Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 12:20 PM   #1
NotMyWay
Dead Tree Soul

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: NotMyWay
Current Level: 屰
Server: Epith
NotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to behold
Are there any skills worth saving points for?

As some might know bleed/trip is actually worse then bash, and recently, I found that even rejuvenate isnt really as worth empowering as heal, if you calculate in terms of hp/second (assuming the skill is used as soon as the cooldown is up). Moreover, rejuvenate requires 0.8 seconds to cast. Seriously, is there anything worth saving up for?
Old 01-30-2008, 01:29 PM   #2
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by NotMyWay View Post
As some might know bleed/trip is actually worse then bash, and recently, I found that even rejuvenate isnt really as worth empowering as heal, if you calculate in terms of hp/second (assuming the skill is used as soon as the cooldown is up). Moreover, rejuvenate requires 0.8 seconds to cast. Seriously, is there anything worth saving up for?
What level are you?

I used to think rejuvenate is useless too. Takes too long to cast, cooldown is long. But... after getting higher level, I actually find myself using it more and more often now. And I am considering empowering that.

Rejuv is useful when you got some crazy healing to do (like in Honeying KQs, or getting mobbed ALOT), but even more useful to keep aggro on you (yes yes, learning off lvramire o. So, I was thinking reducing SP consumption for it since I'm using it more often.. or maybe even cool down too, not sure. It's worth considering though. If not, maybe reduce SP consumption for Restore. I considered doing that, but I still haven't because I'm being indecisive.

I think it depends on what type of cleric you are. If you are a partying cleric, then rejuv would be pretty useful - for healing and keeping aggro if your party lacks a fighter.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:59 PM   #3
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
I've fully enpowered the cool-downs for Rejuvenate and the lvl.60 AoE heal Recover.

Enpowering Rejuvenate fully, brings its cooldown from 10 to 7 seconds and enpowering Recover fully brings it from 30 to 21. It depends on you really but I've found it to be somewhat useful. Rejuvenate may have a .8second cast time but that fits in nicely into the slot of time of Heal's fully enpowered 2.1cd. Heal then immediately cancel animation and cast Rejuvenate. Especially useful if someone other than the tank is being hit, heal the non-tank then rejuv the tanker.

In those cases when you get aggro it's usually because you're spam-healing in a hectic situation.Usually when I catch aggro, I try to keep it as it makes it a bit easier on the tank if we share the burden. I heal immediately,Bash the mob, Rejuvenate, then Recover, Heal, then Rejuvenate again. This builds up a huge amount of aggro so it will be some time before it leaves you alone.
*omg I just noticed the new tag @.@

Last edited by Ivramire; 01-30-2008 at 02:12 PM..
Old 01-30-2008, 02:50 PM   #4
NotMyWay
Dead Tree Soul

NotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to behold
Im level 41... actually the reason why I found rejuvenate useless when soloing was because i have 1170 hp when i use t1 vitality scroll, and 1580 if another player uses endure on me... since my hp isnt that high compared to the 1.2k hp that rejuvenate can heal, i would rather use heal when my hp is about half then use rejuvenate when my hp is like 10%, which would be too risky.

Of course it has its uses when in parties. The thing is, heal can heal more then half the hp gained by rejuvenate, and cools more then 3 times as fast. Both of them, when cooldown is fully empowered, reduce cool time by about 30%, thus increasing the amount of hp healed by about 30% (i think, but both increase by same %age), thus if I had to choose one over the other, heal is a better choice even though rejuvenate is accquired later.

But i just wanted to clarify if i would later regret spending my points on my lower leveled skills once i obtained higher leveled ones, or do all other higher leveled skills follow the example above whereby spending points in them would result in a lower "return" for your points? Besides, I am very tempted to max bash cooldown, but i wonder if its really that good since i added STR...

Last edited by NotMyWay; 01-30-2008 at 02:52 PM..
Old 01-31-2008, 09:43 PM   #5
axel006
Phino

In-Game Name: O_OInsomniac fighter;yayz cleric;hurrah archer;HappyMageFriend
Current Level: 19;36;26;22
Server: Teva
axel006 is on a distinguished road
well im a noob right now but when i lv up, i'll just use the skill points to cool down, less sp, and buff time. i not gonna upgrade strenght for bash or bleed/trip. clerics arent made for fighting.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:41 AM   #6
sylfin
Crab

Server: Bijou
sylfin is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by lvramire View Post
I've fully enpowered the cool-downs for Rejuvenate and the lvl.60 AoE heal Recover.

Enpowering Rejuvenate fully, brings its cooldown from 10 to 7 seconds and enpowering Recover fully brings it from 30 to 21. It depends on you really but I've found it to be somewhat useful. Rejuvenate may have a .8second cast time but that fits in nicely into the slot of time of Heal's fully enpowered 2.1cd. Heal then immediately cancel animation and cast Rejuvenate. Especially useful if someone other than the tank is being hit, heal the non-tank then rejuv the tanker.

In those cases when you get aggro it's usually because you're spam-healing in a hectic situation.Usually when I catch aggro, I try to keep it as it makes it a bit easier on the tank if we share the burden. I heal immediately,Bash the mob, Rejuvenate, then Recover, Heal, then Rejuvenate again. This builds up a huge amount of aggro so it will be some time before it leaves you alone.
*omg I just noticed the new tag @.@
Did you also put 5 points on sp consumption of heal?

Sylfin, lvl 3x Wizmage, Cypion
Old 02-20-2008, 02:25 PM   #7
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
yesh.

You'll be using heal the most in the game and without it, @ lvl 64 is around 130ish SP(has to check)
Old 02-20-2008, 06:20 PM   #8
sylfin
Crab

Server: Bijou
sylfin is on a distinguished road
Could you (or others) maybe give an overview of the distribution of your skill points. I'm now almost lvl 29 and I'm wondering how to best distribute my skill points from now on.

Sylfin, lvl 3x Wizmage, Cypion
Old 02-20-2008, 06:49 PM   #9
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

@ lvl 64

Heal:-
5 points Sp consumption
5 points cool-down

Bash:-
5 points Power
1 point SP consumption

Rejuvenate:-
5 points cool-down
some points in SP consumption

Recover:-
5 points cool-down

Heal is the cleric's Magic Missile, you'll be using it as long as you play a cleric; so better to make it the best it can be. Invincible duration was somewhat useful in 20s and maybe 30s but later on, your shield will be out-damaged instead of running out, making duration enpower less useful. This is all off the top of my head, may have left a few points out; I like my skill build the way it is now, I can shotgun-heal, healing a massive amount in a short time, but really it depends on the partys you get and how you heal, whether you solo or not and your build.

Last edited by Ivramire; 02-20-2008 at 06:53 PM..
Old 02-20-2008, 10:56 PM   #10
NotMyWay
Dead Tree Soul

My current skill point distribution

Heal:
+5 cooldown
+1 SP consumption

Bash:
+5 Power

Invincible:
+1 Duration

Im also unsure of skill point distribution because im not sure if new skills are going to be released, but 5 points to heal cooldown seems quite common... (but then again i have 11 skill points that im still deciding what to do with)
Closed Thread