Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 09-09-2009, 12:29 PM   #1
Lirange
Bad Kid

Ralath!

Want to join a LoL tourny? xD
Old 09-09-2009, 10:11 PM   #2
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
o-o

um... maybe? What's the time commmitment?

And do you have a link for it?

Ralath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 02:02 AM   #3
Lirange
Bad Kid

Quote:
o, hai there.

The Emissaries are organizing the first 'Saturday Night Scrim' open to the general public, on Saturday, September 12th, 2009. The scrims will be at 6:00pm and 7:30pm pst (a.k.a. Riot Time).

The purpose of these scrims is twofold: 1) Fun, and 2) Feedback.
These scrims are meant for the enjoyment of the community, but also to provide meaningful feedback and statistics.

Teams: A team must have a minimum of 5 players, one of which must be designated as Captain. All communication will go through team captains. It is strongly recommended that team have at least 1 alternate. Teams may have a maximum of 8 members. A player may only be a member of one team. You may change your team roster up until just before the tournament starts by editing your roster in this thread.

Each group of four teams will be put into a pod. There will be two matches within each pod, making one "0-2" team, two "1-1" teams, and one undefeated "2-0" team for each pod. The 2-0 teams "win" their pods.

SIGNUPS, SCHEDULE & PAIRINGS:

Reply to this thread listing your:
1) team name, 2) team captain, 3) team members, 4) subs (if any).

Signups end on the evening of Friday, September 11th.
Everyone plays at 6pm and 7:30pm PST Riot Time (though you can contact your opponent to reschedule to an EARLIER time).
I will post what pod your team is in on Saturday morning or Friday night.
You may play vs your opponent team EARLIER than the scheduled time (upon agreement), but you may not reschedule for a later time.

JUNIOR VARSITY PODS:

There will be a "JV pod". If you want to scrim vs other teams, but you don't think your team is ready to play vs the BigMcLarge, Classick, and eXes's of the world, then please request to be put in the "JV pod". The JV pod will have slightly-less competitive participants.
If I don't get 4 teams for the JV pod, then I will simply the remaining JV teams in regular pods.

RULES:
Duplicate Draft in a 1-2-2-2-2-1 format (the same champion can be on both teams)
1 champion ban per team.
No limit on summoner spells (each team may have 5 promotes and 5 rallies if they want).
Champion picks and Summoner Spells are picked at the same time. E.g.: Zilean with Clairvoyance and Teleport.
Teams must announce which of its 5 players it is using before the bans and draft.
The game should start immediately after the draft without a break to change Runes and Masteries.
A team does not have to restart the game because an opponent disconnected. If a player drops they may use the reconnect function to rejoin the game. Upon unanimous agreement, the game may be restarted because of a disconnect.

No abusing glitches. How do you define glitches, you ask? I'll know them when I see them. One example, illustrative but not exhaustive, is taking down Baron Nashor solo with Tristana from the brush, taking no damage (abusing the fact that it can't see you in the brush and so can't attack you). There are ways to take down Baron solo with several champions that involve staying either at a range where he can't attack you, or staying in the brush. All of these are exploits/glitches and are not allowed.

PRIZES:

The prize for winning your pod = Fame & Glory. Nothing physical or monetary.
I will post the winners of each pod on the forums. You may use that thread to bask in your teams' glory and talk about how awesome you are.

POST-SCRIM FEEDBACK SESSION + STATISTICS (IMPORTANT):

One of the main purposes of these scrims is to attain valuable feedback for Riot.
So, you must keep some STATISTICS from each of your matches.

After the scrims, I will create a feedback thread titled "Saturday Night Scrim Feedback Thread" where I want every team captain to please respond (non-captains may post their thoughts as well). In his response, we'd love to know the answers to the following questions:

1) What champion each team banned and why.
2) How long each game lasted. How did you feel about the game lengths?
3) What champions did you pick and why.
4) What did you -expect- to be overpowered in the scrims?
5) Did it turn out to be as overpowered as you expected?
6) Did you notice anything that was unexpectedly powerful?
7) Was anything particularly fun about the matches?
8) Was anything particularly NOT fun about the matches?
9) Any suggestions for next weeks' scrims?
10) What did you think about choosing summoner spells at the exact same time as champions?
11) [reserved for suggestions of questions from Riot Games or other Emissaries].

p.s. we will be doing these scrims either every week, or every other week. Next time we do scrims, we will test exclusive draft mode to see how people like it.

*all rules subject to change at my sole, arbitrary, capricious, and cruel discretion.
Link
If its me and you, thats two people. And you have a friend that plays it too right? That can be three. But then we would still need 2 more.
I sent destrus an invite, but he hasn't accepted yet. I don't have anyone on my buddy list besides you... We can always just get a random, but i'd rather not. And get someone at least I or you know.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:09 AM   #4
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
I actually got 4 friend requests in one night because we dominated like 3 games in a row... o-o...;; Two of them are on vent and they play Veigar and ...Metal guy... ._.||

But... lulz. JV pod.

Idk yet. Oh. I'm actually pretty busy this Saturday but I don't know if I'll be busy at 6pm.

Old 09-10-2009, 02:16 AM   #5
Lirange
Bad Kid

Don't forget timezones.
I live in central so that's 8pm for me.

Oh, so if you can, would we be able to get them to form a team with us?
Old 09-11-2009, 12:31 PM   #6
Lirange
Bad Kid

ralathhh
Old 09-11-2009, 08:18 PM   #7
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

????

um.... *o*

sure?

Old 09-11-2009, 08:19 PM   #8
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Lab on Saturday?
Triumph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:21 PM   #9
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

No. OMggg.. Lab on Saturday.... *dies*

Last night, it was so hilarious. I was playing a match and a person on the opposite team left and we were beating them pretty badly. So around 15 minutes, they surrendered. And then about 10 seconds before they surrendered, the other guy logged back on... lulz

Old 09-12-2009, 03:16 PM   #10
Lirange
Bad Kid

^LOL!

and uhhm... if we can get a team in a few hours, we should sign up. But I don't think we can -_- Though, we can always do it next saturday. More time to prepare