Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 10:49 PM   #1
Envy
Imp

Envy is an unknown quantity at this point
Suggestion--

While the game is still in Closed Beta, I think it would be neat to fully re-skin all the textures, since they are available to us.

It would be neat to see a skin mod for this game. All you need is Photoshop and the appropriate plugins, or the DirectX August 2007 SDK (not for .nif, only .dds).
Old 08-10-2007, 11:03 PM   #2
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Tournaments Won: 5

In-Game Name: Dynamics
Current Level: OVER NINE THOUSANDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
Server: under your bed
Dynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to all
Sorry if the barrage of questions offend you, but what exactly are you referring to? You're talking about the game right? If so, why would you want to skin Fiesta? It'd be something different for sure, but what kind of skin did you have in mind? Seems like an out there idea to me, though I'm not against it at all. But is it legal?
Old 08-10-2007, 11:47 PM   #3
SleepyKlown
Mushroom

SleepyKlown is on a distinguished road
Sounds good to me^^ I have made plenty of skins for RO when I played it so I will try one for this.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:59 AM   #4
spider
Speedy Slime

spider is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to spider Send a message via MSN to spider Send a message via Yahoo to spider
Originally Posted by Dynamics View Post
Sorry if the barrage of questions offend you, but what exactly are you referring to? You're talking about the game right? If so, why would you want to skin Fiesta? It'd be something different for sure, but what kind of skin did you have in mind? Seems like an out there idea to me, though I'm not against it at all. But is it legal?
He is referring to the game, and asking why skin it is like asking why skin WinAmp. It's totally legal, I'm sure. It's not like you're hacking or anything. Just editting image files on your computer to show up a certain way on your computer only.
Old 08-11-2007, 01:31 AM   #5
SleepyKlown
Mushroom

SleepyKlown is on a distinguished road
I started messing around with it and shaded some red^^
Click here^^
Old 08-11-2007, 05:57 AM   #6
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Tournaments Won: 5

In-Game Name: Dynamics
Current Level: OVER NINE THOUSANDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
Server: under your bed
Dynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to all
That's nifty SleepyKlown.

@Spider

The confusion about the skinning came about when he began speaking of mods, in which my mind instantly thought of a counterstrike mod or something else you'd see in FPS games. I know it's an MMO, but that's just where my mind blinked to, I imagined my archer for a split second walking around with an AK-47 or something. I also forgot that client side changes could be made legally. Thanks for clearing it all up.

@OP

How far can you go with the texture mods?
Old 08-11-2007, 12:25 PM   #7
OdioOmnus
Bored Imp

In-Game Name: Aigis, BeelzeBuddy
Current Level: x, x (OBWIPE HUZZAH)
OdioOmnus is on a distinguished road
Actually, depending on the license agreement, modifying the game's files in this way is most likely illegal. There was this exact same issue when the FlyFF Resource Manager was released; even though the modifications were entirely client-side and had no consequences for others, altering the game files was illegal so a patch disabled the ability to skip the patcher, which replaced modified files.

I HAS AN BLOG
Old 08-11-2007, 12:35 PM   #8
tehfusion
Mara Pirates

In-Game Name: Ramesiel
Current Level: 55
Server: Teva
tehfusion is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to tehfusion Send a message via AIM to tehfusion Send a message via MSN to tehfusion Send a message via Yahoo to tehfusion Send a message via Skype™ to tehfusion
Originally Posted by OdioOmnus View Post
There was this exact same issue when the FlyFF Resource Manager was released; even though the modifications were entirely client-side and had no consequences for others, altering the game files was illegal so a patch disabled the ability to skip the patcher, which replaced modified files.
Actually, it was more likely because of the huge exploit available by modifying game files, as the Flyff developers didn't make the game secure enough.
Old 08-11-2007, 03:30 PM   #9
Destrus
Lizard Knight

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: Fyoran
Current Level: 3x
Server: teva
Destrus has a spectacular aura aboutDestrus has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by OdioOmnus View Post
Actually, depending on the license agreement, modifying the game's files in this way is most likely illegal. There was this exact same issue when the FlyFF Resource Manager was released; even though the modifications were entirely client-side and had no consequences for others, altering the game files was illegal so a patch disabled the ability to skip the patcher, which replaced modified files.
the patch made doesn't allow for editted resource files. there was a way to use the resource manager to allow buff stacking. somebody then editted the files and gave them out to all the little noobs thus causing a problem. unlike before with termination etc. they actually had to fix something instead of just throwing anotehr gg patch on and i can still skip the patcher o_O.

"Broken moves are also vampiric in nature"
Old 08-12-2007, 03:22 AM   #10
4swordlink
Sharp Boar

In-Game Name: 4swordlink
Current Level: 33
4swordlink is on a distinguished road
oh thats really cool
Closed Thread