Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 10:50 PM   #1
Diydiva81
Little Hob

In-Game Name: Chiaroscuro
Current Level: 53
Server: Bijou
Diydiva81 is on a distinguished road
My Mother Passed away

I know I've haven't posted anything here in a while (or played anything (Fiesta or otherwise)) and i would have earlier but I just havent the heart for it, so here it goes.

She died on Tussday, but was Monday that my dad noticed something gravely wrong. He found her face down on the kitchen floor earliy that morning. She wasn't very coherent and, from what i've heard had a slightly slurred speech (Dad had originally thought she suffered a stroke) and even questioned the paramedics to where and why they were taking her.
I was already in the same hospital (since late last Thursday afternoon) for what both the doctors and my dad believe was the same thing that killed my mother, a staph infection in the right foot. but call it for my own health or the choice of going in Emergency early enought, my infection wasn't as bad.
The last Time I spoke to her (on the phone) was Sunday night, just before I was going to go to sleep, exited that hopefully I was going to be discharged the next day, only to have my father break the news about her own hospitalization that morning. He also said that her chances were very slim, but she did have a (small) chance if they would amputate the leg that was infected (again, her right), which they did but with her kidneys not working, her on a ventilator with tubes down ther throat, the infection moving on and a minor heart attack, despite surviving the night, my dad made the heartbraking choice of letting her go (and they did discharge me not long after).
My mother was not in the best heath physically in the past 20 years. Like me she was disabled (we both had Cerebral Palsy), but some corrective surgery in her 20's didn't go so well, and she slowly went downhill. My dad (although he's no way blaming her for all this) also believes that Mom made the the situation worst by self-diagnosing and selt-treating her problems with vitamins, suplements and alot of otc meds instead of seeking doctor's care (she could be quite stubborn).

Anyway the funeral was earlier this afternoon (we made the choice of having her cremated, for both economical reasons, plus I wanted to have her close to my father and myself), and everybody was so nice (and very shocked and saddened at the loss to boot) at the funeral home. Family members (including many second cousins I didn't really know), coworkers and friends of both my parents, even our tax consultant came (he had also refered my father to an attorney in dealing with a personal bank account my mother had). My neighbors had also chipped in with a flower arrangement (including one from accross the street who themselves had just lost a brother/in-law the week earlier .

Anyway it's now just me and Dad. It'll be hard with now only one income, plus with all the bills going to come and I just don't mean the basics. With hospital bills (for both us, but we both have insurance so it'll cover some of it), the other half of a $2,800 funeral bill (she also didn't have a will) and possible attorney's fees ...

P.S. As for me, my own foot's slowly geting better. it's still swollen, thought not enough that I can't walk or put pressure on it. I can walk right now with a walker, though I can go with out it for short distances. I'm also in a strict diet w/ an antibotic I perscribed (no fermented foods or I run the risk of hypertention)

Old 05-29-2009, 11:07 PM   #2
Jikanu
Lizardman

In-Game Name: Jikanu
Current Level: 46
Server: Teva
Jikanu will become famous soon enoughJikanu will become famous soon enough
I'm sorry for your loss. i hope that both your and your dad's hearts can heal.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:34 PM   #3
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Spirit has disabled reputation
I will keep you in my prayers. Both you and your father. It is things like this that make us realize how small we really are. I am grown and cannot imagine losing my mother. I cannot begin to phantom the heartache you are going through. I am so sorry for your loss.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 05-29-2009, 11:48 PM   #4
+Tequila+
Blue Clover Trumpy

In-Game Name: Braver
Current Level: 126
Server: Wildlands(PvP)
+Tequila+ will become famous soon enough+Tequila+ will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to +Tequila+ Send a message via MSN to +Tequila+
Best wishes. Death is a sad thing for any family.

Jade Dynasty:Braver:13X:Balo
-Heaven Alliance Captain:Stardust Marshall-
Old 05-30-2009, 12:05 AM   #5
Lirange
Bad Kid

That is so sad to hear
i wish you the best of luck and hope you have a wonderful life
Old 05-30-2009, 12:27 AM   #6
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
I'm sorry for your loss and hope you find a way to heal.
Old 05-30-2009, 02:46 AM   #7
lamchopz
Goblin Swordman

In-Game Name: yummy
Current Level: skewl
lamchopz has disabled reputation
A great loss which requires time to heal.
Don't crumble, for she would want you to lead your life with courage and strength.

-------------------------------------------------
Old 05-30-2009, 03:47 AM   #8
Kenryuu
Orc

In-Game Name: Kenryuu, Shiraiyuki
Current Level: 48, 60 <3
Server: Epith
Kenryuu is on a distinguished road
Im sorry for your loss.

Thanks Loveless :3

Last edited by Kenryuu; 05-30-2009 at 04:32 AM..
Old 06-05-2009, 10:29 AM   #9
Diydiva81
Little Hob

In-Game Name: Chiaroscuro
Current Level: 53
Server: Bijou
Diydiva81 is on a distinguished road
I'm sorry that I didn't get to this sooner but I want to say thank you to for all the replies/condolences.

I've also been putting this off because after a recent follow-up appointment, my personal doctor was contemplating having me re-hospitalized as a precaution due to the swelling (as well as the redness and heat from the infection) not going away as fast as it should, but thanks to a stronger antibiotic (the same one I was also prescribed while in the hospital, only now in pill form), as well as me not walking as much, the swelling has gone down quite a bit, it's color is slowly coming back and the heat has also gone away.

Again, Thank You.

Old 06-05-2009, 02:35 PM   #10
aramil001
Grave Wolf

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: aramil001, aramils_revenge, IDK_a_namE, Kagame
Current Level: 67 fighter, 44 Cleric, 20 Fighter, 14 Archer
Server: Teva, Cypon
aramil001 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to aramil001 Send a message via Skype™ to aramil001
I'm sorry... I know how it feels to lose someone special. Just try to be happy, she'd want that.