Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 05:14 PM   #1
Lafieru
Speedy Boogy

Lafieru is on a distinguished road
Tabula Rasa

So there's a DOMO and a Seal thread, thought I'd make one for Tabula Rasa so people know what I'm up to. Not expecting many people from here to pick this one up, since it's very different - the polar opposite of Fiesta in many regards - but hey, I love it, and I'm sticking with it.

Basically, it's a sci-fi MMO with FPS influences - there's some cool gameplay snippets and insight behind it here: , as well as the main site at www.rgtr.com .

Pros:

- Tons of quests. I'm already level 32, and I'd say 80-90% of that was doing quests or instances with groups.
- Fast paced, very fun combat. Even when I'm not questing, I've never felt like I was grinding. There's a "Control Point" system, which means that in every zone, there are a few bases that can be controlled by either AFS (good guys) or Bane (bad guys) AI. I've spent hours defending/attacking those control points, racking up insane amounts of exp (especially since you get EXP bonuses for killing sprees, up to 250%), and still find it fun each time.
- Clone system and branching class system. By playing the game, you can acquire clone credits, which let you clone a character. Your clone will be the same class and level as the original, but with no skill points used. The main use is to make it easier to get different classes - for example, if I want both a Spy and a Sniper character, I could just level a Ranger up to level 29.99. Then I'll clone my Ranger, and voila, I have a Spy and a Sniper, without having to do level 1-30 twice. Clones can also be used a "respec", so you can try out different skill builds and etc.
- Caters to many styles of play, and flexible even within classes. Even though I'm a medic, I can deal my fair share of damage, using injector guns to pick off high priority targets, shotguns to blast away at large groups, or rifles to add damage without getting myself into danger.
- Community is generally older and more mature - there are a few trolls, but 95% of the players I've met are polite, willing to help out, and can (omfg, and you won't believe this one) spell English words properly. Also haven't noticed anyone with "noob" attitudes at all - as in, the "PLEASE POWERLEVEL ME" types that personally piss me off to no end in Fiesta. ^^

Cons:

- Money. Have to buy the game, and pay monthly. I think you definitely get what you pay for, especially when you consider most people are paying to play Fiesta nowadays.
- The style is very realistic sci-fi, which many won't find as fun as the fantasy anime-style in Fiesta.
- Community is . . . well, different. I don't think it's too bad because I enjoy playing the game, but some may think the general chat is dull compared to the antics of the people in Fiesta.

Anyone, if anyone is interested, there are 3-day free trials - and if you join up, feel free to send tell to Abriel on server Cassiopeia, and I'll show you around. =)
Old 12-23-2007, 07:19 PM   #2
fullback
Papa Bear

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: fullback
Current Level: 6x
fullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to fullback
Whoa it has awesome graphics.
Old 12-24-2007, 06:47 AM   #3
a.L
A to the R to the K

a.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud of
Looks interesting. And damn, that's a long CB phase. O_o
Closed Thread