Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

View Poll Results: To redo or not to redo.... that is the question
Completely wipe current reps and start over 9 32.14%
Leave as it is 13 46.43%
Do not care. 6 21.43%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 03:43 PM   #1
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Server: Teva
Spirit has disabled reputation
Rep System: To redo or not to redo.... that is the question

Okay, after a lot of dicussion about the current repping system and a renovation of how rep points are given, we are debating on completely wiping the current reps and letting everyone start over from scratch following the new repping system.
So, this is your chance to voice your opinion. Please remain nice and friendly and do not flame anyone for not having the same opinion as you.

Redoing the rep system will allow some of the new members a better chance of not feeling left out, since with the new repping system, it would be impossible for them to ever catch up to the members that have 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 rep bars.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72

Last edited by Spirit; 03-04-2008 at 03:45 PM..
Old 03-04-2008, 04:00 PM   #2
booyah8876
.:~*♥*~:.

In-Game Name: booyah8877
Current Level: 88.65
booyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to booyah8876 Send a message via Yahoo to booyah8876 Send a message via Skype™ to booyah8876
*first leave it alone xD*

But yeah... I don't really think it's something like a race... I mean... it's nice if I get some, but doesn't matter if I don't.

I care that it's left alone because of the people that've been here before...

but really.

Leave it alone.

Originally Posted by el eye Zee
Lol. He said, "I'll punch you in the boob." and I was like, "I'll punch you in the bawlz and we both know that hurts more D<" and he was like, "I won't let you." and I was like, "d00d.. ur a tiny piece of sheet. u punch, i punch. mine will hurt more." and then he was like, "People are probably talking to me. g2g."
I pay to play the RL MMORPG, College. 4 years grinding in college gets you a piece of paper for the rest of your life and you can buy enough stuff to +9 your car//house.

liZ
Old 03-04-2008, 04:20 PM   #3
Valentines
Will you be mine ?

In-Game Name: DieRomantiic
Current Level: 20
Valentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud of
Meh, not worth it at this point.
Old 03-04-2008, 04:23 PM   #4
iDerrick
Symphony

Tournaments Won: 2

iDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant future
It wouldnt matter if we wiped it, people will still abuse the rep system whether you like it or not.
Old 03-04-2008, 04:24 PM   #5
Patches
think before you type

In-Game Name: Patches
Current Level: 90 Warrior
Patches is a splendid one to beholdPatches is a splendid one to beholdPatches is a splendid one to beholdPatches is a splendid one to beholdPatches is a splendid one to beholdPatches is a splendid one to beholdPatches is a splendid one to behold
I say leave it alone. I don't think it is that big of a deal.
Old 03-04-2008, 04:30 PM   #6
+Tequila+
Blue Clover Trumpy

In-Game Name: Braver
Current Level: 126
Server: Wildlands(PvP)
+Tequila+ will become famous soon enough+Tequila+ will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to +Tequila+ Send a message via MSN to +Tequila+
Hmmm even though I dont really post here much anymore heres my 2 cents: Rep should be given to active contributers *by this I mean information and help to other members* to this fansite. I remember a while back * a few weeks or months* there was a thread in M.O.S with people jus repping each other in it. That shouldnt happen the old rep system was used and abused by some but others actually worked to achieve high reps. If you are switching to a new rep system then by all means wipe the accumulated rep. IF you ACTIVELY contribute to the purpose of this site then it shouldnt bother you because you will simply get your rep back. Spirit has a good point about the wipe being fair to new members. Hmm just think of this wipe like it is: For Great Justice *sorry had to throw that in*

Jade Dynasty:Braver:13X:Balo
-Heaven Alliance Captain:Stardust Marshall-
Old 03-04-2008, 05:00 PM   #7
Hyper
Sucked back into the 'net

In-Game Name: An occupation
Current Level: 8 hours a day
Server: 4reL-lyfe
Hyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these parts
Wipe... I guess.

If you're going to completely re-do the rep system, you might as well start over. That was abuse would go unnoticed and not be as big of a deal.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:06 PM   #8
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Spirit has disabled reputation
The new rep system that has already been put into affect, greatly reducing the amount of rep points that each member can give. So, (example), where last week I could +rep someone and it would alter them by 1 or 2 bars, now I cannot even alter their rep by adding any bars unless they are already close to getting another bar.
By wiping everyone and starting over, it clears out all the abuse that happened in the past and any future abuse will not affect the system as greatly as it has done in the past, because repping power has been reduced.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 03-04-2008, 05:39 PM   #9
Ulrike
Senior Torturer

In-Game Name: Ulrike
Current Level: 6x
Server: Bijou
Ulrike will become famous soon enoughUlrike will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Ulrike
I say leave it alone as well. I'm still not 100% clear on just what the issue is, but gut feeling says it's not a pressing issue

:: reflection ::

set by loveless
Old 03-04-2008, 09:29 PM   #10
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by Ulrike View Post
I say leave it alone as well. I'm still not 100% clear on just what the issue is, but gut feeling says it's not a pressing issue
We have raised the question of whether members would want the system to be wiped to get rid of the "gap" between those who already have lots of reputation, and those who doesn't.

Spirit pretty much explained it in her previous post.

Just say, with the old system, we could get someone to 10 bars in 5 days. But with the new system now, it will take someone 10 days to get to 10 bars. Meaning it will take twice as long for people to gain the amount of rep others have now. (Btw, I just made the numbers up on the spot, it is not real).

But, if we restart the system, then everyone will start from 0 again and like Spirit said, it will get rid of the abuse that's been used on the rep system.

It may not be a big issue to certain members, but we want to fix this issue now rather than leaving it till later when there are more members, and probably more "mess" to fix up.

So yeap.

So far the poll is pretty... even... D: More opinions please!