Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 01:54 PM   #11
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Server: Teva
Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold

I have someone on my list who's CONSTANTLY asking for a plvl and CONSTANTLY getting one. And he's really annoying =w= I just want to whack him on the head and see what he does when he gets to 6x and there are no plvls XD
So, you are farrrrrr from being a bad person XDD

{ enraya ! }
Old 06-10-2008, 02:25 PM   #12
Eru
Marlone Captain

In-Game Name: dunno
Eru has a spectacular aura aboutEru has a spectacular aura about
Coupla things.

First, @Flowersss…damn ur ava is making me *hungry*

Second, quick question: Is there a difference between plvling and leeching? And if so is plvling always bad? I’ve occasionally aoe-ptyed with a much higher lvl mage in a map that I know I couldn’t handle mobs in, and while I didn’t deal any damage I was spamming heal and restore saving them hp stones/pots. (Another difference might be that I dun always ask to do this and I have no problem grinding by myself in lvl-appropriate maps.)

Last, lol…you could always take them to a high lvl map then warp back? j/k, that’d just be mean

Old 06-10-2008, 02:30 PM   #13
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by Eruantien View Post
Coupla things.

Second, quick question: Is there a difference between plvling and leeching? And if so is plvling always bad? I’ve occasionally aoe-ptyed with a much higher lvl mage in a map that I know I couldn’t handle mobs in, and while I didn’t deal any damage I was spamming heal and restore saving them hp stones/pots. (Another difference might be that I dun always ask to do this and I have no problem grinding by myself in lvl-appropriate maps.)

Last, lol…you could always take them to a high lvl map then warp back? j/k, that’d just be mean
LOL @ your ditching newbs at high levelled map plans.

Anyway, back to your question. Close but not quite.

Leeching is when you're in a party and you just sit there and do nothing. Your party works their asses off to get exp and things but you just sit around and twiddle your thumbs. That's leeching.

P-lvling (power-levelling) is leeching taken to a whole new level. You leech in a high levelled party where you sit there and do nothing while getting lots of exp and the high levelled people are spamming their pots away. Greater gain in this way.

Then again, plvl doesn't always have to involve the newb leeching. Like for what you did, you were responsible for healing the high levelled mage, so plvling doesn't always have to be bad if you're contributing efforts for the party.

So yeap. Leeching is bad unless your party doesn't mind it. Power levelling doesn't necessarily have to be bad but it is generally looked as bad (but again, if the person plvling you doesn't mind then it's okay of course).

Old 06-10-2008, 02:40 PM   #14
Flowersss
Ancient Stonie

Tournaments Won: 2

In-Game Name: College
Current Level: College
Server: College
Flowersss will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Blaaaaaaaah View Post
LOL @ your ditching newbs at high levelled map plans.

Anyway, back to your question. Close but not quite.

Leeching is when you're in a party and you just sit there and do nothing. Your party works their asses off to get exp and things but you just sit around and twiddle your thumbs. That's leeching.

P-lvling (power-levelling) is leeching taken to a whole new level. You leech in a high levelled party where you sit there and do nothing while getting lots of exp and the high levelled people are spamming their pots away. Greater gain in this way.

Then again, plvl doesn't always have to involve the newb leeching. Like for what you did, you were responsible for healing the high levelled mage, so plvling doesn't always have to be bad if you're contributing efforts for the party.

So yeap. Leeching is bad unless your party doesn't mind it. Power levelling doesn't necessarily have to be bad but it is generally looked as bad (but again, if the person plvling you doesn't mind then it's okay of course).

In this case, plvling and leeching is ok....if its ok with you.....basically?
(If that made any sense)

Coupla things.

Hotpockets are FTWage @.@ *drools*
Old 06-10-2008, 02:43 PM   #15
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Originally Posted by Flowersss View Post
In this case, plvling and leeching is ok....if its ok with you.....basically?
If it's okay with the people you're leeching off/your powerleveller.

Sorry for the confusion.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:44 PM   #16
Eru
Marlone Captain

In-Game Name: dunno
Eru has a spectacular aura aboutEru has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Blaaaaaaaah View Post

[...]

mmk...I thot plvl=leech just at a higher level and that the "doing nothing" and "actively contributing" was the distinguishing factor that made it "not bad".

I admit this seems a little unfair towards other classes cause I was able to heal the mage effectively being almost 10-15 lvls lower, while other classes that far behind on that high of a map may not really do much to help?

Old 06-10-2008, 02:46 PM   #17
D.A.R.E.boy

Tournaments Won: 35

dont help ppl unless u get to no them or u really need
a pt ppl cept asking me for plvl in cp so i dont go there no
more unless im plvling a good friend alt

Old 06-10-2008, 02:52 PM   #18
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

mmk...I thot plvl=leech just at a higher level and that the "doing nothing" and "actively contributing" was the distinguishing factor that made it "not bad".

I admit this seems a little unfair towards other classes cause I was able to heal the mage effectively being almost 10-15 lvls lower, while other classes that far behind on that high of a map may not really do much to help?
Yeah, it is. Clerics have it easier.

But yeah, what I said is only the general view I think. Plvl is pretty much leeching if you can't do anything. Only difference between plvl and leeching is the level of the people in your party and the level of the mobs you're training at.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:02 PM   #19
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
I find plvl useful both for me and for other people sometimes. I like to plvl friends for them to catch up, and I get plvled if I'm stuck (not anymore now though Dx) But leeching is another story. Like kt said, it's doing nothing while gaining exp, which for me takes away all the fun XD

{ enraya ! }
Old 06-10-2008, 04:25 PM   #20
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Spirit has disabled reputation
Me and a few others were on our way to Uruga when a fighter asked if he could join our party. I explained that we were working quests and he said that was okay, he just wanted the exp. So, we invite hin, thinking we could use another fighter. He won't attack anything!!!! I finally told him, help kill the mobs or I boot you. So he started helping, but meh!! I was not gonna put up with him riding on our coattails.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Closed Thread