Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 12:29 AM   #1
Mindspank
Flying Staff

In-Game Name: Mindspank
Current Level: 103 Sharpshooter
Server: Bijou
Mindspank will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Mindspank
All these damn con artists!!

I knew this was going to happen. See my reply in the maintenance thread. I just freggin knew it.

What am I talking about?

The prices of the christmas pets. People feel that because the pets are +5 now they can charge 2g+ per pet. What they are not telling people, or what people are not reading in the patch notes, is that IT'S ONLY TEMPORARY!!

After the next maintenance, THEY WILL GO BACK TO +2!!!!

I have tried, pleaded with people, in elderine not to waste money on this. And the vendors call me a liar. The vendors basicly flame me in shout, and the people believe THEM!!! I tell them to check the forums, I tell them to read the patch notes, they wont listen to me.

Am I the only one that gives a damn that these people are straight SCAMMING players?! It's bad enough that all the high leveled guilds straight up farmed the CRAP out of FBZ2 for 48 hours for these pets. They farmed for them so badly that Outspark put a level limit on the FBZ's for the event for christs sake! And why did they do it?

So they could fill their vendor windows up with pets and control the market, charging whatever they want. Now this +3 stat boost is giving them the excuse to come out of hiding and charge people an INSANE ammount for something that is only temporary? How is this right?

It's bad enough that the high leveld guilds basicly DENIED lower leveled players the pleasure of finding a pet in a chest, but now they are ripping them off with this stat increase.

I am sorry, but if this is what our higher leveld playerbase is like, you all are fucking PATHETIC. And I am not just throwing everyone in that pot, because I do know AWESOME capped, well formerly capped, players. But the rest of these guys are a disgrace to the better natured players.

I HIGHLY encourage members of more influential guilds and higher leveled players, since apparantly to the denizens of Bijou I am a noob who knows nothing now, that you inform these players that the stat increase is only temporary before they waste their hard earned money.

And even if they know about it, and still decide to spend their money, at least they know BEFORE they buy it that it's only temporary. Instead of finding out a week later.

Seriously, the community needs to step up on this.

Fiesta - Mindspank - Bijou - 103 Sharpshooter
Aion - Mindspank - Israphel - 65 Ranger
Old 01-22-2009, 12:36 AM   #2
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Server: Teva
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
Unless they are actually saying "These stats are permanant" they aren't really scamming. They're taking an opportunity to make money off an ill informed consumer, yes, but it is the duty of a consumer to be well-informed in a business transaction. This isn't a new concept. Caveat Emptor.

There is no requirement to have the item, so this is a voluntary transaction. It's a luxury item. Those tend to come at a premium price in any market.

Edit: Also, my son and his 25ish Fighter and my 28 Cleric did the event and got enough items to do his quests and got a few pets as well. I'll give Outspark hell for things they do wrong, but I don't really see how they handled the event poorly. This wasn't a high-leveled or CS-user only show like some of them have been in the past.

Last edited by Hraesvelg; 01-22-2009 at 12:42 AM..
Old 01-22-2009, 12:37 AM   #3
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Err I'm sure everyone of almost any level would've had several pets if they spent some time in FBZ...

not only "high levels" got pets...

and if you warned others about the scammer, and they wont listen, then stuff them.. you've given them advise, they won't take it, well let them learn their own lesson the hard way...

you should really check to see if people selling pets are all lvl 70+ or something to make your generalising that "all scammers are high level"

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 01-22-2009, 12:46 AM   #4
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
They're not really "conning" anybody if they just put a pet in their shop, price it @ 2g, leave, and someone buys it.

In fact, I might try that later today.

Hell. I've seen normal Pets priced at 1099 Gems and I don't think that's conning anybody either. Overpriced, sure.

Old 01-22-2009, 12:48 AM   #5
EdwardWarlock
Zombie

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: Edward_Warlock
Current Level: Enchanted Warlock 8x, my other players are just production whores.
Server: Apoline
EdwardWarlock is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to EdwardWarlock
I'm not paying gold for anything unless it's Blue as hell, or is +9. Pets are great (+2~6) but they ain't much more than that and I'll be damned if I waste gold on them. Indeed, high level players tend to be jerks, especially the 80's babies and the capped players. Once you reach a certain range though (at least in Apoline), they treat you a lot better and wanna AOE you to death. I'm such a whore now.

* I am only heard by those who will listen. *

Edward_Warlock on MySpace

Old 01-22-2009, 01:25 AM   #6
Mindspank
Flying Staff

@ Hraesvelg: I am in no way, shape or form saying that Outspark handled the event poorly. Nor did I say such a thing.

And yes they are telling these players the stats are permanent.

Originally Posted by Myself
"I have tried, pleaded with people, in elderine not to waste money on this. And the vendors call me a liar. The vendors basicly flame me in shout, and the people believe THEM!!! I tell them to check the forums, I tell them to read the patch notes, they wont listen to me."
Thats why they are calling me a liar. If people knew the +3 increase was temporary, they wouldnt buy the pets at these ridiculous prices.

@ Hessah: I have been playing long enough to know what vendors are alts for what guilds and what players. Said vendors are the alts of players that were members of the guilds that were AOEing spawn points during the christmas event so they could get the centerpath in FBZ2 and hog chests. I couldnt get out of there for an hour because I got nuked when I spawned.

Not all scammers are high level. Just all the scammers on my server happen to be. Imagine if a lower leveled friend of yours spent 2g on this pet, then a week later found out it went back to +2, and he broke the bank thinking he was getting a good deal. I dont know about you, but I would be miffed.

Old 01-22-2009, 01:49 AM   #7
EdwardWarlock
Zombie

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: Edward_Warlock
Current Level: Enchanted Warlock 8x, my other players are just production whores.
Server: Apoline
EdwardWarlock is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to EdwardWarlock
Originally Posted by Mindspank View Post
@ Hraesvelg: I am in no way, shape or form saying that Outspark handled the event poorly. Nor did I say such a thing.

And yes they are telling these players the stats are permanent.

Thats why they are calling me a liar. If people knew the +3 increase was temporary, they wouldnt buy the pets at these ridiculous prices.

@ Hessah: I have been playing long enough to know what vendors are alts for what guilds and what players. Said vendors are the alts of players that were members of the guilds that were AOEing spawn points during the christmas event so they could get the centerpath in FBZ2 and hog chests. I couldnt get out of there for an hour because I got nuked when I spawned.

Not all scammers are high level. Just all the scammers on my server happen to be. Imagine if a lower leveled friend of yours spent 2g on this pet, then a week later found out it went back to +2, and he broke the bank thinking he was getting a good deal. I dont know about you, but I would be miffed.
I agree, they not all high level, but they are in the majority. They get the best pets because they kill lower level players that venture into FBZ with stat and level advantages. Why the hell would a high level player want more gold anyway? You have everything as it is. Hell, I already got my 80/70 armor.

* I am only heard by those who will listen. *

Edward_Warlock on MySpace

Old 01-22-2009, 02:12 AM   #8
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
Maybe Teva is just a bit more civil? My experience was nothing like what you're describing.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:45 AM   #9
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Gotta agree with Hraes here. It isn't called scam unless they actually lie and state that the pet stats are permanent. And if they call you a liar when you're trying to warn them, let them be then. Let them waste their money and let them learn their lesson the hard way.

All they're doing is "overpricing" the items. And you can't also fully blame the overpricers either, because they didn't put a gun to the buyer's head to make them buy their items. It's the buyer's own fault. You can't say that by farming the pets back in the event then overpricing it today is called controlling the market. Unless these people happened to have bought EVERY SINGLE pet in fiesta THEN selling them at a high price, then maybe that's controlling the market. Point is, you can't control the market unless you're the only one with the items. If everyone else has a fair share of their own pets, I don't see how they can affect the markets that easily.

But I'm pretty sure be it high levels or low levels, people would have got their pets if they wanted them (provided they were present during the event). Besides, ever since the level limit was put on the FBZs and the chest spawn rate was increased, I don't think there would be many that would have really missed out. I got 4 pets myself on Epith on my little 20 archer. Wasn't hard. =/
Old 01-22-2009, 02:47 AM   #10
Mindspank
Flying Staff

I was bad bro. Ask anyone who was lower leveled the night the event started and was in FBZ2 on Bijou. I think that the level limit was emplaced largely on the part of Bijou's misconduct. Im not going to call any guilds out, but lets just say that it was enough to make people quit playing fiesta untill the event was over or the higher guilds left because they couldnt get out of FBZ2.

@Blaahs: It wasnt the buyers calling me a liar, it was the sellers.

Last edited by Mindspank; 01-22-2009 at 02:51 AM..
Closed Thread