Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 07:17 PM   #11
viasta
RAGING OVERHEATTT!!!!!!!!

Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: viaAoE
Current Level: Level of viasta
Server: Epith
viasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to viasta

I like how you think Eru

Thanks Loveless!
Old 07-09-2008, 08:29 PM   #12
Kaidela
Bored Fox

In-Game Name: Aleese | Victoire | Kaidela | Rilynn
Current Level: 87 | 70 | 60 | 35
Server: Teva
Kaidela has a spectacular aura aboutKaidela has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Kaidela Send a message via MSN to Kaidela
I agree with almost everything, especially the thing about how clerics shouldn't tank. :D Great guide.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:11 PM   #13
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
Competent Clerics can tank even when there's a good Fighter in party or time aggrro in such a way as to assure that it's the Cleric that the mobs go to, not the DDs. May not sound like a good thing but so long as you time Rejuvenate on yourself/ pot / stone properly, a Cleric can do more than just heal the party and help relieve the Tank.

This isn't as vital anymore because they upped Mock strength but believe me, it used to be.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:15 AM   #14
horong
Slow Slime

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Gamiya
Current Level: 56
Server: Bijou
horong will become famous soon enough
if mock str really has been improved, then good for them. relieves the burden off clanks and returns fighters to former glory.

"It'll be good to have that strength" Kroot Carnivore, DOW DC

OKAY!!!!
Old 07-10-2008, 01:37 AM   #15
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
#3 - The Cleric-tank (Clank)
Question: "What is the best cleric build for a cleric tank?"
Answer: "None. Clerics shouldnt tank unless a warrior-tank isnt around, in which case a support build will do well enough in a crunch."
This needs to be size 7'ed.... XD

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 07-10-2008, 01:46 AM   #16
Eru
Marlone Captain

In-Game Name: dunno
Eru has a spectacular aura aboutEru has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by lvramire View Post
Competent Clerics can tank even when there's a good Fighter in party or time aggrro in such a way as to assure that it's the Cleric that the mobs go to, not the DDs. May not sound like a good thing but so long as you time Rejuvenate on yourself/ pot / stone properly, a Cleric can do more than just heal the party and help relieve the Tank.
Could you elaborate? And at what level could this start? I know that at lvl60 clerics sometimes draw aggro with party heal. Does the cleric have to be healing/rejuving himself? Personally, I've yet to be able to keep aggro by just healing/rejuving a similarly leveled mage in an aoe-duo party.

Originally Posted by Hessah View Post
This needs to be size 7'ed.... XD
lol Hess...i agree Tho, I think lrva's point about being able to draw aggro if needed is interesting.

Old 07-10-2008, 02:14 AM   #17
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Eruantien View Post
Could you elaborate? And at what level could this start? I know that at lvl60 clerics sometimes draw aggro with party heal. Does the cleric have to be healing/rejuving himself? Personally, I've yet to be able to keep aggro by just healing/rejuving a similarly leveled mage in an aoe-duo party.

I remember drawing aggro while GoC hunting so it can start as early as 40 I guess. You can even draw aggro from Mages because I know I used to in a full-Mage party killing Trumpys pre-cap raise. If you're forced to the point where you're shaving cast time just to keep someone alive, there's a good chance that the aggro will shift to you even if you don't want it to.

I remember saying before on this forum, something like 'I can keep you all alive but I'll end up the one dying.' That's the way it used to be.
Old 07-10-2008, 03:47 AM   #18
horong
Slow Slime

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Gamiya
Current Level: 56
Server: Bijou
horong will become famous soon enough
Quote:
I know that at lvl60 clerics sometimes draw aggro with party heal.
will definitely draw agro, unless mock comes out immediately.

MOCKING HOO!!!
Old 07-10-2008, 05:38 AM   #19
viasta
RAGING OVERHEATTT!!!!!!!!

Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: viaAoE
Current Level: Level of viasta
Server: Epith
viasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to viasta
I never lost aggro as a mage when I am aoe duoing with eru or other cleric guild mates and they were spamming heals at me constantly since I pull a lot of mobs o_o..I didn't lose any aggro to heals from cleric. I don't think clerics aggro well.

Thanks Loveless!

Last edited by viasta; 07-10-2008 at 05:38 AM.. Reason: fixed spelling.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:01 AM   #20
Ethelinde
Skeleton Archer

In-Game Name: ???
Current Level: 105
Server: A Server With Slimes In It
Ethelinde is on a distinguished road
Full STR remains as my only choice for clerics. Blue hammer hurt as much as blue axe at full STR. With 2.6k Defense a cleric can do just about anything. But yeah... if you want PVP don't bother making cleric, just go for axe fighters (they're simply way too rigged to be defeated on charms x3).
Closed Thread