Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 06:59 PM   #1
Osiris
Phinofly

Mario Kart Xtreme Champion!Tournaments Won: 5

In-Game Name: 0siris
Current Level: 7x
Server: [Bijou]
Osiris is on a distinguished road
DarkFall Online - Open Beta Sign-up Began

Personally I have been following this game for awhile waiting for when it was gonna come out. The open beta sign-up has just started so not exactly sure how long everyone is going to have to wait till it starts. Unfortunately they decided not everyone will be able to play they beta They are picking a bunch of people 'randomly' and they will be the ones to test it. This MMORPG is quite a bit different than any other ones. It does not incorporate any levels and is completely dependant on the mastery of skills. It also is a FULL LOOT PvP game so you can take EVERYTHING from anyone you kill. Also on that note you can kill anyone at anytime from what I've heard. Doesn't matter where you are. I would recommend at least checking out this game on the site http://www.darkfallonline.com and if you want also sign up for the open beta

Bijou
Paladin lvl 7x - 0siris
Old 09-11-2008, 07:04 PM   #2
koager
Prisoner

In-Game Name: Krashaken
Current Level: Squishy Kitty wizMage
Server: Epith
koager is on a distinguished road
I can see high leveled people going around killing little newbies around towns "just for fun"
happened to me when I started playing Rappelz

Old 09-11-2008, 08:18 PM   #3
Osiris
Phinofly

Well like I said there are no 'high level people'. The game is based purely on a skill. So yes there will be people with a lot of good armor and pretty beastly. But they aren't like lvl 80 compared to a lvl 10 character. The difference is in this game the NPCs will attack/kill anyone thats trying to kill people in a town or anyone trying to enter a town that is not wanted. So for once the NPCs have a job to take down some of the bad guys.

Bijou
Paladin lvl 7x - 0siris
Old 09-11-2008, 11:59 PM   #4
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
Unless there's an easy way to get stuff, I see a lot of people quitting the first time they're killed and everything taken =/
Old 09-12-2008, 02:49 PM   #5
Osiris
Phinofly

Well I would think that they would put it in their storage...and apparently when starting out you start with your own 'class' of character in a remote town. So everyone is practically the same at the moment and shouldn't be a real need to try and kill anyone else since your not going to get anything new. Just like its worthless for the higher skilled characters to kill really low level because its pretty much worthless unless you really want to become an 'evil' character(You can become and evil character by killing a lot of people without be provoked. Eventually none of the NPCs will trust you so you can't acquire quests or trade with them)

Bijou
Paladin lvl 7x - 0siris
Old 09-12-2008, 02:51 PM   #6
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: lnfamous
Current Level: 6x
Server: Teva
MikeyG has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to MikeyG
I see a fail. Little kids will have a temper tantrum if they
lose all there stuff, break their keyboard and quit.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:05 PM   #7
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
Well, the idea of it itself is good but anyone who gets in and makes any sort of porgress in the game plays in perpetual fear of losing everything on them at the time. Only way to not lose the good stuff is not to use it, but what would be the point of that?

Quick question, can you be ganked or teamed on? A bunch of people could just go around taking everything.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:26 PM   #8
Osiris
Phinofly

Haha yeaaahhh thats true. I'm curious how the whole thing is going to play out. It's meant so that you aren't really suppose to run into a lot of people. Its suppose to take approximately 9 hours for someone to run from one side of the world to the other.

They were planning on having somewhere around 10,000 people from what I've heard test it. But yeah you can gang up on people if you wish. Thats suppose to be another part of the game where 'the evil people' will gather together to destroy towns and take everything from everyone.

But it's suppose to be set up so that you can't walk through people btw too and actually push them like an object if you run into them. And there is friendly fire so that could be problematic for some types of characters. I think they set it up like this so that you can actually have huge battles where the hand-to-hand combat characters hold back enemy characters keeping them from getting through while the long-range characters spawn spells and arrows over their heads to the enemies

Bijou
Paladin lvl 7x - 0siris

Last edited by Osiris; 09-12-2008 at 08:36 PM..
Closed Thread