Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 10:43 PM   #11
NekoXx
Mushroom Fighter

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: NekoXx
Current Level: 3x
Server: Apoline
NekoXx is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to NekoXx

Personally 1H all the way

It can be quite expensive buying the sword and shield though... but, shields give the best defence out of every armour I believe..

Old 09-30-2007, 01:45 AM   #12
MagesRequiem
Archon

MagesRequiem is on a distinguished road
I dislike the way 1h Swords and Shields look. 2h Swords look the best. 2h Axes look... stupid. Thats the only thing turning me away from using a 2h Axe. Of course... i'm not even level 20 yet so i've never used either of them. xD My friend gave me a 2h Sword and when I do my level 20 quest i'm going to grab the 2h Axe. Then i'll use them both and compare them to one another and see which one's the best.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:56 AM   #13
Yami
Lava Gargoyle

In-Game Name: Hija
Current Level: 85.99 Dx
Server: Teva
Yami will become famous soon enough
I have all 3 of them. I'm a full end fighter so I picked the 1-h sword after the quest and bought myself a shield. Then I found that killing was going a bit too slow for me so I went to the smith and got myself a nice big axe. And then my KQ box held a +5 thunder 2-handed sword. It depends on what I'm fighting what I use. I have to fight Ice ViVies now and my shield doesn't give me enough magic defence to make a difference so now I use my 2-handed sword for faster killing (I take a lot of damage ._.) but when I fight them Bats in MT I use my 1-handed sword + shield (I'm at lvl 28 now).
Old 09-30-2007, 11:17 AM   #14
AngellicDiety
Marlone

In-Game Name: AngellicDiety
Current Level: 1 divided by zero
AngellicDiety will become famous soon enoughAngellicDiety will become famous soon enough
It depends, 1 handed sword is good if your going to be a tanker because you will get extra armour. But its dmg is terrible compared to the 2-handed weapons. Not to mention Power-Slice a very powerful technique is only available for 2-handed weapons.

1 Handed I say is only for those who want to tank.

With the right stats-build you can achieve nearly the same result as a 1-handed wielder with a shield (in terms of Kill:Rest ratio.)

2 handed Swords do well in guild wars. Axes (the level 58 axe) will freak out anyone you chase in a guild war. A cleric WILL run with your critical rate being high, plus the fact that an Empowered Power Slice can deal 800+(your weapons damage) at the best of times.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:01 AM   #15
Typhon
Slime

Typhon is on a distinguished road
Being a Two Hander (see my Avatar) I suggest never ruling out the Two Handed Sword. It slaughters people in Guild Wars, and in my opinion the best soloing weapon. My stats are +15 STR, +5 DEX and +25 END, so I'm set for soloing anything seeing is that my defense is now naturally high w/o a shield. As for tanking, it's not really my job so I'm not worried about it. My Guild found me a Godlike GK Zwheihander w/ +19 STR, +14 END and +12 SPR that I adore now that I have upped it to +3 (I know, risky, but totally worth it). So, all in all, my character is pretty well set now at Lvl 41 as a solo fighter, and that's what he does best. Great EXP!
Old 10-23-2007, 03:39 PM   #16
D4NT3
Slime

Tournaments Won: 1

D4NT3 is on a distinguished road
I would say that the 1h sword is best for those starting out. Axes are better if you're higher up and want to pwn people in one hit. 2h is ok but in between the two, it's like going with a medium sheild and not a large or small, it's not as slow as an axe, but not as strong, slower than a 1h, but more damage. It all comes down to your preference I guess.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:49 PM   #17
PwnageCleric
Boogy Knight

In-Game Name: Villi
PwnageCleric is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to PwnageCleric
Just go 1h and shield all the way, that's why there is a warrior, if you want high damage, go as a mage/archer -_-
As i get even if you go Axe you'll have the worst damage by real, so there isnt such things like Damage Dealer Warriors. Warrior is meant to be a damage absorbation because of taunt and high hp.
Warriors suck in PvP because of the fact you do get high hits in and you will do no damage.

No words. Warrior own only at doing kq's basically. Or if you go for Boss mobs.

CB1 -

CB2 * PwnageCleric * lvl33

Teva * PwnageCleric * lvl24
Teva * PwnageMage * lvl20
Teva * Villi *lvl 2x Warrior(MAIN)

Apoline * PwnageMage * lvl20
Apoline * Lover *lvl29 Warrior
Apoline * PwnageLover *lvl 25 Cleric

Old 10-23-2007, 07:30 PM   #18
Xhaos Incarnate
Crab

In-Game Name: XhaosIncarnate
Current Level: 15
Xhaos Incarnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Xhaos Incarnate
This is pretty much true of any MMORPG. The fighter classes are usually meant to soak damage while some ranger/mager in the back deals heavy damage. Fighters CAN deal decent damage, not high, but it comes at the price to tank as well as they should. Basically, this is how a little party/squad looks if everyone does their real jobs.

Fighter
Mage Archer

Cleric

Just my opinion though, from what I've seen and what I've learned.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:21 PM   #19
Y I N
Hero Slime

Y I N is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by PwnageCleric View Post
Just go 1h and shield all the way, that's why there is a warrior, if you want high damage, go as a mage/archer -_-
As i get even if you go Axe you'll have the worst damage by real, so there isnt such things like Damage Dealer Warriors. Warrior is meant to be a damage absorbation because of taunt and high hp.
Warriors suck in PvP because of the fact you do get high hits in and you will do no damage.

No words. Warrior own only at doing kq's basically. Or if you go for Boss mobs.
Have you ever seen a guild with 80% warrior in war? I have, they only lost one war out of god knows how many they fought. Most of them are axe user and the only reason they won is because they can kill almost as fast as the mages can with crit build and their chance of survival is double of the mages and archer, axe and 2h sword isnt just there for show.

If you make your axe build right, and know how to use your skills you will be a terror in war, for grinding i kill a red trumpy with out using a single HP stone with one spam of all skill only skippin vampiric strike and im not even using a shield

Last edited by Y I N; 11-13-2007 at 09:24 PM..
Old 11-26-2007, 02:08 PM   #20
asdarknessfalls13
Imp

In-Game Name: Shinza
Current Level: 25 going 26
Server: apoline
asdarknessfalls13 is on a distinguished road
definetly 1h
definetely 1h i have a sun rumen sword plus six with 27 dmg. 1h because even though 2h and axes do mre dmg, they have lower attk per sec rates than 1h but it willl be made up with the faster attk speed of 1hs and u can have a better def as u can use shields. I siggest getting a 1h as ur main with a shield, and a 2h for backup in case ur 1h gets fragged wille enhancing (ive lost 18s worth of rumen 1h)
Closed Thread