Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 04:53 AM   #11
Flowersss
Ancient Stonie

Tournaments Won: 2

In-Game Name: College
Current Level: College
Server: College
Flowersss will become famous soon enough

Did you say Hi? If you didn't then I would have never guessed.
Old 07-12-2008, 04:59 AM   #12
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: lnfamous
Current Level: 6x
Server: Teva
MikeyG has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to MikeyG
We fought for a while o.0 i told u it twas me =o
Old 07-12-2008, 05:11 AM   #13
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
Back OT:-

SPR for a Fighter is actually pretty decent if you're willing to sacrifice either STR or END. Some of the really good tankers (pre-cap) were END/SPR hybrids.

An Axer going 25 SPR/rest STR is actually more dangerous than a full STR Fighter in PvP despite full STR doing statistically more damage more consistently. When it's human x human, not knowing when the next strike is going to crit and potentially underestimating/overestimating the crit rate/your healing capability, the occasional crit will more likely kill your target than the expected blow of anticipated damage.

A Power Hit ---> Weapon Swap ---> Accurate Strike chain that crits will bring most people low.

Higher chance to crit is also very good for the Fighter's trump skill Devastate, where you have a good chance to crit on multiple targets making higher % chance more valuable than a few additional points of damage.

Tankers going End/Spr lessen slightly the hammering they take from magic damage and get a slightly enhanced Mana pool.

Last edited by Ivramire; 07-12-2008 at 05:14 AM..
Old 07-12-2008, 05:19 AM   #14
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
Originally Posted by lvramire View Post
Tankers going End/Spr lessen slightly the hammering they take from magic damage and get a slightly enhanced Mana pool.

I did that a lot when I first started playing Fiesta.
Old 07-12-2008, 06:09 PM   #15
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Wrong forum.

And no.

A pure build always defeats a hybrid build.

However, one group of individuals will swear wholeheartedly that the 5% critical is worth more, despite hard calculations done by numerous people. I recall in the early days these calculations were both based on theoretical damage and accumulated experimental data.

Both proved that, for instance, at level 79, 94 STR > 69 STR/25 SPR.

The same applies for INT.

If you still doubt, ask yourself this:

Why else were all the first Legends of Isya pure builds?
Old 07-12-2008, 06:11 PM   #16
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: lnfamous
Current Level: 6x
Server: Teva
MikeyG has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to MikeyG
Quote:
A pure build always defeats a hybrid build.
ROFL, funny one.
Old 07-12-2008, 06:16 PM   #17
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
Originally Posted by Triumph View Post

Why else were all the first Legends of Isya pure builds?
Bad correlation.

I don't see how a cleric with full STR is going to get to 79 faster than a cleric with 25 SPR and rest STR because people (cleric's especially) aren't soloing their way to 79.

._.

If cleric's aren't soloing, chances are someone else is doing the damage for them and then the STR is wasted since they're not attacking anything anyway.
Old 07-12-2008, 06:17 PM   #18
Ethelinde
Skeleton Archer

In-Game Name: ???
Current Level: 105
Server: A Server With Slimes In It
Ethelinde is on a distinguished road
A fighter needs SPR if he/she wish to PVP against multiple mages/tank magic mobs better, but generally from equipments and not build. If you want to do damage full STR is better than with 25 SPR.
Old 07-12-2008, 06:18 PM   #19
Ethelinde
Skeleton Archer

In-Game Name: ???
Current Level: 105
Server: A Server With Slimes In It
Ethelinde is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Ralath View Post
Bad correlation.

I don't see how a cleric with full STR is going to get to 79 faster than a cleric with 25 SPR and rest STR because people (cleric's especially) aren't soloing their way to 79.

._.

If cleric's aren't soloing, chances are someone else is doing the damage for them and then the STR is wasted since they're not attacking anything anyway.
Elfenlied solo'd her way to 79 with full STR, before the abyss and all the exp rates.

Omg double again... T_T
Old 07-12-2008, 07:34 PM   #20
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by MikeyG View Post
ROFL, funny one.
I have Excel spreadsheets, player testimonies, and conducted experiments.

You, on the other hand, only have your opinion and your donated cleric account.

Furthermore, interesting to note how Seva, Fireriot, Patchouli, StarLeona, and various other damage-dealing individuals were all pure builds.

But I suppose your opinion with no factual basis outweighs mine. After all, you hold a great and almighty level 78 cleric. I cannot compete.
Closed Thread