Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 02:38 AM   #1
globogim
Slime

globogim is on a distinguished road
Build Help (sorry I know there are a lot of these)

Hi, I am new to the game but definitely not new to MMOs and I was wondering what build I should use on my fighter. I will probably be using 1-Handed Swords and I was thinking about either 25 Spr, Full End or 1:1 Str,End and I would like your opinion on this. I enjoy partying and from what I hear I would probably like KQ, but I also like to solo some time. If anyone could provide a good build and maybe even what skills to buy and enhance that would be great.

Thank you for any help

Old 12-12-2007, 06:47 AM   #2
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
If you like partying then it would be in your best interest to go with full END. Your party will love you for it and clerics will appreciate that build. This is also the best with One-Handed users because you have the shield that will block the attacks. Block rate also increases with the amount of END you put in.

Now, if you want to go for the 25 SPR first keep in mind that although you'll be able to spam more skills the M.Def won't help too much as it is miniscule compared to the damage you will receive from higher monsters, nonetheless it's not a complete waste. Also you will be "weaker" compared to other full END tanks.

For skills I've heard that it is best to save points until you have Mock and Devastate. Don't quote me on this but the recommended skill point allocation is Cool Down on Devastate and Mock. Possibly duration on Devastate (I think this was the stun skill as well).

Though you can solo perfectly fine with a full END build it'll take longer as your damage isn't as great as Two-Handed or Axe users. You will be better off to have at least a cleric friend with you.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:47 PM   #3
AngellicDiety
Marlone

In-Game Name: AngellicDiety
Current Level: 1 divided by zero
Server: Teva
AngellicDiety will become famous soon enoughAngellicDiety will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Loveless View Post
If you like partying then it would be in your best interest to go with full END. Your party will love you for it and clerics will appreciate that build. This is also the best with One-Handed users because you have the shield that will block the attacks. Block rate also increases with the amount of END you put in.

Now, if you want to go for the 25 SPR first keep in mind that although you'll be able to spam more skills the M.Def won't help too much as it is miniscule compared to the damage you will receive from higher monsters, nonetheless it's not a complete waste. Also you will be "weaker" compared to other full END tanks.

For skills I've heard that it is best to save points until you have Mock and Devastate. Don't quote me on this but the recommended skill point allocation is Cool Down on Devastate and Mock. Possibly duration on Devastate (I think this was the stun skill as well).

Though you can solo perfectly fine with a full END build it'll take longer as your damage isn't as great as Two-Handed or Axe users. You will be better off to have at least a cleric friend with you.
In my opinion full end doesn't help you much.

A hybrid build or custom build of some sort reaps better benefits.

I myself am 1:2:1 STR:END:SPR

I have sufficient hp and defense to tank.

One benefit to my build is the added SPR gives me some extra critical percentage.

I recommend building a fighter which can utilize a sword and an axe.

If you go full end, you'll soon realize that you dont nearly gain experience points as fast as an axe user, or two handed sword user. You'll soon realize that an axe user can solo orcs beginning at 43-45 (depending on their build) without using hp or sp stones, but using a power scroll. While a 1-handed full-end user due to his low damage per shot will use at least 1 hp stone.

Furthermore, pure-end fighters dont survive as long in guild wars as hybrid fighters with axes or 2-handed swords.

Pure-Endurance is nice in parties, aside from that, a pure-end fighter is practically useless. Why? Well when you get to the point where many people have +9 weapons, monsters wont even pay attention to you because your not dealing enough damage with your 1-hander (at +9 aswell).

Last edited by AngellicDiety; 12-12-2007 at 06:51 PM..
Old 12-12-2007, 11:04 PM   #4
globogim
Slime

globogim is on a distinguished road
Sounds about right, judging on what has been said, 25 SPR, Full END sounds fine, and I know that AngellicDiety reccomended a hybrid build and I believe that this build is decent. The extra SPR should help with critical, and im only gonna put it to 25 because of the decline in crit % added. I dont really know if strength is really worth the points because apparently it doesnt help that much and using endure for the rest sounds fine.

Another idea is to use an axe for training and 1h for KQ. Im not quite fluent in the game yet so if anyone could confirm that for me that would be great. Also would a 25 Spr, Full End build work with an axe?

Old 12-15-2007, 09:40 AM   #5
Zotius
Spade Guard Trumpy

Tournaments Won: 1

Zotius is on a distinguished road
The only bonuses which don't lose their effectiveness during the higher levels are Crit and Block Rates. The rest will become more and more useless.
Old 12-24-2007, 08:18 PM   #6
Ulrike
Senior Torturer

In-Game Name: Ulrike
Current Level: 6x
Server: Bijou
Ulrike will become famous soon enoughUlrike will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Ulrike
just to clarify, the 25 SPR build implies putting 25 of your earned points into SPR, not putting points in SPR until the sum is 25 right?

For example my SPR is currently 28 (+13)... am I on the right track?

:: reflection ::

set by loveless
Old 12-24-2007, 08:47 PM   #7
jacquin
Bored Imp

jacquin is on a distinguished road
That's right. 25 SPR = ** (+25)
Old 01-12-2008, 08:27 PM   #8
Sheya
Site Supporter

In-Game Name: Sheya
Current Level: 79
Sheya is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by AngellicDiety View Post
Pure-Endurance is nice in parties, aside from that, a pure-end fighter is practically useless. Why? Well when you get to the point where many people have +9 weapons, monsters wont even pay attention to you because your not dealing enough damage with your 1-hander (at +9 aswell).
Umm not true.... I hold aggro perfectly fine.

Sheya - Warrior Princess Lvl 8x Proud Member of TheMilky
Eleien - Lady Archer Lvl 4x Member of Peanut_Butter
Windycaster - Sexy mage Lvl6x Member of TheMilky
Ledian - Celestial Cleric Lvl 4x GM of Reign of Chaos
Teva Server
Sheya - Warrior Princess Lvl 3x
Epith Server
Old 01-13-2008, 11:59 AM   #9
-Leona-
Speedy Boogy

In-Game Name: StarLeona
Current Level: Capped
-Leona- will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to -Leona-
Quote:
100% agree with u Sheya , and if your mock is enhanced WHICH as a FULL END should be u will be able to hold aggro so WELL that mages will beg for a moment of attention from MOBS
Old 01-13-2008, 01:51 PM   #10
AngellicDiety
Marlone

In-Game Name: AngellicDiety
Current Level: 1 divided by zero
AngellicDiety will become famous soon enoughAngellicDiety will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Sheya View Post
Even with an enhanced mock, its nearly impossible to keep aggrivation with a mage casting Inferno, Ice Nova, and instant recast.

This is more evident in the KQ's (spider) when despite mocks from more than one fighter - I should point out - the majority of mobs still seek after the mage. Lucmoira while she was still in the 67 - 70 range is proof enough. Despite Gateguardians multiple mocks in the King Quest as well as mocks comming from burningzero, koran, wolfgang, myself and miscellaneous fighters - she still had a mob after her.

At some point despite mock and the ability to keep aggrivation - the individual dealing the most damage is sought after.

Once the damage inflicted by an individual reaches a certain percentile of the monsters total health - mock or no mock, that individual will recieve monster aggrivation.

This is not clearly evident in grinding outside of the KQ as most of the time the monsters are stunned.

But if you have no level 60 mages and you AOE trumpies for instance, and have each mage attack a different target, there is no way to keep aggrivation unless you deal a significant amount of damage.

Last edited by AngellicDiety; 01-13-2008 at 01:53 PM..
Closed Thread