Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 04:38 AM   #1
Ethelinde
Skeleton Archer

In-Game Name: ???
Current Level: 105
Server: A Server With Slimes In It
Ethelinde is on a distinguished road
Moronic Behaviors Toward GM

Today I was setting up my shop in Elderine after a day of accomplishing nothing as usual and witnessed some very rude behaviors toward [GM]SilkyPico. Silky was simply doing her job overseeing that the GM Guild War event proceed smoothly, and players (have a few names, but won't mention them) started harassing her on purpose, calling her names and asking ridiculous questions along with rants/complaints of the GM "picking on the weak" (why would these "weak" people declare war on the GM to be "picked on"), with no sign of it being a joke whatsoever. The conversation turned the event into a flame war with the odds lopsided in the morons' favor (outnumbers Silky several to one). The misbehaving players asked Silky overtly obvious/idiotic questions alike with the intention to inflict emotional damage (at least from my perspective), with constant comparisons between Dakkon & Silky being made with the intent to portray her as the inferior GM. Aside from that the players were also shouting in all caps demanding the location of Silky to they could "kill" her (in a manner more similar to a threat than to what we normally thought of as pk during GMGW). From my personal experience I find absolute no fault in Silky. Silky's always done her job well and understands her duties as a GM (even better a a lot of other GMs), if anything should be her fault it would be choosing to serve a load of idiots on Apoline and not giving in to their ridiculous demands.

Those idiots should be banned from the game to make it a more peaceful place imo, after all they're the same ks'ers/abyss room hijackers/scammers/etc. etc. I've seen in Apoline.....
Old 05-15-2008, 04:44 AM   #2
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
When it comes to guild wars, some peoples tactics is flaming... it makes people want to come after them. And when it comes to GMs... everyone is "weak". I don't think Silky would take it personally, or let it effect her.
Old 05-15-2008, 04:47 AM   #3
Ethelinde
Skeleton Archer

The thing is.... after numerous threats/flames she simply went afk on her char. Not saying anything anymore...... I'd guess she's pretty upset by that point.
Old 05-15-2008, 04:47 AM   #4
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
O_o

I'm surprised that came from Apoline.. i thought Apoline is meant to have the best community or something?

I think one of the criteria to be a GM is to have endless amount of patience...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 05-15-2008, 04:47 AM   #5
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
GMs weaken themselves for the event

Wouldn't be very fun if everyone was OHKOed

and some people I guess....
Old 05-15-2008, 04:47 AM   #6
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
OMG!!! Where were you Ethel?

Those people were being sooo annoying. I had to block the person whose name contains an oat because he just kept saying the same thing. Over. And over. And over. And over. And over again.

And then I kept hoping the other person who has three repeating numbers in his name would get sent to jail... >.>

Personally, I liked all the Legendary Trees that she spawned because that actually meant I got to participate since I was in Shift+Z all the time and I can actually see mobs in Shift+Z.

But yeah. How does comparing Silkypico to Dakkon even make any sense? Players only know the image that the GMs project in the game. It's not like they actually associate with the GMs or anything. They used to in the times of Steam or whatever but now, the GMs just show up to host events.
Old 05-15-2008, 04:49 AM   #7
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Originally Posted by Ethelinde View Post
The thing is.... after numerous threats/flames she simply went afk on her char. Not saying anything anymore...... I'd guess she's pretty upset by that point.
Well don't forget, they're also doing other stuff. Its their job, I seriously don't think they'd let idiots like that ruin their day.
Old 05-15-2008, 04:52 AM   #8
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
Originally Posted by Ethelinde View Post
Did she really? When was this? D:

But yeah. I agree with Yosei. I think they're experienced enough with the internet and MMORPGs to not let stupid flaming by tweens bother them.
Old 05-15-2008, 04:53 AM   #9
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
yeah well, we cant really do anything about those ppl talking crap.. and we could probably only guess wat Silky might feel...

maybe all we can do is tell Silky that we DO appreaciate her work, to counter the effect~

you always run into morons in life, and the internet brings them all together...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 05-15-2008, 04:54 AM   #10
Ethelinde
Skeleton Archer

Originally Posted by Yosei View Post
Well don't forget, they're also doing other stuff. Its their job, I seriously don't think they'd let idiots like that ruin their day.
Despite my wish to agree with you I'd say people aren't perfect, and we all have a certain level of tolerance that may be exceeded... As referring to a reply earlier.. yes a criteria for being a GM is the ability to socialize and tolerate misbehaviors, but I'd think we shouldn't take it for granted to throw whatever phrases we want simply because its the job of a GM to take certain amounts of insults. Nobody wants to have their jobs made more difficult.... and I certainly don't think Silky is any different....

Originally Posted by Ralath View Post
OMG!!! Where were you Ethel?

Those people were being sooo annoying. I had to block the person whose name contains an oat because he just kept saying the same thing. Over. And over. And over. And over. And over again.

And then I kept hoping the other person who has three repeating numbers in his name would get sent to jail... >.>

Personally, I liked all the Legendary Trees that she spawned because that actually meant I got to participate since I was in Shift+Z all the time and I can actually see mobs in Shift+Z.

But yeah. How does comparing Silkypico to Dakkon even make any sense? Players only know the image that the GMs project in the game. It's not like they actually associate with the GMs or anything. They used to in the times of Steam or whatever but now, the GMs just show up to host events.
I was hiding in my shop while the rocks fly overhead; and btw Lulong (if I'm not mistaken), we've met many times on my experimental puppets. =D

Edit: our encounter dates back to your level 30 "mob bouncing" days in MT. =D =D

Last edited by Blaaaaaaaah; 05-15-2008 at 06:54 AM.. Reason: Don't double post please.
Closed Thread