Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 06-21-2008, 01:05 AM   #21
Icy
Huge Slime

Tournaments Won: 6

In-Game Name: おぼえていますんか?
Icy has a spectacular aura aboutIcy has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Triumph View Post
I have been criticized for being too harsh in the past.

For the curious, these are the actual numbers of enforcements of Section 13 currently recorded:

Entropy - 50 counts, Triumph - 29 counts, Icy - 23 counts, Rightclaw - 4 counts, Fullback1719 - 3 counts.

Of the 50 instances of enforcements exercised by Entropy, 12 were 1-month bans, while Icy has only handed out 2 1-month bans out of 23 total.

Not all show a correlation between the total number of enforcements carried out and harsh deliverance like Triumph, who handed out, amongst his 29 total, one 1-month ban and 4 infinite bans.

Notably Rightclaw, who has only ever given 4 bans, only delivers infinite bans.

As for Fullback1719 who comes at the bottom of the list in reverse order of the total number of enforcements with a meagre total of 3, all were infinite bans, and on a very special note, 2 of them were delivered to the same ill-fated person. (meanie!)

So, I don't think you're harsh, Triumph.

"You should never judge a book by it's cover unless you understand what you are getting into. But anyone with eyes can determine your kind rather easily. You and Triumph are of the same breed. Egotistical, narcissists who believe that numbers are some how important. It is one's love for something that truly determines who knows more and it is without a doubt that my love for the mage class trumps yours any day."

Last edited by Icy; 06-21-2008 at 01:08 AM.. Reason: grammatical fixes
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 04:23 PM   #22
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Updated 24 June 2008.

I've decreased leniency a bit.
Triumph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:17 PM   #23
Icy
Huge Slime

Actually, seeing as how blocks only restrict editing privileges, I am all for lots of infinite bans. Hurray to your decreased leniency.

"You should never judge a book by it's cover unless you understand what you are getting into. But anyone with eyes can determine your kind rather easily. You and Triumph are of the same breed. Egotistical, narcissists who believe that numbers are some how important. It is one's love for something that truly determines who knows more and it is without a doubt that my love for the mage class trumps yours any day."
Old 07-04-2008, 06:26 PM   #24
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
4. Unencyclopedic Content

There have been occurences in the past where individuals have created pages that are dedicated to guilds, people, or other various in-game entities. Whereas there is no harm in doing so on your own user page, keep in mind the Wiki is like an encyclopedia: It is for strictly instructional purposes, not a database for free advertising.

6. Credits

Since the Wiki is a collaborative project involving multiple users, it is considered unnecessary and insofar as bad etiquette to include a small post about yourself as the author. As the history of each article in the Wiki can be viewed by everyone, it naturally is redundant to include a credits section in each page.

This page will be updated as more issues come to mind.

Not to rain on anyone's parade but..
Ivramire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 09:41 PM   #25
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Six months later, finally an update!

Sections 14 and 15 added.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:34 AM   #26
Icy
Huge Slime

Six months later, finally an update!

Sections 14 and 15 added.
Icy review

Originally Posted by Triumph
In simple terms, these are battles in which a minimum of two parties repeatedly revert, or undo, each other's work.
True.

These are generally pointless and a waste of time,
Depends on how the parties perform this.

not to mention memory.
Depends on code size - most of the time this is irrelevant.

If you take someone's ideas, give credit, or it's plagiarism.
Still an act of copycat, nevertheless...

Old 01-25-2009, 01:12 AM   #27
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Fixed to make the frostbitten one happy.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:28 AM   #28
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
I know it's said to include a 'edit summary' but is it absolutely necessary to include one every time?

For example- I don't want to always be putting "I changed 'teh' to 'the' or "I corrected punctuation" etc.
Ivramire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 08:35 AM   #29
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Server: Teva
Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
^ Minor change?
I think there's a check button for that in the edit page.

>edit
Nevermind, misunderstood what lvra said xD
I'd like to know the answer too

{ enraya ! }

Last edited by Enraya; 01-29-2009 at 08:39 AM..
Enraya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 08:46 AM   #30
Icy
Huge Slime

My suggestions?

(Triumph is lame)

(I write this to please Triumph)

(Keeping Triumph happy)

(Nothing to declare)

(zzzzzzz)

In simple terms, these are battles in which a minimum of two parties repeatedly revert, or undo, each other's work. These are generally pointless and a waste of time, not to mention memory, regardless of how how much. If you want to take someone's ideas, first ask, and then give credit, or it's plagiarism.
I think you screwed up