Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 12-11-2007, 11:17 PM   #11
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute

yeah i would've bought it if i didnt hear about it from Yosei's other thread like a day before that...

i've always wondered why it says lvl requirement is 30.... but i never thought that it was a scam...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Hessah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 12:15 AM   #12
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Server: Teva
Spirit has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by hyperswoss View Post
@rsx-s: "hacked the system"? Where'd you hear that?
It really bugs me when people call EVERYONE who mods/add fixes to a game a "hacker".

Replacing the hair color files with Shine Online ones =/= "hacking the server".
Ummm... you (or whoever) are altering the game from how the company that controls the game wants it to be, therefore this is against the ToS, and the basic generic term for that is "hacker".

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 12:47 AM   #13
Hyper
Sucked back into the 'net

In-Game Name: An occupation
Current Level: 8 hours a day
Server: 4reL-lyfe
Hyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these parts
Yeah, I know its not allowed, and the only thing I ever changed was to add Ghostly's quest fix, but I deleted that. (It should be used by all, since the devs are too damn lazy to fix the most wanted quest bugs.) So I would be a hacker then? Hacker is way too strong of a word, and IMO, it gives way too much credit to people who copy and paste a file into the /Fiesta folder. (I don't aspire to be a hacker, or whatever is might be read out as... >.<)

It also isn't using any 3rd party software, which is what hacking is.
Originally Posted by Destrus View Post
i'm so glad they're not like gala with flyff where they don't take any action with scams and just say it was your fault for not paying attention.
lmao

That's exactly what I said on the Outspark forum.

Its your (talking about people who buy, then complain) fault for being a big enough idiot to buy a Vitality 2 Production Skill that is:

A. Incorrectly named.

2. Has a level requirement.

and

IIV. Doesn't have a "Required Scroll Production: xxxx".

Last edited by Hyper; 12-12-2007 at 01:00 AM..
Hyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 11:54 AM   #14
FatalLace
Kebing

In-Game Name: FatalLace/WinterLace/Faytal
Current Level: Enchanter [89] / Warrior [70] / Scout [80]
Server: Bijoffline
FatalLace is on a distinguished road
here's one on Bijou server 12/12/2007 4:50am PST

FatalLace - 89 Enchanter
Faytal - 80 Scout
WinterLace - 70 Warrior
FatylLace - 60 Paladin

Calling Bijou "Home" since 11/07
FatalLace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 01:31 PM   #15
Patches
think before you type

In-Game Name: Patches
Current Level: 90 Warrior
Patches is a splendid one to beholdPatches is a splendid one to beholdPatches is a splendid one to beholdPatches is a splendid one to beholdPatches is a splendid one to beholdPatches is a splendid one to beholdPatches is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by hyperswoss View Post
Yeah, I know its not allowed, and the only thing I ever changed was to add Ghostly's quest fix, but I deleted that. (It should be used by all, since the devs are too damn lazy to fix the most wanted quest bugs.) So I would be a hacker then? Hacker is way too strong of a word, and IMO, it gives way too much credit to people who copy and paste a file into the /Fiesta folder. (I don't aspire to be a hacker, or whatever is might be read out as... >.<)

It also isn't using any 3rd party software, which is what hacking is.
Hacking does not mean using 3rd party software(A true hacker would be pissed about that comment), but if that were true you would in fact be a hacker (which you claim not to be) because you used Ghostly's "patch" which to you would be a 3rd party software correct, because neither you nor outspark created it, hence the term 3rd party. I could care less whether you are or are not or what you do. Don't take things so personal. Nobody was calling you out here.

@ Spirit,
Thanks

On Topic: I hate those scammers that put one price on all the items except one will have 1 silver more than the rest. Have to watch for them all the time.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:37 PM   #16
Spirit
complete once again

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Ohhh- but I dont think he actually "used" Ghostly's patch. I think he started too, but after reading more in here, he decided not too.
But, yes, all-in-all if you alter a copy in any way, even if it is to "copy/paste" a folder, it is still altering the game.

"Hacker has several common meanings, the unifying characteristic of which is only that it refers to a person who is an avid computer enthusiast. It is most commonly used as a pejorative by the mass media to refer to a person who engages in illegal computer trespass remotely via some sort of communications network (i.e. the Internet, a LAN or a dial-up network), its original meaning referred to an unauthorized user of the telephone company network (now called a Phreaker) but it can also refer to people engaged in ethical computer hacking (i.e. debugging or improving software functionality), to the members of the open source and free software community, or to home computer hobbyists."

It is a more commonly used phrase than what it started out as and has new meanings also.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky

Last edited by Spirit; 12-12-2007 at 05:45 PM..
Old 12-12-2007, 05:43 PM   #17
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
I still say both parties are guilty. The seller is a jerk for doing that, and the buyer is dumb for not looking carefully before buying.
Yosei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 02:48 PM   #18
Spirit
complete once again

Hey, I gots a question. So, I spotted this person advertising to buy Beast Dogtooth at 23c, but when you looked at the price they were only paying 1c. So, I gots some screenshots, but was wondering where I report it at???? Can we attach a link to the announcement so people can just click ob the link and report scams?

Old 12-18-2007, 03:30 PM   #19
jacquin
Bored Imp

jacquin is on a distinguished road
I was of the belief that reports are PMed to the GMs in the fiesta forums. It's where I sent mine (though first I had to fix it since the GM couldn't see the image).
jacquin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 03:35 PM   #20
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
Hey, I gots a question. So, I spotted this person advertising to buy Beast Dogtooth at 23c, but when you looked at the price they were only paying 1c. So, I gots some screenshots, but was wondering where I report it at???? Can we attach a link to the announcement so people can just click ob the link and report scams?
Hm... thats unique, but yeah, I guess it is a scam, they were buying less than they said.
Yosei is offline   Reply With Quote