Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 08-20-2015, 01:50 AM   #91
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath

Haven't read the book yet but the movie looks so good! (The Martian)

Ralath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 07:35 AM   #92
Pritcher
Senior Torturer

Pritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Pritcher Send a message via MSN to Pritcher Send a message via Yahoo to Pritcher
... I was totally bluffing bluffing myself. I downloaded the ebook and have every intention of reading it.... but like... y'know life... who has time read? Honestly?... I really do want to though...

-------
I'm taking an indefinite break from Fiesta.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
Pritcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 08:00 AM   #93
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
I guess the last thing I read was the Dresden Files.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dresden_files

Polished off the 15 books one after the other, wish he'd get started on # 16.
Ivramire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 08:06 AM   #94
Pritcher
Senior Torturer

Pritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Pritcher Send a message via MSN to Pritcher Send a message via Yahoo to Pritcher
S'cool, just happy to even moderately influence and/or stimulate the reading capacity of others in any way shape or form.

-------

Old 08-28-2015, 07:15 PM   #95
Tamashiiryuu
Cave Archmage Book

Carmageddon Champion!
Tamashiiryuu will become famous soon enough
Been putting it off for the past year, but I finally started and finished Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett. Don't know why I took so long. The book is really good.

OOO I might pick up the Dresden Files after I finish The Wheel of Time. Thanks~

Last edited by Tamashiiryuu; 08-28-2015 at 07:19 PM..
Tamashiiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 10:38 PM   #96
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
I've been reading text books.
Yosei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 12:33 AM   #97
Pritcher
Senior Torturer

Finished The Martian. Fantastic read. Highly recommend it.

Movie is great too, but they left some pretty big events out and they mucked with ending in a couple ways I didn't care for. Still really good though.

-------

Old 10-07-2015, 01:25 AM   #98
Vasu
Malingerer

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: None
Current Level: None
Server: None
Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice
Originally Posted by Tamashiiryuu View Post
Been putting it off for the past year, but I finally started and finished Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett. Don't know why I took so long. The book is really good.

OOO I might pick up the Dresden Files after I finish The Wheel of Time. Thanks~
You've probably already made it here but to me, I found the 10th book to be the slowest book in the series, or atleast it felt that way after the climax of the 9th one, but the series really picks up again from the 11th onwards. Of course the 12th book has a pretty hard tonal shift because of the new author but they're still action packed. It really is an amazing series.

Credits to Loveless for the great signature!
We rode on the winds of the rising storm
We ran to the sounds of thunder
We danced among the lightning bolts
And tore the world asunder

Vasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 02:27 AM   #99
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Originally Posted by Pritcher View Post
Finished The Martian. Fantastic read. Highly recommend it.

Movie is great too, but they left some pretty big events out and they mucked with ending in a couple ways I didn't care for. Still really good though.
Didn't realize it was based off of a book (then again, most movies are nowadays). But I liked the film. Was quite intense.
Yosei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 09:40 AM   #100
Pritcher
Senior Torturer

I kind of wish I'd watched the movie first to be honest. The Martian I mean. But whatever, either or both are good stuff.

After The Martian I got into a reading mood again and decided to look around for more sort of humorous sci-fi. I landed on Douglas Adams. I've known of him and his works for a long time but never read them. I've now read The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and about half of the Restaurant at the end of the Universe. Also really good reads. Different though. More sort of absurdist humor in them, but very fun reads so far.

-------