrade has to hit +5 or +6 to even have any real affect.
IGN: Stick. Resevered for the rest of time.
Sever: Teva.

WHO THE HELL STOLE THE CLAN NAME SNOW! LIKE WTF! STOLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE STEALERRRRRRRR I HATE U!...ok so Rain is the new Snow...THIEF!
Old 09-08-2007, 12:12 AM   #12
MaxOff
Zombie

MaxOff will become famous soon enoughMaxOff will become famous soon enough
to be honest i dont think there are any pattern..... just the plain c++ random method. I dont have any proof for that, but i dont think the devs made a complicated upgrading system. Becouse they wouldnt gain anything from it.

The only pattern i use is: if the enchantemt fails, dont enchant again. The chance of failing again is high. Wait some time. But if thats true or not... i dont know.
Old 09-08-2007, 03:03 AM   #13
aesthetic
Angry Wolf

In-Game Name: Dream
aesthetic is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Triumph View Post
Hard to explain.

And to address the Wiki method listed, it hadn't been discovered until after I finished my testing. The only reason I suggest my method is because if you have the Elrue and Lix to share, and have a lot of free time, you can log your successes and failures with weapons based on what you find.

I used a full inventory of Elrue, Lix, and Xir in my experimentation. Also, I strongly advise against refining level 30+ equipment unless you are financially stable and can afford the loss of breaking a weapon. It's tough, not gonna lie.
Okay, I don't know why, but I've tried that before and never ever saw the %. Where is it SUPPOSED to be displayed?

[Dream] - [Teva] - [3x]
Reached lv30 on 9.11 o.o
Old 09-08-2007, 04:00 AM   #14
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
I used math. And had literally 100+ trials and logged which square it landed on.

For example, I'll list part of my log:

T62 - NE2 - FRT - F - D1
T63 - NE2 - FRB - S - U1
T64 - BE2 - FRR - S - U1
T65 - NE2 - FLB - F - N/A
T66 - NE2 - T - S - U1
T67 - NL2 - B - S - U1
T68 - LL2 - FRB - F - B

First column: T# (i.e. T62) = Trial Number

Second column: First letter stands for type of stone, followed by letters and numbers determining the stone. NE2 is Normal Elrue [2], BE2 is Blessed Elrue [2], and so on.

Third Column: Position where the box landed. For example, FRT is Far Right Top, FRB is Far Right Bottom, etc.

Fourth Column: Success or Fail.

Fifth Column: Effect of attempt. U1 means upgraded 1, U2 would be upgraded 2, D1 would be downgrade 1, B would be break.

In other words: You will use what you learned in math class in life. It took me a couple days of nolifing to get my results.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:13 AM   #15
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
so um.. wanna share your final results? pretty please? Which stone in which box has a higher % of success rate?

or would you like some help analysing the data you've gathered. I'm willing to help if you like... I've finished my B Commerce degree and is working as a accountant.. i'm quite sensitive to numbers and correlations... =)

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 09-10-2007, 08:26 AM   #16
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by Hessah View Post
so um.. wanna share your final results? pretty please? Which stone in which box has a higher % of success rate?

or would you like some help analysing the data you've gathered. I'm willing to help if you like... I've finished my B Commerce degree and is working as a accountant.. i'm quite sensitive to numbers and correlations... =)
I knew it. You graduated from uni so you can find out the enhancing pattern in Fiesta, didn't you? D:<

@Triumph: and did those trials help you much in your enhancements afterwards?
Old 09-10-2007, 10:40 PM   #17
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Blaaaaaaaah View Post
I knew it. You graduated from uni so you can find out the enhancing pattern in Fiesta, didn't you? D:<

@Triumph: and did those trials help you much in your enhancements afterwards?
Got a +7 a few times, +8 once, but they always broke before +9... T_T

For me, the Top Left, Top, Top Right, and Bottom Right boxes seemed to work the most. The Bottom-most box that Genkaku said worked for him a lot had approximately 9.67% success rate.

By the way, clerics and archers got their faces back.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:57 AM   #18
MaxOff
Zombie

MaxOff will become famous soon enoughMaxOff will become famous soon enough
hm 9.67%, also known as 29 out of 300.... nice

anyway i dont think there should be anyway to improve the result these way.

But the usual random generators arent truly random, and if there arent correctly initialized the result can be laughable. So it may be possible to notice a tendency in ure statistic. But these wasnt the intentension of the devs. That is what i think.

But a word of advise: the position u place the stone isnt a factor. Nor the resulting position. Both should be just visual.

P.S.: Once again. These are only assumptions based on what i saw ingame. I didnt reversed the enchanting process. Thats why i dont have any hard proofs.

Edit: If ure theory of the static result positions is true. It would mean that success chance is always 12,5% No matter where u place the stone.

Last edited by MaxOff; 09-11-2007 at 12:10 PM..
Old 09-18-2007, 04:18 PM   #19
Ysini
Slime

In-Game Name: Ysini
Current Level: 24
Ysini is on a distinguished road
I'm never refining anything again. I have managed a +3 level 15 staff, and a +2 level 20 wand. I have broken 2 wands, 2 pair of boots, a shirt and a helmet. Unfortunately, the items seem to break when I am least flush with copper. Luckily, I had my trusty back up staff, which truly sucked compared to the wand I had become accustomed to. From here on I will grind diligently, sell scrolls, and BUY equips already enhanced. I never have been much of a gambler, probably because I have the worst luck in the world. =)
Old 10-07-2007, 10:06 AM   #20
moldyrocks
Slime

In-Game Name: Jerrele
Current Level: 13
Server: Apoline
moldyrocks is on a distinguished road
Triumph
Quote:
For me, the Top Left, Top, Top Right, and Bottom Right boxes seemed to work the most.
I started with with a lvl 15 mace and placed the Regular Elrue [1], in the bottom right box and first try got a +2 enhancement. Then I used a lvl 10 mace in the upper left box and got a +1 enhancement, then another lvl 10 mace in the upper box and got +1, then upper right box with the +1 lvl 10 and got +2 then repeated the +1 lvl 10 mace in the bottom right box and got it too +2 lvl 10. But, when I tried to enhance the first +2 lvl 10 mace to +3, it busted.
But at least I got a +2 lvl 10 and a +2 lvl 15 mace.

Thanks for the hard work and suggestion Triumph.

Cheers,
Moldy

Last edited by moldyrocks; 10-07-2007 at 11:07 AM..
Closed Thread