Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 05:59 AM   #1
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Wth is with people who don't know what they want?

Ugh, some people in game make me rage when it comes to prices.

Case 1 - Raging as a Seller

I've been trying to sell my T2 HP pots lately, but haven't had any luck with vending.

Someone shouted they were buying T2 HP pots. I whispered them and told him I am selling them for 2s each. This was at the beginning when I started to vend them so I was still wary about my own price. The convo went something like this:

Him: 2s? No chance.
Me: How much are they worth then?
Him: I'm not sure but definitely not 2s.

WTH!? First he makes me sound like an idiot, and secondly he doesn't even know how much it's worth, YET he knows it's not 2s. Um. If I was selling them for 10s each then ok, I can see why he says that. But what other possible LOWER prices are there other than 2s?! 500 coppers? 1s? 1.5s? I'm pretty sure he knew I wasn't asking for an ACCURATE answer like 879 coppers or something. It's called approximation. Don't make it look like the price was bad when you have no idea yourself.

I've also had spoken to a few other idiots about my pots, and I did come to a point where I was thinking 2s was a really bad price or something, but today someone bought them all in one go so... HA. In yo faces, nubs.

Case 2 - Raging as a buyer

kk so I was looking for some 58 mage pants with high END. I shouted about buying those pants and someone whispered with a fairly decent pair. So in my mind, I didn't want to pay any more than 300s for a single piece of armour. So the convo went like this:

Me: how much?
Him: offa
Me: 200s? (kk I knew this was a bit edgy since it was a pair of decent pants but I could hope, right?)
Him: lol nty
Me: how much were you planning to sell them for?
Him: just give me your MAX offer and I'll just tell you yes or no
Me: 250s?

At this point I got really frustrated. I am NOT saying what I offered was the right price because I wasn't really sure, but give me a freaking NUMBER that we can work on! I'm not gonna keep increasing my price without knowing what YOU have in mind.

Raging, I asked two people and they said it could actually go for higher. So I went back to whisper the guy.

Me: Okie okie how about 300s? ><

At this point I was gonna say "why don't you just give me a price that we can work on?" when he said:

"someone just offered 700s".

>_>

Me: you should have just told me earlier >.>
Him: y?
Me: so we don't have to waste both yours and my time?
Him: someone just offered lol.

Kk, whether he was telling the truth or not, I don't care, and to me I think it's overpriced but I didn't say anything on it. I am just ANNOYED with people who don't give a freaking price to start off with.

NOTE

I am NOT raging about whether prices above are good or not, but I am RAGING about people who don't have a clue how much they want to spend/recieve and YET they treat other people like they don't know the good prices when THEY don't offer any benchmarks in return.

For example, I met a good "consumer" once.

I whispered someone who shouted about buying pots, and when I told him I sell them for 2s, they asked if I could sell them for 1s because that's usually the price they buy it at. Though I didn't end up selling them, it was good because it didn't waste our time. I knew what he wanted, he knew what I wanted, we both knew we didn't agree with prices, end of that. Quick and simple.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:10 AM   #2
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
This is why I have a bunch of greens just collecting dust in my inventory. I just don't bother most of the time... :/
Old 02-12-2009, 06:17 AM   #3
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
I hear you.

If Outspark is looking into an auction house like they say they are, that would be amazing. We need one badly.

Old 02-12-2009, 06:30 AM   #4
Samson007
Blue Crab

Skee Ball Champion!Tournaments Won: 21

In-Game Name: Samson007
Current Level: 85
Server: Apoline
Samson007 is on a distinguished road
As annoying as it is.......we're dealing with a lot of 12.....13 year old kids here who don't know shit about people skills / money. They will be as obnoxious in their bargaining as they want to be and not think twice about it. Terrible I know, but you have to expect that from pretty much EVERY online game that exists.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:46 AM   #5
Tamashiiryuu
Cave Archmage Book

Carmageddon Champion!
Tamashiiryuu will become famous soon enough
700s for pants?! that sound way over prised. Heh i shouln't talk though, I have no idea how much some should cost...
Old 02-12-2009, 07:05 AM   #6
GentleGiant
Speedy Slime

In-Game Name: HappyEndOfYou
Current Level: 36
Server: Bijou
GentleGiant is on a distinguished road
Pots are great to have for oneself but a real pain to sell.
For the HP that T2 potions are able to give back, they're just not worth anywhere near as much as the raw materials that go into them sell for to most people.

Compare the materials to make one T2 HP potion:

3 Tough Meat, 2 Spirit's Fruit (MQ), 2 Sign of Trace, 1 Geranium

to the materials needed to make one T3 HP potion:

3 Tender Meat, 2 Spirit's Fruit (MQ), 3 Sign of Trace, 1 Violet

Both tough and tender meats are very common, and Geraniums and Violets are easy to acquire as you run around and harvest, but Signs of Trace and Spirit Fruit are hard to find in large quantities, yet both recipes have similar requirements.

Considering that Spirit Fruit and Signs of Trace both sell to NPC merchants for 100c, that means that players hoping to buy them from other players will generally start their buy prices around 150c each and go up from there. So, just in terms of Spirit Fruits and Signs of Trace you're looking at around 750c minimum per potion in market value of Spirit Fruit and Signs of trace for a T2 potion, but only 150c more for those two ingredients for a T3 potion. Since, as I already stated, the difference between tough and tender meats is negligible since they drop so often, and the plant components are both fairly easy to get, what this really means is that the T2 potion production costs are way out of whack in comparison to what the potions are capable of healing when compared to the T3 ones which are similar.

The bottom line is that it's almost not even worth trying to skill up on and sell T2 potions because very few players will want to spend what they're worth in terms of materials, when it's likely that a HP stone will give just as many HP back at a cost of well under 100c. Don't be mad at the players for a condition which is the fault of the game's designers. If the T2 potions only required one Spirit Fruit and Sign of Trace each, then maybe they'd be worth it to more players. As it stands, I would suggest grinding up on T1 potions (use decomposition to break down the T2 raws into T1 and knock yourself out!) until you're able to make the T3 ones, because players will be more likely to want to buy the T3 ones for 1.5s each or more since they perform better than stones do for most players.
MoarShooz4WPlz - 2x Mage
GoBuffYourself - Cleric (and extra storage)
Old 02-12-2009, 07:18 AM   #7
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Please read my note at the bottom.

I am not complaining about people's standard of prices on items, nor am I saying my own prices are the complete best/right prices, but I am complaining about people who don't know what they want yet they tell you your price isn't right, or they speak to you as if you are weird.

If they were looking to buy my pots for 750c, so be it, just tell me. What's the big deal of asking a cheaper price? Not saying I will sell it to them even if they ask, but at least let me know what kind of price they are looking for so I know whether there's any chance of business between us. If there isn't, then don't waste my time by treating me like I'm a noob.

@Samson007:
I know there are kids in game, I meet them every day in kingdom quests, I'm just raging about them here in... All the Rage.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:18 AM   #8
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
As it stands, I would suggest grinding up on T1 potions (use decomposition to break down the T2 raws into T1 and knock yourself out!) until you're able to make the T3 ones, because players will be more likely to want to buy the T3 ones for 1.5s each or more since they perform better than stones do for most players.
Change that price to about 6s and you have yourself a deal.

Old 02-12-2009, 10:24 AM   #9
Ethelinde
Skeleton Archer

In-Game Name: ???
Current Level: 105
Server: A Server With Slimes In It
Ethelinde is on a distinguished road
It can't be helped. Most people who's good at making money in game knows that bidding > putting up a price. As a seller one fears the fact that he/she might sell below market price while as a buyer one fears the fact that he/she might overpay. Just paranoia brought by the general inflation itself imo. =D Btw, 700s for a good pair isn't overpricing anymore. I sold a level 48 cleric pants for 800s.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:20 PM   #10
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
I thought blaaah has already taken the "down side" by offering first.. shouldnt the other person respond with another offer?

but yeah 80% of the fiesta community doesnt seem to know how to communicate nowadays

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Closed Thread