Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 06:01 PM   #1
weavers
Mushroom

weavers is on a distinguished road
INT vs. SPR +math

my mage went full SPR for crits and sp. after cb closed i've been thinking if i should of gone int. i mean at lvl 30 i was criting ~10% of the time with weap, neck(1%) and +spr. and i was doing about 55-60dam with magic missle 1 agaist ice vivi and ~80 agaist bats in the tomb. to solo here i always had to use atleast 1 hp pot.

now if i put +30 into intel my damage vs. bats should of been ~116. considering i put +5 into to spell reduction my dps would of increased a good bit. say if i casted 10 magic missiles with +30int i would do 1160dam. if i was full spr and crit'ed once i would of done 880damage. granted spr full sprt is chance and i could of had 5 crtis in a roll, but more often then not it would of been ~1 in 10.

did anyone go full intell and remember what their damage was around lvl 30 to ice vivi or bats? to confirm my math? now that i'm rethinking things and if they keep int bonus the same it might be better to do a 1:1 ratio of spr to int or 2:1. that or just go full spr and use +int items.

i know spr gives more bang for the buck but once my mage got life tap power wasn't an issue in groups. i most spamed lvl 1 magic missle and fire bolt.(i test lighting and ice bolt and the power ussage and damage increase wasn't very much so i used lvl 1). also would +5damage be worth it for magic missle 1? i only use cool down on it, now i'm thinking of using -CD on firebolt
Old 08-25-2007, 07:07 PM   #2
+Tequila+
Blue Clover Trumpy

In-Game Name: Braver
Current Level: 126
Server: Wildlands(PvP)
+Tequila+ will become famous soon enough+Tequila+ will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to +Tequila+ Send a message via MSN to +Tequila+
I only see two problems with this : LifeTap = Bad an -cd really is'nt worth it Fireriot has mage guide either here or on the wiki may want to take a look at it.

Jade Dynasty:Braver:13X:Balo
-Heaven Alliance Captain:Stardust Marshall-
Old 08-25-2007, 08:46 PM   #3
Kyite
Imp

In-Game Name: Kyite
Current Level: OVER NINE THOUSANDDDD?!!!
Kyite is on a distinguished road
The GMS really need to kinda re-look mages... they have some SERIOUS bugs.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:38 AM   #4
weavers
Mushroom

weavers is on a distinguished road
i don't think lifetap is really all that bad. almost all clerics put five points into reduce spell cost for heal. and if i'm duoing or in a KQ they often heal me after i use it. its a pot saver for me and a time saver(less time in my mushroom house).

i read the guild for mages. i thought it was very well written, i just wish it had emphized the use the magic missle one, or maybe i missed it first read. for me putting 5 points into reduce cast time on magic missle 1 is worth it. its the only spell you can spam. also say you have 10sec and each magic missle hits for 100dam. in those 10 you can cast that 1.8 spell only 5 times so 500damage. however with a 1.3sec magic missle you can spam it 7 times doing 700damage. those extra two cast are worth it for the dps increase. in addition, it makes it look like its instant cast and instead of mashing the button 5 times before i can cast it i mash it 2 or 3 times.

personaly i'm not a fan of kiting every single mob. if i need to kite 10 tough mobs for a quest i'll do it, but i rather pull with ice bolt, firebolt then spam magic missles in the mobs face.

i know int was buged for some people in CB, but i'm wanted to hear some full int mages experinces.
Old 08-26-2007, 07:32 AM   #5
Valen
Fire Mushroom

Valen is on a distinguished road
From what I can see, INT is about as bugged as STR is.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:02 AM   #6
+Tequila+
Blue Clover Trumpy

In-Game Name: Braver
Current Level: 126
Server: Wildlands(PvP)
+Tequila+ will become famous soon enough+Tequila+ will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to +Tequila+ Send a message via MSN to +Tequila+
hrmm im pretty sure Fire emphazied the use of magic missle in one or more threads i remember postin it somewhere on FF myself as well. But life tap is bad...and it causes serious trouble in tight spots or later on ingame with higher lvl mobs.

Jade Dynasty:Braver:13X:Balo
-Heaven Alliance Captain:Stardust Marshall-
Old 08-26-2007, 12:15 PM   #7
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Well hopefully the bugs have been fixed for OB >_< Whats the point in having them if they don't work or benefit us in any way.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:42 AM   #8
Meteo
Mini Pinky

In-Game Name: Meteo
Current Level: dis hat maid of yellow kek~
Meteo will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by weavers View Post
i don't think lifetap is really all that bad. almost all clerics put five points into reduce spell cost for heal. and if i'm duoing or in a KQ they often heal me after i use it. its a pot saver for me and a time saver(less time in my mushroom house).
I agree with you, Lifetap is not a bad spell, but of course there are situations where it's not appropriate. I spent 80% of my time in game playing with a cleric, and it was useful, anytime we were going for fast mob takedowns, between fights. If she was tanking higher level mobs, me using the spell would mean we would only rest if she needed to, and she didn't mind it. There's not a spell to give someone back their SP, so we made use of it.

Originally Posted by +Tequila+ View Post
hrmm im pretty sure Fire emphazied the use of magic missle in one or more threads i remember postin it somewhere on FF myself as well. But life tap is bad...and it causes serious trouble in tight spots or later on ingame with higher lvl mobs.
But i do remember talking to Luna about it. She didnt like the spell either.

The spell is just a resource, i'd say use it when it makes sense to. Not in the middle of a fight because it can put you in some tough spots. But I really can think of some times when it was useful.
Closed Thread