Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 12:18 AM   #1
Leesa
lk;sfdb

In-Game Name: Quit
Current Level: Quit
Server: Quit
Leesa is a jewel in the roughLeesa is a jewel in the roughLeesa is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Leesa
Computer keeps crashing ><

This has been happening for a few days. I get on but after like 15 min of being on fiesta (and being on char hide mode and doing nothing) my laptop crashes from over heating. This happens a little more now on other programs, but it happens on Fiesta the most Anyone know a way to fix this? Thanks
Old 11-09-2008, 01:20 AM   #2
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Tournaments Won: 5

In-Game Name: Dynamics
Current Level: OVER NINE THOUSANDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
Server: under your bed
Dynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to all
If your laptops overheating you can invest in external cooling units, or clean the dust inside the laptop. The inside of my laptop needs to be cleaned on a yearly basis, or else it suffers similar symptoms as yours. The amount of dust that accumulates inside there is amazing.
Old 11-09-2008, 01:22 AM   #3
Leesa
lk;sfdb

Leesa is a jewel in the roughLeesa is a jewel in the roughLeesa is a jewel in the rough
Clean the dust inside the laptop? o.O As in open up the laptop and clean it out? XD
Old 11-09-2008, 01:27 AM   #4
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Dynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to all
Yep. Your laptops heatsinks and fans are probably covered in dust. It's one of the biggest reasons for any laptop overheating.

If you're not comfortable with that either buy a laptop cooler, or raise your laptop from the surface a little. Just enough so it has room to "breathe."

Last edited by Dynamics; 11-09-2008 at 01:29 AM..
Old 11-09-2008, 02:02 AM   #5
Leesa
lk;sfdb

I see. I did a lil' bit of research, and saw that you can take it some place to be cleaned. You have any idea how much that would cost?
Old 11-09-2008, 02:56 AM   #6
DarkPysics
Older King Coll

In-Game Name: Dark_Knights XXTheDarknessxX Xx_Acid_Burn_xX Haxl33twtfBBWFTW
Current Level: 50,16,13,2
Server: Teva
DarkPysics has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to DarkPysics
It might be your heater in your laptop so you might need a laptop cooler and some program to keep it good like Registry Mechanic And

http://darkpysics.wordpress.com/

Old 11-09-2008, 04:26 AM   #7
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Originally Posted by Leesa View Post
I see. I did a lil' bit of research, and saw that you can take it some place to be cleaned. You have any idea how much that would cost?
The place I go to charges 50 dollars. They keep it overnight. I think they keep an industrial strength vacuum beside the laptop, so they don't have to open it.

But just to make sure, when you do go to service your laptop tell 'em your problem so they check over software and hardware problems too. Maybe the graphics card burnt out, or your RAM/processing cache corrupted. It will cost a little more however.

Personally I'd do it. If you're going to get your laptop serviced, it's more cost effective to have them look over everything.
Old 11-09-2008, 04:35 AM   #8
Leesa
lk;sfdb

Okee, I'll do that. How am I gonna survive without my laptop for 1 night? o.o Gotta use sucky sucky desktop comp. >< This just shows how addicted I am XD
Old 11-09-2008, 07:28 AM   #9
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Haha okay, be sure to come back here to report results. That way it'll be easier to help people with similar problems.
Closed Thread