Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-09-2017, 09:18 PM   #1
A_Forever
:w

Crime.. hmmm..

I have been going to the same community college for three years, and for the first time since I started there, there was a report of an "Armed Robbery."

I'm thinking there is way more to the story than just a "random act of violence/terror." Lately, I feel like violence or petty crimes seem to be happening a lot more around me. I'm not saying that, you know, the world is against me or that it says anything about the area I live in or areas I go to. I just find things happening a lot lately, to be really unsettling.

Rapes
Killings (Children killings are especially unnerving)
Suicides
Missing persons
Domestic Violence
(Armed) Robberies

I know, these are all considered "normal," anymore, but it's something that just hasn't been as big as in my life as it has been as of late. Hell, I know of someone who was recently taken away by Federal agents because they have some sort of connection to two people that were recently killed in Westland, MI (I believe it was Westland). I don't know anymore details other than them being taken, but still.

Why am I sharing or posting? I guess because I still have some anonymity here, and I feel as though a lot of people on (my) Facebook, would either ignore (like most do anymore), or say some terribly ignorant ("excuse my French") shit - like something racial, "political," or otherwise uninformed.

Just curious if:

1. Anyone else is noticing a crime rate rise? (Remember can't just go by statistics/national releases of data/rates because not everything is reported in them) I mean.. personally notice anything? Sure, what you hear locally (news/whatever), but also what might not be released publicly.. things you know or hear because you actually live in the area/experience first hand. I'm rambling, sorry

2. What are your thoughts on this stuff, in general? Even if there hasn't been much activity around you? Assuming we all agree these are terrible things ;)

3. (Speaking of U.S. here) They say over last 10-20yrs crime rates have gone down.. So what's your take on all these news-covered incidences? I think rates have, indeed, gone down (overall), but what was included in that census? What types of crimes? From my experience those statistics don't include everything, and you would be surprised what they leave out and how it ends up it was left out. What's your opinion of the news outlets we have? (Feel free to share about your "news outlet" experiences from other countries!! Would love to hear)

--Not here to rile anyone up.. haha. Also, not necessarily thinking there's some huge issues (really could just be "It happens" and nothing is getting worse). I've just never dealt with a lot of what I am dealing with now. Makes me curious about others. I suppose you could just say as you get older, you experience more (shrug), but let's be real, that doesn't make it okay aha