Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 06:44 AM   #21
a.L
A to the R to the K

a.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud of

It depends on the situation. It might save your ass from a fighter's devastate with some good timing.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:46 AM   #22
FabledWaltz
Phinofly

In-Game Name: Dyaevim
Current Level: 72
Server: Apoline
FabledWaltz is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to FabledWaltz
They'll just pop an SP stone/potion and smash your face in like it were nothing.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:46 AM   #23
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Actually, probably not. I like to use Mana Burn in PvP and as much as I'd love for the CD to go down, I kinda see why they put such a long CD on it.

Edit:
Then I must say you have not been using mana burn correctly in PvP and taking full advantage of its use. Just manaburning them randomly doesn't help, at all.

I mainly use manaburn for archers. See an archer use SP stone? Manaburn their ass. SP has a CD just as long as HP stones. Archers will have to wait before they can use an SP stone. Meanwhile, they are forced to auto attack. Unless you like to stand next to an archer, then you should be able to gain enough distance to save yourself (either by escaping, or by killing them off).

Manaburn is also useful in killing someone when they have little HP left. I often don't like trying to fire another skill to finish them off because of the casting time. Manaburn is instant and it often helped me finish people off before they can use a HP stone.

Of course, I have misfired manaburn many times myself. Really takes a lot of attention to use correctly. If that's not done, then of course it's useless.

Last edited by Blaaaaaaaah; 04-01-2009 at 06:50 AM..
Old 04-01-2009, 06:47 AM   #24
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by FabledWaltz View Post
This is what I hate. No one will ever defend a Mage but instead point out all of it's supposed "pros" while comparing it to other classes that can't do the exact same things. Well no shit! If they did the same thing as me, again, what purpose would we serve? None, as I have stated before.

I can't speak for anyone else but I do think that balancing view-points and classes are in ''everyone's'' interest, not just the Mages or the Archers etc. We're just not as pro-Mage as you seem to be because you seem to veer right off the edge of class-balancing while not acknowledging any of the strengths that the class has.

As I stated before, our range does not need to be incredibly long but long enough so that I don't have to sit there and get smacked around like a rag doll until the monster finally decides to drop. And why should I or any other Mage suffer just because it is a "party" game?

You answered your own question. You suffer because it is a party-game, which means that it's not supposed to be easy to do things by yourself.

Every MMORPG is a "party" oriented game hence the "Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game". But again, most games will not screw people over like this to the point where soloing is (nearly) impossible. If I can't find a party, should I just never play? I mean, that makes no sense at all.

Soloing is really only easy in the earlier levels. Also in every other MMORPG I've played, it's supposed to get harder and harder to solo the higher you go.

Edit: Seriously, the whole "Mages are wanted more than Archers" comment is just bullshit. There will be times when one class is preferred more than the other but most people are kind enough to accept either/or. If your server keeps picking Mages over Archers than I suggest switching to a new one.

It's not ''bullshit'''...were you even there when there was a massive blowout about Archers not being partied and Mages being created in mass-numbers? The only Archers getting partied were the ones with friends and established grind-parties. Until the third AoE, and later on with the cap-raise, things were pretty bad for Archers who wanted pick-up parties, they just were nowhere near as good as Mages for grinding. Suggesting to move to a new server is kinda extreme...what with the problem of losing everything and all.

EDIT: lateeee Dx

And Mana-burn is a good humiliation move to kill someone with when it does happen :D

Last edited by Ivramire; 04-01-2009 at 06:50 AM..
Old 04-01-2009, 06:48 AM   #25
a.L
A to the R to the K

a.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud of
They'll just pop an SP stone/potion and smash your face in like it were nothing.
Depends. If you time it so that you burn their SP right after they use a stone, it can be useful if it's a close fight.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:49 AM   #26
Sero
Jizz King

In-Game Name: SerodinSliver | GoldenMirrodin | DarkMirrodin |
Current Level: 90 | 55 | 74
Sero has a spectacular aura aboutSero has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Sero Send a message via Yahoo to Sero
This is what I hate. No one will ever defend a Mage but instead point out all of it's supposed "pros" while comparing it to other classes that can't do the exact same things. Well no shit! If they did the same thing as me, again, what purpose would we serve? None, as I have stated before.
Defend? What you're wanting is for the Mages to have a bit of everything.

Edit: Seriously, the whole "Mages are wanted more than Archers" comment is just bullshit. There will be times when one class is preferred more than the other but most people are kind enough to accept either/or. If your server keeps picking Mages over Archers than I suggest switching to a new one.
I wonder how many others out there would think it is too.

Eh? Let me respond to you the same way you've responded to the suggestion of playing an Archer instead of a Mage. I will not switch to a new server because I enjoy playing in mine, already. I've dealt with it cause it's been like that for me for a long time already. So don't make those suggestions.

There will be times when one class is preferred more than the other but most people are kind enough to accept either/or.
We are basing this on stats and performance itself, not how people are kind enough to accept either/or. And even if we would base it on both views,
No one ever said "Mages are wanted more than Archers ALL THE TIME. You may want to read some posts again.

You know, I think I forgot about Mana Burn as well. I guess it really IS that useless. But yes, it does some damage. However, the damage is too low for it to be considered useful for anything other than sapping away SP in PvP but the cool down just makes it absolutely useless.
Yeah. 2 minutes lol. Plus, it looks gay too xD

EDIT:

late post again >.> D;

take me above your light
carry me through the night
Originally Posted by vasu619 View Post
Ugh...Serodin is on a roll...

Note to self: Nevar EVAR get Serodin talking about umm, sticks with sacks.
Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
Another note for handling Sero: do not get him started about moms.
Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
I agree with Blaaaahs. Serodin cracks me up.

Oh and for the record, I am weird.
Originally Posted by hyperswoss View Post
Serodin is my hot, hot, sex~ ^.~
hold me secure in flight
sing me to sleep tonight

Last edited by Sero; 04-01-2009 at 06:52 AM..
Old 04-01-2009, 06:51 AM   #27
Miriamele
Boar

In-Game Name: Miriamele, Mooncalf
Current Level: 86, 5x
Server: Epith
Miriamele is on a distinguished road
Mana burn is not entirely useless. During wars, I've been pummeled with mages mana burning me and purging my buffs that have screwed me up. DD axe fighters use a LOT of SP and we eat SP stones like candy. Of course, a smart one will use an SP pot but not all of us tote those around. Stones do have a CD time... and a mage that purges a cleric's pt buff will do quite a bit of damage. I was in a war where my cleric's mdef pt buff was purged and we were up against a couple of strong capped mages. Yeah, it hurt... best part was that nobody in our pt knew he had been purged of that buff so we were all hurting harder and wondering why.

That being said, it's not anywhere near as spammable as those flame thingies in DT make it out to be...
Old 04-01-2009, 06:54 AM   #28
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by Miriamele View Post
Mana burn is not entirely useless. During wars, I've been pummeled with mages mana burning me and purging my buffs that have screwed me up. DD axe fighters use a LOT of SP and we eat SP stones like candy. Of course, a smart one will use an SP pot but not all of us tote those around. Stones do have a CD time... and a mage that purges a cleric's pt buff will do quite a bit of damage. I was in a war where my cleric's mdef pt buff was purged and we were up against a couple of strong capped mages. Yeah, it hurt... best part was that nobody in our pt knew he had been purged of that buff so we were all hurting harder and wondering why.
Mages can purge party buffs?! Does it only work if you purge the cleric (source of buff)? And when purged, does it take away EVERYONE'S mdef buff in the party?

Because I've never done that before and never thought about doing it since I didn't know you could..

Edit: now that I think about it, that's pretty logical. Not sure why I never thought about it like that before. Gewdgewd... >=D
Old 04-01-2009, 06:56 AM   #29
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
^You should see a Mage spell-stealing a Shield-Block buff xD
Old 04-01-2009, 06:56 AM   #30
FabledWaltz
Phinofly

In-Game Name: Dyaevim
Current Level: 72
Server: Apoline
FabledWaltz is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to FabledWaltz
@a.L: Mana Burn does not drain all of their SP so no matter what, you've still got a Fighter about to kill you.

@Serendina: Um... no. What I want is for Mages to be fixed. Damage, stones, range and usefulness of certain spells. That isn't asking for much especially when things like this should not have to be fixed. Everything else is just things that I have pointed out that I find wrong. I'm not saying everything needs to be fixed. (Christ, I seem to have hit my repeat button.)

Um... I never said that either. Try rereading my post again. By the way, Ralath already used that. It seems you Archers are all the same.

@Ivramire: Then you explain that to Outspark. Because Fighters are overpowered, Archers can kite and Clerics have survivability out the wazoo. Mages? Nothing that could help us solo. I was there when that supposedly happened yet I saw Archers in parties ALL the time. To be honest, I think it's just one big lie. Or a server thing, not sure which. There isn't much Mages have to acknowledge.

@Miriamele: Anything in numbers is going to hurt a lot, especially if they happen to be capped as well. That argument isn't really... useful.

Last edited by FabledWaltz; 04-01-2009 at 07:00 AM.. Reason: Because I can.
Closed Thread