Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 08:26 PM   #1
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
Kiting

Got back into Fiesta again lately and started on an Archer. I've had one that was 60+ but never played when Nature's Mist became a kiting skill so any tips on solo kiting after 51...? :3
Old 05-24-2010, 10:10 PM   #2
A_Forever
:w

What do you mean by tips?

There's nothing to it!

I've gotten used to not looking ahead and just looking back. Camera view wise, I mean. I use the map in the top right to guide my character. Allows me to keep track of my mobs (so I don't screw others over and can catch ks'ers) and at the same know where I am going. Can kinda approximate when they will be dead, so I aim for a spot where I will end with no more mobs coming after me.

Not really any tips there.. but.. ideas?

Here's a tip.. go with what you feel is right. To me.. kiting is kinda personal LOL. So many people(Archers) will be like "You're doing it wrong" but if you aren't dying and are still getting things done.. who cares?
Old 05-24-2010, 10:16 PM   #3
Loveless
Super Moderator

I'm familiar with kiting with a ranged character. Not so much with Fiesta's archer.

Was looking for better places to like particular mobs/maps that's better for kiting, etc. But... yeah, nevermind.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:18 PM   #4
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
Are you playing on Teva or Apoline? o:

Old 05-24-2010, 10:18 PM   #5
A_Forever
:w

Well. Weakened ogres.. best place is by the GC gate to kite, IMO. That what you mean? Then bats in SEG...

I don't know how much has changed since you have been gone o_o
Old 05-24-2010, 11:15 PM   #6
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Abyss.. Love it there.. (when it's rather empty) in the 6x there's 3 rooms (4th corner is just a corridor) on top left corner that you can go around in, and pick up your drops too when you circle the path again..an hour gives about 10%+

but you'll need some T1 speed scrolls, and I always put T3 def/vit coz the first bunch that you get can hurt and the pinkies are a little bit annoying.. (if you dont scroll up I think you'll find yourself hving to go restone more often)

Aim scroll helps with getting more crits happening too..

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 05-25-2010, 04:08 AM   #7
Helion

Tournaments Won: 35

I'm in the same boat you are - started leveling my archer and am L55 now. I think SEG is a great training area for kiting, and also like the ridge in Collapsed Prison for King Colls, vivis, weakened ogres as more of a challenge avoiding obstacles. Not quite ready for the abyss yet, still working out the timing on spamming mist and stoning - died a few times getting caught trying to mist and getting stunned....lol

Old 05-25-2010, 04:22 AM   #8
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
In 5x abyss, I take a little room (one of those that u go down the stairs then down a corridor and a room with a thing in the middle at the end) and circle those..

but I play during the times when Fiesta is pretty much dead, so I rarely run into noobs.. -touch wood-

I have tried taking on a big room and failed miserably..............

One thing that I do is shortcut mist into my scroll wheel click on the mouse..

and left hand is just used for HP pots and stones shortcuts on keyboard..

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 05-25-2010, 08:38 AM   #9
Loveless
Super Moderator

Ohh, nice thing on the scroll wheel thing I'll try that.

I'm playing a... different server. =P
Old 06-11-2010, 02:11 PM   #10
GR8_Scotts
Gang Imp

In-Game Name: GR8_Scotts, Nordyck
Current Level: 6x (all)
Server: Bijou
GR8_Scotts is on a distinguished road
For kiting a License is VERY helpful... you can kite chickens (archon Jrs) in the Dark Passage all day long. With a T1 speed scroll you will be cranking em out like crazy. Nice thing is no PvP action like in Abyss and most folks (clerics) love to help you out due to quests that need archon drops. The archons bridge the 57 - 62 level gap nicely so you can work them for a while. Oh, and no other ranged mobs in the area so just keep ahead of em and you can hang out for a while Great place to Power lvl 4x characters as well so you can help your guild-mates if they need it. Oh, and kiting bonus for licenses - the entire party gets credit on their license (if they have one) REGARDLESS of who kills it. So buy a few Archon lics, put em on your buddy's wpn and get everyone a +4% crit bonus for em!

Last edited by GR8_Scotts; 06-11-2010 at 02:35 PM..
Closed Thread