Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 03-05-2011, 10:01 PM   #1
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
What are some good PS3 games?

That doesn't require a lot reading to understand the game and is good for casual play. And maybe have modes for 2+ players.

Is mortal combat good?
Old 03-05-2011, 10:55 PM   #2
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
Do you mean 2+ players in the same place? Like co-op? Or online multiplayer?
Old 03-05-2011, 11:05 PM   #3
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Like co-op~ (but with solo modes too)

We recently got a PS3 and my dad likes to play it, but he's not really uhmm "tech savvy" with games and doesn't know much English, so we're looking for something that isn't toooooo hardcore but fun to play~

Little big planet looks fun though
Old 03-05-2011, 11:06 PM   #4
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
Super monkey ball!

Lol.
I was going to recommend Devil May Cry or God of War bc I like watchin their cut scenes on YT but your dad prob wouldn't like those games. Also, would your dad like Mortal Kombat? It's really gory.

Last edited by Ralath; 03-05-2011 at 11:09 PM..
Ralath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 11:17 PM   #5
Leesa
lk;sfdb

In-Game Name: Quit
Current Level: Quit
Server: Quit
Leesa is a jewel in the roughLeesa is a jewel in the roughLeesa is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Leesa
Mortal Kombat is good, the upcoming one seems awesome. MK vs DC wasn't the best I hear, but I'm sure its fine. It's also the first T game for MK so the gore is muuucchh less.

If you like final fantasy get FF13, but it's long as hell and very repetitive. Graphics and cutscenes are spectacular, but you have like 5 long cutscenes probably every hour or so. (I personally hated it and returned it after like 5 hours of gameplay >_>)

Uncharted 2 is awesome and it features differently staged co-op modes as well as online. I suggest playing Uncharted 1 first though. Though if someone doesn't know English very well it'll be a challenge knowing what to do, as it is very story driven.

Ratchet&Clank series is cute and creative, as well as simple :P The humor thats targeted to younger audiences can get a little annoying but, it's a great series. Pretty sure none of them have online/co-op tho.

There are more games, just gotta look around.

Edit: Little Big Planet would be great for everyone, and racing games as well. Burnout Paradise, Need for Speed: Shift, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, and Mod Nation Racers are all great.

Last edited by Leesa; 03-05-2011 at 11:22 PM..
Leesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 11:30 PM   #6
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

^ Thanks!!

@ Ralath: oh is it? I'll cross that off the list then.. we had this really weird demo game where the aim was to get a person killed as gory as you can (like.. how many times can you hit a pole and get run over by a bus before you finish rolling on the floor). Graphics weren't bloody but my dad said it was gross. LOL
Old 03-06-2011, 01:50 AM   #7
Dr. Stiles
Phinofly

In-Game Name: Healing_Touch, B.B. Hood
Current Level: Paladin 7x, Hawkarcher 5x
Server: Epith
Dr. Stiles is on a distinguished road
Killzone 3
The Sly Collection

The things that cannot be cut by my Roukanken, forged by youkai, are close to none! -Youmu Konpaku
Dr. Stiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 01:24 PM   #8
Lirange
Bad Kid

I believe in Mortal Kombat you can make it so that no blood and stuff shows at all. I think I remember it having that option when i played it a long time ago.
Also, if your looking for a fighting game, street fighter should be good.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:02 PM   #9
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
I know I'm going to get some haters, but Call of Duty can be played both single player and co-op and requires minimal reading, since it's pretty much only shooting and not much else.

FF13 is linear, and will require sufficient English skills, and it's hit or miss. Personally I found that it got slightly tedious after a while, but I platinumed the game nevertheless.

Assassin's Creed and Uncharted are like FF13, but are much more action-packed. Mass Effect 2, God of War and Infamous are also possibilities.

With Uncharted 3 coming out in November, Infamous 2 and FF13-2 coming out in what looks like to be December, 2011 is a good year to own a PS3 if you are into the RPG-type games.

There are also some PSN games that you could check out.
Triumph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 06:07 PM   #10
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: lnfamous
Current Level: 6x
MikeyG has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to MikeyG
As for single player, try out ratchet and clank, one of the most fun I've ever had with a series
MikeyG is offline   Reply With Quote