Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

View Poll Results: To redo or not to redo.... that is the question
Completely wipe current reps and start over 9 32.14%
Leave as it is 13 46.43%
Do not care. 6 21.43%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 10:03 PM   #21
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Triumph View Post
You do realize that those who abused it will get it back?

I won't point fingers, but I think we all know which group of people abused the system most. And I probably alienated quite a few people by saying this.
meh... i reckon the ppl with a lot of reps (7 bars and up?) all deserved it anyway... its not like anyone high on the list didnt contribute to the forum and still got heaps of rep bars...

all of us has answered questions, welcomed new comers, contributed to wiki, written guides.... i dont see a "problem" with it...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 03-06-2008, 05:53 PM   #22
Lilian
Entwined Destiny

In-Game Name: Fuujinn // Lilian
Current Level: Divide by zero.
Server: Teva
Lilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to all
lol rep, serious business.

here's a better idea: remove it completely from the system. if that had been the case from the start, there would have been no "problems".
Old 03-06-2008, 05:56 PM   #23
O-mie
Lilian's Maid

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Omies (5x Cleric) Fable (4x Archer)
Current Level: OVER 900000000
O-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to O-mie Send a message via MSN to O-mie
^ Agree with Lilian.

But also the thing with Rep for a lot of people higher is that it starts to be given because of popularity or something, like..I have been repped by some random person who wrote "Random rep so I can give more to blaaahs" >_>

"Stand up for what you believe is right, even if you're standing alone."

Omies [5x Cleric] Fable [4x Archer] Omie [1x Mage] Wigglytuff [2x Fighter]
Teva

Nakama //GrandPaprika // Symphony
O-mie's Art Gallery || Sketch-Blog

Old 03-06-2008, 07:03 PM   #24
Pritcher
Senior Torturer

Pritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Pritcher Send a message via MSN to Pritcher Send a message via Yahoo to Pritcher
Yeah, I was for the idea of total removal of the rep system back when the "abuse" first started getting out of hand but people like the reps. *shrugs*

While I don't really care, I still voted for the wipe just in the interest of fairness. People are going to abuse the new system too, but at least it'll be fair abuse from an even starting point. Tabula Rasa.

Also, it'll be interesting to watch like a slow race of abuse after the wipe. Actually though, I do think the abuse will die down a lot with the new system since it will take forever to gain anything from it and people will lose interest when they aren't actually going up in green bars even after weeks of abuse.

-------
I'm taking an indefinite break from Fiesta.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
Old 03-06-2008, 07:12 PM   #25
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Spirit has disabled reputation
^^ Exactly. While some people will still abuse the system, the new repping system makes it so that the abuse is actually NOT noticable. Maybe after months and months of constant abuse, it could make a difference, but even the nit would be small, and who is going to keep it going for months and months, when they cannot see any changes?

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 03-06-2008, 07:13 PM   #26
Valentines
Will you be mine ?

In-Game Name: DieRomantiic
Current Level: 20
Valentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud of
I already mentioned about removing rep completely.

o.o'

/otherrepthread.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:28 PM   #27
Pritcher
Senior Torturer

Pritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Pritcher Send a message via MSN to Pritcher Send a message via Yahoo to Pritcher
Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
^^ Exactly. While some people will still abuse the system, the new repping system makes it so that the abuse is actually NOT noticable. Maybe after months and months of constant abuse, it could make a difference, but even the nit would be small, and who is going to keep it going for months and months, when they cannot see any changes?
Unfortunately it also kind of makes rep as a whole unnoticeable. If people abusing it can't even make any real progress then the legitimate rep will be virtually nonexistent and everyone will basically be stuck on a single bar or two forever.

-------
I'm taking an indefinite break from Fiesta.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
Old 03-06-2008, 07:32 PM   #28
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Spirit has disabled reputation
no, they can move up fairly easy, but those of us that have a lot of posts and a high rep cannot change someone by 2 bars in one rep. It was to the point that I would not rep anyone at all, because I would change them by 2 bars in one go. Now, I feel better about repping because I cannot make such a drastic difference with just one rep.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 03-06-2008, 09:45 PM   #29
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
no, they can move up fairly easy, but those of us that have a lot of posts and a high rep cannot change someone by 2 bars in one rep. It was to the point that I would not rep anyone at all, because I would change them by 2 bars in one go. Now, I feel better about repping because I cannot make such a drastic difference with just one rep.
Yep.

With the old system, when users get heaps of posts and reps and more rep power just by simply staying on the forum, they can change newbie bars by heaps. And if one decides to neg rep a newbie for some reason, there goes their reputation of the forum newbie.

We had decided not to remove the rep system because some people might still like it. We want to fix this up but still keep the rep system to see how it goes. We can always remove the rep system later, but I personally think we haven't reached to the point where we need to yet.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:49 PM   #30
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Pritcher View Post
Unfortunately it also kind of makes rep as a whole unnoticeable. If people abusing it can't even make any real progress then the legitimate rep will be virtually nonexistent and everyone will basically be stuck on a single bar or two forever.
yeah well... i believe that the rep system was "dead" for a long time... until some of us -cough- went through that abusing stage making it noticible that ppl starting to get 4-5 reps bars.... which was when the rest of the forum took notice about this whole rep thing...

then we STOPPED abusing it.. and i reckon half of our rep nuggets are legi! just that.. we ended up with too much rep power... so it seems like it's been abused... but... if its legi then its not abused right...?

*legi... as in... meaningful/purposeful

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Closed Thread