Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 07:05 PM   #11
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Server: Teva
Spirit has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Zwivix View Post
Uhh then how the hell did you get to higher levels...if you cant afford stuff. You dont need CS items or to pay the CS you pay someone else...

is your fighter 7X...I dont think so. but when he is you'll also need to get upgraded armor and stuff.

The perception has changed, but thats the point. Perceptions change and if you wanna stay on top you change with it. If not you get left behind. Simple as that.

I dont complain about dying all the time when tanks cant keep the agrro even if their 5 levels higher than me...They dont complain that I cant tank a whole room.

I suggest get a different party. Look for someone that respects the way you play.
Wow. So, if we cannot afford to pay someone to enhance all of our equip and we cannot afford to enhance it ourselves, we do not need to be a high level? Hmmm.... interesting.
So, if I am not playing with a fighter that is equal or above my level I need to find another party? Hmmm.... interesting.
Oh and everyone I party with has to be able to afford to upgrade their equip? Hmmmm..... interesting.

I do think so. Tanks should be able to hold agro and have better skills. Mages should have to spend a fortune in CS, when fighters do not have to spend anything in order to play the game. Mages shouldn't have to prepare themselves to be a tank. Tanking is not the mages job.

Also, just FYI, I can afford it. My argument was for the people who can't. But, I also see no point it upgrading my armour, never have and never will. I will upgrawde my weapon, but my armour can stay how I buy it.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72

Last edited by Spirit; 04-28-2008 at 07:13 PM.. Reason: Changed my mind.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:22 PM   #12
Zwivix
AichtVeeGee4Life

Moebius Syndrome Champion!Tournaments Won: 7

In-Game Name: Zwivix|iThePirate|GardenWeasel
Current Level: 103.01| 67.10|50.24
Zwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
Wow. So, if we cannot afford to pay someone to enhance all of our equip and we cannot afford to enhance it ourselves, we do not need to be a high level? Hmmm.... interesting.
So, if I am not playing with a fighter that is equal or above my level I need to find another party? Hmmm.... interesting.
Oh and everyone I party with has to be able to afford to upgrade their equip? Hmmmm..... interesting.

I do think so. Tanks should be able to hold agro and have better skills. Mages should have to spend a fortune in CS, when fighters do not have to spend anything in order to play the game. Mages shouldn't have to prepare themselves to be a tank. Tanking is not the mages job.

Also, just FYI, I can afford it. My argument was for the people who can't. But, I also see no point it upgrading my armour, never have and never will. I will upgrawde my weapon, but my armour can stay how I buy it.
If you couldnt buy all the lower level weapons or have gotten some extra money then you should get that high of a level. At high level if you still cant make money thats pretty sad...Intresting.

You cant make a comparison between two classes if your not comparing the same level bracet...Intresting.

Hmm Tanks are missing skills that allow them to keep agrro. Mages dont have to spend money they just have to deal with not having the best or fastest party or not spam their skills once their cooldown is gone so they dont take as much agrro. How about you let the tank take the agrro. Not like alot of morons that keep attacking even if they take all the agrro and know their gonna die.

Like I said if you cant make money at level 70 then thats pretty sad. If you dont upgrade your armor thats fine. I'm not telling you have to. Im just saying it would be beneficial for you and anyone you wanna party with.

● If I kill you, that means I'll be the one closest to you when you're on your deathbed●
● If anyone else kills you, I'll kill that person●

Disclaimer:150% guy I prefer the siggys with the hot babes for my own visual gratification!"

TEVA:
||Zwivix (Lv.103)[Ranger]||Holy_VanGuards||♥Nilathiel♥
||iThePirate(Lv.66)[Warrior]||VanGuards
||GardenWeasel(Lv.50)[WizMage]||VanGuards
Old 04-28-2008, 07:29 PM   #13
Spirit
complete once again

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Originally Posted by Yosei View Post
First off....

I.AM.NOT.A.MEATSHIELD!

Apparently lately the purpose of a mage has changed...

Its not how much damage they do.... its how many hits they can take. The other day, I was basically called a crappy mage because I don't have END gear and I don't +9 all my armor <.< I'm sorry, but peoples standards (especially my level group) are getting too damn high now-a-days. I really wish Outspark would get the tanks another mock, then there wouldn't be such an issue. I'm a mage... a damage dealer. I should be worrying about my classes specialty, damage. Not how much TR trumpies I can tank.

Seriously, if to be a good mage I have to have END gear and +9 it all, I have to be made of money... actual cash and in-game cash. And if thats good... then heck, I'm going to be a crappy mage. Thats just too high of standards. Messed up really.

Mages are damage dealers, not meat shields.
^^ People EXPECT mages to tank. THAT is what this is about. Why should I have to Pay someone to enhance my armour, just so I can tank???? I am not a tank.
Mages are DDs, we are supposed to spam our skills. They should give the tanks better skills that that they are ABLE to hold agro.

Also, side not off of this discussion. Please watch the comments. By saying
Quote:
Not like alot of morons that keep attacking even if they take all the agrro and know their gonna die.
you are basically saying it to the mages that are posting in this thread, saying that we are tired of being killed.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
Old 04-28-2008, 07:33 PM   #14
Zwivix
AichtVeeGee4Life

Moebius Syndrome Champion!Tournaments Won: 7

In-Game Name: Zwivix|iThePirate|GardenWeasel
Current Level: 103.01| 67.10|50.24
Zwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to behold
^^ People EXPECT mages to tank. THAT is what this is about. Why should I have to Pay someone to enhance my armour, just so I can tank???? I am not a tank.
Mages are DDs, we are supposed to spam our skills. They should give the tanks better skills that that they are ABLE to hold agro.
Yes, at higher levels mages are the highest DD so they will take more agrro and HAVE to tank. So get END armor casue your the strongest Class in the game(Damage-wise).

Also, side not off of this discussion. Please watch the comments. By saying you are basically saying it to the mages that are posting in this thread, saying that we are tired of being killed.
Like I've ever seen you play....No I'm saying it to all the mages I see around the game that get killed and then complain casue they just wont stop attacking for a couple seconds for the agrro to go back to the fighter, who has higher def.
---
Lol'ed at the way you thought i was unsulting you

● If I kill you, that means I'll be the one closest to you when you're on your deathbed●
● If anyone else kills you, I'll kill that person●

Disclaimer:150% guy I prefer the siggys with the hot babes for my own visual gratification!"

TEVA:
||Zwivix (Lv.103)[Ranger]||Holy_VanGuards||♥Nilathiel♥
||iThePirate(Lv.66)[Warrior]||VanGuards
||GardenWeasel(Lv.50)[WizMage]||VanGuards

Last edited by Zwivix; 04-28-2008 at 07:35 PM.. Reason: Changed my mind
Old 04-28-2008, 07:51 PM   #15
Kyrillos
Speedy Boogy

In-Game Name: Kyrillos
Current Level: 71
Kyrillos is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Kyrillos Send a message via MSN to Kyrillos
Mmmm... <3 Yosei

Yeah, I've had other mages yell at me for being a INT/SPR mage, really with armor and stats.

+10END
+3xINT
+25SPR

Still, they go "You should have more END. You'll live longer."

People are viewing the mage as changing. They are expecting them to become much more like an archer, really after the CD time decrese to the Archer class. Maybe it's time to add DAMAGE to mage spells. They arer already really high, but the mock CD and Kick needs decresed, or mage damage should go up. I'd go with the former.

I, at least, make fun of my deaths in Spider. I actually yell at the tanks for not doing their jobs, and when I said this last night:

"We're not killing GS because I just tanked 2 of the 4 graverobbers, and I have 2 hearts left because the fighters couldn't mock"

I got yelled at, and/or congratulated heartily by the tank(s) who were bother over 66 >.>

Mages are DPS (Damage Per Second) not Mank, or Clanks, or any other odd combination of those.

Yosei FTW.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:09 PM   #16
Ethelinde
Skeleton Archer

In-Game Name: ???
Current Level: 105
Server: A Server With Slimes In It
Ethelinde is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Kyrillos View Post
Mmmm... <3 Yosei

Yeah, I've had other mages yell at me for being a INT/SPR mage, really with armor and stats.

+10END
+3xINT
+25SPR

Still, they go "You should have more END. You'll live longer."

People are viewing the mage as changing. They are expecting them to become much more like an archer, really after the CD time decrese to the Archer class. Maybe it's time to add DAMAGE to mage spells. They arer already really high, but the mock CD and Kick needs decresed, or mage damage should go up. I'd go with the former.

I, at least, make fun of my deaths in Spider. I actually yell at the tanks for not doing their jobs, and when I said this last night:

"We're not killing GS because I just tanked 2 of the 4 graverobbers, and I have 2 hearts left because the fighters couldn't mock"

I got yelled at, and/or congratulated heartily by the tank(s) who were bother over 66 >.>

Mages are DPS (Damage Per Second) not Mank, or Clanks, or any other odd combination of those.

Yosei FTW.
Lolz @ Mank x) I shuddered at the thought of people shouting "lf 70+ Mank for aoe" rofl.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:32 PM   #17
Lady-Loki
sane, so says the voices

Tower Defense 2007 Champion!Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Lady_Loki | Lady_Raine | Lady_Leilani | Lady_Danae | Lady_Julietta
Current Level: this changes more often than I care to update this detail
Server: Teva (main) Epith (secondary) other 2 (fallback)
Lady-Loki has disabled reputation
First, if people are telling you what you should have or be or what you shouldn't have or be then I suggest responding to them with "If that were required then the mage would have been built that way by default. I customized to my preference because that is one of the better aspects of this game - my ability to do just that.

Second, unless you actually play a high level mage, you are really only able to express what you prefer a mage do in order to best assist you to accomplish your end goal.

Please click my Dragon Eggs to help my babies along.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
And, just for the heck of it, you can visit my mini city to help my population grow:
<--youarehere
Old 04-28-2008, 08:36 PM   #18
Spirit
complete once again

Originally Posted by Zwivix View Post

Like I've ever seen you play....No I'm saying it to all the mages I see around the game that get killed and then complain casue they just wont stop attacking for a couple seconds for the agrro to go back to the fighter, who has higher def.
---
Lol'ed at the way you thought i was unsulting you
It was a warning, because some mages, like the mages posting in this thread could take offense to it. Not meant as a joke. Being in the All The Rage section, means you have to watch what you say. As posted in the rules.

Old 04-28-2008, 09:35 PM   #19
Hyper
Sucked back into the 'net

In-Game Name: An occupation
Current Level: 8 hours a day
Server: 4reL-lyfe
Hyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these parts
Crazy. I get called a "half-ass" tank all the time because I only have 557 defense. People ask for my end build, which is 40, and they're like "wtf? Why is your def so low?" Then I say I don't +9 my armor, and that gets a few "wtf"'s.

PvP with +9'd mages is hell.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:23 PM   #20
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
If Mages were supposed to tank. Once again, what's the point of having any other class?

By looking at what is available to the classes from NPCs it's pretty obvious Mages are not supposed to tank. And like Spirit said, not everyone has the means of upgrading their armor/weapon. Nor should one have to do so to play like everyone else. Cash Shop gives an obvious advantage but that should not mean it should kick every other Mage to the curb.

It seems that Cash Shop corrupted a lot of the players. I don't +9 my armor (cause it doesn't make it look special, just weapons) either and like I mentioned in a previous post, a Mage 1 level higher had similar defense. Does that mean I can't tank and that he should? No. You can +9 all the armor you wear but I will have more HP in the end. He took on several mobs... and his HP went down pretty damn fast if you ask me.
Closed Thread