Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

View Poll Results: Is Fiesta out of the Open Beta phase?
Yes, definitely! 6 15.00%
Yes, I think so... 9 22.50%
No, I don't think so. 13 32.50%
Nope. 12 30.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 05:45 AM   #1
Icy
Huge Slime

Tournaments Won: 6

In-Game Name: おぼえていますんか?
Icy has a spectacular aura aboutIcy has a spectacular aura about
Test your knowledge of Fiesta's operation

This post serves to inform, but I also add a poll because I'd quite like to know the populace's take on this

1. Vote 2. Click on the link below for more information! 3. Read the rest of the thread if you wish~

No spoilers please

"You should never judge a book by it's cover unless you understand what you are getting into. But anyone with eyes can determine your kind rather easily. You and Triumph are of the same breed. Egotistical, narcissists who believe that numbers are some how important. It is one's love for something that truly determines who knows more and it is without a doubt that my love for the mage class trumps yours any day."

Last edited by Icy; 09-03-2008 at 06:07 AM.. Reason: Removed definite article in title
Old 09-03-2008, 05:52 AM   #2
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
AHHHHHH i voted for the wrong one...

i voted yes i think so, but.. it should be No i dont think fiesta is out of open beta.. (thought the question asked if fiesta is still in open beta -.-)

-clicks on link now-

EDIT: OK... wat's the answer? that doesnt really answer the question... it's been known for a long that that "apparently" hving a fiesta store =/= beta or not...

They've been claiming that they're in Open beta even though they've got a fiesta store...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 09-03-2008, 05:57 AM   #3
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
Didn't Euro Fiesta say that they were already moving out/ are out of Open Beta?

Lol?
Old 09-03-2008, 06:11 AM   #4
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
I think most of the belief comes from them having 'Open Beta' splattered across the last few ads they've paid for.

Which I can't find anymore =/

The magic of Open Beta can apparently be used to explain everything?

EDIT: wasn't there a post above before o_o?

Last edited by Ivramire; 09-03-2008 at 06:18 AM..
Old 09-03-2008, 06:28 AM   #5
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
@lvra - yeah that's wat i thought too!!

i'm trying so hard to find it..

the closest thing i could find was Spirit's post from back here:
http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/show...5&postcount=57

June 08... that is waaaaaaay after Icy's article there.. and i'm sure there's a reason to why we still believed that it was in beta all the way to at least Jun 08...

i'll keep snooping

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 09-03-2008, 06:28 AM   #6
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
It's really mincing words.

Fiesta is still in Open Beta because Outspark says it is in Open Beta.

I like Wikipedia's excerpt on this:

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
In February 2005, ZDNet published an article about the recent phenomenon of a beta version often staying for years and being used as if it were in production-level. It noted that Gmail and Google News, for example, had been in beta for a long period of time and were not expected to drop the beta status despite the fact that they were widely used; however, Google News did leave beta in January 2006. This technique may also allow a developer to delay offering full support and/or responsibility for remaining issues. In the context of Web 2.0, people even talk of perpetual betas to signify that some software is meant to stay in beta state. Also, "beta" is sometimes used to indicate something more like a release candidate such as the Halo 3 public beta.
The term open beta isn't defined. And I don't think Outspark has ever said full release.

I just realized I might have voted for the wrong one. Can't remember now. >_<
Old 09-03-2008, 06:37 AM   #7
booyah8876
.:~*♥*~:.

In-Game Name: booyah8877
Current Level: 88.65
Server: Teva
booyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to booyah8876 Send a message via Yahoo to booyah8876 Send a message via Skype™ to booyah8876
Look at any ticket that you submit to a CSR.

It says always to understand they're still in Beta.

>.>;

Originally Posted by el eye Zee
Lol. He said, "I'll punch you in the boob." and I was like, "I'll punch you in the bawlz and we both know that hurts more D<" and he was like, "I won't let you." and I was like, "d00d.. ur a tiny piece of sheet. u punch, i punch. mine will hurt more." and then he was like, "People are probably talking to me. g2g."
I pay to play the RL MMORPG, College. 4 years grinding in college gets you a piece of paper for the rest of your life and you can buy enough stuff to +9 your car//house.

liZ
Old 09-03-2008, 06:40 AM   #8
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Guess that solves it.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:44 AM   #9
Icy
Huge Slime

Tournaments Won: 6

In-Game Name: おぼえていますんか?
Icy has a spectacular aura aboutIcy has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by lvramire View Post
EDIT: wasn't there a post above before o_o?
Yes yes there was, you were not seeing things. I removed it and sent it to you instead

Originally Posted by Ralath View Post
It's really mincing words.

Fiesta is still in Open Beta because Outspark says it is in Open Beta.

I like Wikipedia's excerpt on this:

The term open beta isn't defined. And I don't think Outspark has ever said full release.

I just realized I might have voted for the wrong one. Can't remember now. >_<
Now, I wouldn't even dare post my summary on the implication of your source on Outspark's intentions on the official Outspark forum. That will have me chargrilled in 10 different ways.

Outspark's corporate news release said commercial premiere, so either the business sector or the customer service sector of the company is, ummm, not telling the truth.

"You should never judge a book by it's cover unless you understand what you are getting into. But anyone with eyes can determine your kind rather easily. You and Triumph are of the same breed. Egotistical, narcissists who believe that numbers are some how important. It is one's love for something that truly determines who knows more and it is without a doubt that my love for the mage class trumps yours any day."
Old 09-03-2008, 06:51 AM   #10
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Originally Posted by Icy View Post
Yes yes there was, you were not seeing things. I removed it and sent it to you instead

so that's what it was for

Yeah, you'd get roasted for posting it on there. Don't know why, but a fair number of posters take it upon themselves to defend the 'virtue' of a Business Corporation.
Closed Thread