Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 06-04-2008, 12:41 PM   #1
Eru
Marlone Captain

In-Game Name: dunno
Eru has a spectacular aura aboutEru has a spectacular aura about
Help alleviate my boredom

Anyone else like puns?

Today I'm going to try to collect "Tom Swiftys"

If you've never heard of them, here is the wikipedia definition:
"A Tom Swifty (or Tom Swiftie) is a phrase in which a quoted sentence is linked by a pun to the manner in which it is attributed. Tom Swifties may be considered a type of Wellerism."

Here are a few examples:
"I took the criminal to the basement" said Tom condescendingly.
"I've dropped by toothpaste" said Tom crestfallen.
"I don't have any flowers" said Tim lackadaisically.

I've you can think of any pls add
If you hate puns...im sorry

Eru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 01:02 PM   #2
a.L
A to the R to the K

a.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud of
I'm too brain-dead to think of any. :/
a.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 01:16 PM   #3
Eru
Marlone Captain

Originally Posted by wackyboi View Post
I'm too brain-dead to think of any. :/
lol...
im sure I could google and get hundreds, I just thot this might be more interesting

Old 06-04-2008, 01:36 PM   #4
a.L
A to the R to the K

a.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud of
Puns are not my forté. Though I can make some semi-decent ones if certain situations arise...
a.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 02:08 AM   #5
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by wackyboi View Post
Puns are not my forté. Though I can make some semi-decent ones if certain situations arise...
LOL first thing I thought of when I read that post was the prawn thing. Not sure if that's really counted but... still LOL!
Old 06-05-2008, 03:19 AM   #6
Hyper
Sucked back into the 'net

In-Game Name: An occupation
Current Level: 8 hours a day
Server: 4reL-lyfe
Hyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these parts
Bela is pun master.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:27 AM   #7
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
someone was just asking about puns here on FF the other day~

I passed the pilot test in flying colours...

is that a pun thing? dont think tis a Tom Swifty thing... but its a pun..? No?

<--- sux in engrish

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Hessah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 02:19 PM   #8
booyah8876
.:~*♥*~:.

In-Game Name: booyah8877
Current Level: 88.65
booyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to booyah8876 Send a message via Yahoo to booyah8876 Send a message via Skype™ to booyah8876
yeah it's a pun, but not a Tom Swifty...

and I'm good with English...

but damn I'm not thinking of any of those >.<;

Originally Posted by el eye Zee
Lol. He said, "I'll punch you in the boob." and I was like, "I'll punch you in the bawlz and we both know that hurts more D<" and he was like, "I won't let you." and I was like, "d00d.. ur a tiny piece of sheet. u punch, i punch. mine will hurt more." and then he was like, "People are probably talking to me. g2g."
I pay to play the RL MMORPG, College. 4 years grinding in college gets you a piece of paper for the rest of your life and you can buy enough stuff to +9 your car//house.

liZ
booyah8876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 02:47 PM   #9
Eru
Marlone Captain

aight...lets open it to all and any puns...(good one Hess)

This thread did a *horrible* job at alleviating my boredom yesterday!

Here is story pun worthy of Sero

One day a man, walking down a street, hears the most beautiful piano music he had ever heard. He looks around and finds that the music is coming from a small pub just down the road. When he enters the pub he is astonished by the most amazing thing he has ever seen. A small man, roughly 1 foot tall, playing a miniature piano at the end of the bar.

The man asks the bar keep, “Where did you find him? He is amazing!”
The bar keep tells him “I found this magic lamp with a genie inside and made a wish, but....”
The man interrupts, “That great! Do you still have the lamp? I’d love to make a wish.”
The bar keep answers cautiously, “I do, but be careful what you wish for”. He then retrieves the magic lamp from behind the bar and hands it to the man.

The man rubs the lamp excitedly, and when the genie pops out, the man whispers to the genie “I wish for a million bucks!”.
The genie looks puzzled for a moment then says, “What was that?”
The man again whispers, this time a bit louder to be heard over the piano music, “I wish for a *million bucks*”.
The genie replies, “Okay. Done!” -POOF- and returns inside the lamp.

A few seconds later tens of thousands of DUCKS come flying through the bar and head straight for the man. Once all the commotion settles, the man, looking very confused asks the bar keep, “What are all these DUCKS doing here, I wished for a million BUCKS!!!”

The bar keep simply replies, “I said be careful…what do you think *I* wished for? A 12 inch pianist?”

Last edited by Eru; 06-05-2008 at 02:51 PM..
Old 06-05-2008, 02:54 PM   #10
booyah8876
.:~*♥*~:.

In-Game Name: booyah8877
Current Level: 88.65
booyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to booyah8876 Send a message via Yahoo to booyah8876 Send a message via Skype™ to booyah8876
Winnar.

Originally Posted by el eye Zee
Lol. He said, "I'll punch you in the boob." and I was like, "I'll punch you in the bawlz and we both know that hurts more D<" and he was like, "I won't let you." and I was like, "d00d.. ur a tiny piece of sheet. u punch, i punch. mine will hurt more." and then he was like, "People are probably talking to me. g2g."
I pay to play the RL MMORPG, College. 4 years grinding in college gets you a piece of paper for the rest of your life and you can buy enough stuff to +9 your car//house.

liZ
booyah8876 is offline   Reply With Quote