Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 08:47 PM   #1
Kinnetik_ishisu
Hero Slime

In-Game Name: Tremere
Current Level: lvl 31
Server: Apoline (huzahhh!)
Kinnetik_ishisu is on a distinguished road
The Van Helsing Clerics... Don't u just hate them?

I hold no long lost for the clerics cause I've had bad experiences with them ever since I began playing. I don't say that there aren't any good clerics, just that those are hard to find. What I've been able to find easily are what I've named the "Van Helsing Clerics".

You all know Van Helsing, right? Monster killer, left hand of God and all those things. Well, there are some clerics that wanna be heroes and turn into the left hand of God while others are dying in a party.

Ex. Last time, I was at Marlone's hideout trying for the hundred time to do the quest for the Dungeon Marlone. Well, since I am a mage, it was very hard to even get to the point where I could find him and come out alive. Luckily, I found a party: 1 fighter and 2 archers. Later, after we got there, comes this cleric and asks for pt. Long story short, we fought hard; we died several times, we spent countless scrolls and potions but we defeated Marlone. My complaint is that -instead of healing- the cleric was hitting with the tank! We wouldn't have died half as much as we did if the cleric had done his job. Even the fighter was pissed in the end cause he had spent tons of HP stones when normally one expects a cleric to heal as best as he or she can.

The same thing has happened to me over and over again but I can surely say that I've met a few clerics who are really effective in what they do, most of them in KQ.

My question to the heroes wannabe is the following: If you want to tank and hit, why didn't you make yourself a fighter instead of a cleric? I know, for instance, that a mage is not likely to tank but to launch range attacks, that's why I always lure the creatures in the parties I'm in. That's my job, do damage from distance. I hate the Van Helsing Clerics because they try to be all: fighters, healers and goddamn heroes of the day...

Sorry for the rant. A cleric has just screwed me up.

Last edited by Kinnetik_ishisu; 07-02-2009 at 03:59 AM..
Old 07-02-2009, 01:04 AM   #2
lalasparke
Little Hob

In-Game Name: lalasparke
Current Level: 34
Server: Teva
lalasparke is on a distinguished road
i totally agree with you spread the word of the evil clerics good point its so true ...GO MAKE URSELF A FIGHTER YOU EVIL CLERICS!

my first sigpic
Old 07-02-2009, 04:22 AM   #3
Kinnetik_ishisu
Hero Slime

In-Game Name: Tremere
Current Level: lvl 31
Server: Apoline (huzahhh!)
Kinnetik_ishisu is on a distinguished road
Finally, someone that agrees with me!

Death to the evil Clerics!
Old 07-02-2009, 04:59 AM   #4
Zwivix
AichtVeeGee4Life

Moebius Syndrome Champion!Tournaments Won: 7

In-Game Name: Zwivix|iThePirate|GardenWeasel
Current Level: 103.01| 67.10|50.24
Zwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to behold
Youll find clerics like that at the lower levels. Dont worry they dont last long, and all you can do is add the good clerics to your friend list.

● If I kill you, that means I'll be the one closest to you when you're on your deathbed●
● If anyone else kills you, I'll kill that person●

Disclaimer:150% guy I prefer the siggys with the hot babes for my own visual gratification!"

TEVA:
||Zwivix (Lv.103)[Ranger]||Holy_VanGuards||♥Nilathiel♥
||iThePirate(Lv.66)[Warrior]||VanGuards
||GardenWeasel(Lv.50)[WizMage]||VanGuards
Old 07-02-2009, 05:03 AM   #5
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Usually when I'm a cleric and someone in my party dies, I feel bad, unless they're horribly stupid, but even if it's not completely my fault, I feel bad that I couldnt save them...

Those bad clerics that hits insteads of heals, and have no sense of "Oops I should've kept my party alive"... I dun understand HOW they play as a cleric...

Like you said, they should've made themselves a tank...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 07-02-2009, 06:07 AM   #6
Jikanu
Lizardman

In-Game Name: Jikanu
Current Level: 46
Jikanu will become famous soon enoughJikanu will become famous soon enough
They should be allowed to Clank if they can keep everyone alive too. If one or two people die, it's understandable, as long as it's not a constant thing.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:22 AM   #7
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jikanu View Post
They should be allowed to Clank if they can keep everyone alive too. If one or two people die, it's understandable, as long as it's not a constant thing.
They problem is hey couldn't keep everyone alive...

If those people died coz they're too busy doing someone else's job then that's not OK....

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 07-02-2009, 10:04 PM   #8
Silent Wizard
Sand Mushroom

In-Game Name: Doylen, Slient_Wizard, Blue_Violet
Current Level: 110/110/110
Server: TEVA
Silent Wizard will become famous soon enough
For the most part a cleric in pt needs to accept a support role. No one will complain because the cleric is not killing stuff. Remember however that a clerics tactics (unlike the other classes) are quite a bit different solo.

That said, there are times in pt that a cleric can go on the attack. When duo with a high defense fighter or there is another supporting cleric for instance.

Accepting a support role is something a cleric pretty much has to do after lev 90 if they expect to level again.
Old 07-03-2009, 04:50 AM   #9
mattman1995
Mini Greenky

In-Game Name: ChEeZe_doodles
Current Level: 70
Server: Apoline
mattman1995 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to mattman1995
It's not a cleric's problem you can't keep yourself alive. Although this is what they are expected to do, it's there choice. Respect what they do, and if you're not happy what they're doing, keep it to yourself. Clerics are the only class to heal, but you know they could have made clerics as Buffing Warriors Etc... So don't expect everything to go 100% as planned.
Job - Warrior
Guild - Innocence

Closed Thread