Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 12:11 PM   #21
Lady-Loki
sane, so says the voices

Tower Defense 2007 Champion!Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Lady_Loki | Lady_Raine | Lady_Leilani | Lady_Danae | Lady_Julietta
Current Level: this changes more often than I care to update this detail
Server: Teva (main) Epith (secondary) other 2 (fallback)
Lady-Loki has disabled reputation

IMHO I don't think it should be voted on over and over again. it was voted on at that time and that should be the end of it.

And face it, if I go join a forum on, oh, idk, let's say Rose Online - if I join today everyone there would most likely have more rep than I do simply because I joined so much later than they did. And I certainly wouldn't expect them to wipe it all off just because I find that months before there was a repping spree. That was before I joined so I would just accept it.

If we open it to vote every time someone new to the forums is told that there once was a repping spree then we might as well eliminate it completely because there is always going to be someone new who did not get to vote the last time by the mere fact that they weren't even part of these forums for the last vote.

Please click my Dragon Eggs to help my babies along.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
And, just for the heck of it, you can visit my mini city to help my population grow:
<--youarehere
Old 10-06-2008, 12:28 PM   #22
+Tequila+
Blue Clover Trumpy

In-Game Name: Braver
Current Level: 126
Server: Wildlands(PvP)
+Tequila+ will become famous soon enough+Tequila+ will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to +Tequila+ Send a message via MSN to +Tequila+
Originally Posted by Blaaaaaaaah View Post
I was going to make a long reply to this but I figured whatever I'm going to say, you won't change your mind.

For everyone else - the last vote for this was 68.75% of the people wanted to leave the reputation the way it is. It was anonymous, even I don't know who voted what. But the decision goes towards what the majority favours. By majority, I mean the members who takes their time and put in their efforts to vote.

Edit: @Spirit: Last vote was only 2 months ago.
lol u finally get the picture.^.~ Ty for not typing some annoying wall of text trying to prove me wrong.

Originally Posted by Lady-Loki View Post
IMHO I don't think it should be voted on over and over again. it was voted on at that time and that should be the end of it.

And face it, if I go join a forum on, oh, idk, let's say Rose Online - if I join today everyone there would most likely have more rep than I do simply because I joined so much later than they did. And I certainly wouldn't expect them to wipe it all off just because I find that months before there was a repping spree. That was before I joined so I would just accept it.

If we open it to vote every time someone new to the forums is told that there once was a repping spree then we might as well eliminate it completely because there is always going to be someone new who did not get to vote the last time by the mere fact that they weren't even part of these forums for the last vote.
Doesnt matter really if its voted on or not..the ones who went on the reppin spree are majority of the voters nuff said.

Jade Dynasty:Braver:13X:Balo
-Heaven Alliance Captain:Stardust Marshall-
Old 10-06-2008, 01:13 PM   #23
Vasu
Malingerer

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: None
Current Level: None
Server: None
Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice
I'm not talking about the repping spree here. It's just that the power of repping has been decreased dramatically. If everyone's rep could be reset, not completely, but to what it would be like with the new rules, then it's fair. Like now, I have no hope of getting the gazillion bars that Bla~ahs has (not targeting you here or saying that you didn't deserve it), even if people rep me as many times as they rep her. Understand?

Credits to Loveless for the great signature!
We rode on the winds of the rising storm
We ran to the sounds of thunder
We danced among the lightning bolts
And tore the world asunder

Old 10-06-2008, 06:24 PM   #24
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
How do you know how many bars Blahs has now? >.> She's hidden her rep.

At any rate, do you even need a gazillion bars?
Old 10-06-2008, 06:58 PM   #25
Rof
oh look! nvm!

Tournaments Won: 26

In-Game Name: Rofellos, Lithon_Jr
Current Level: 7x, 4x
Server: Teva
Rof has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Rof Send a message via Yahoo to Rof
interesting thread...

let me take both sides...

bad side:

just like what teq said, yes we did vote before, but the MAJORITY of those who voted for keeping it are the ones who has BENEFITED on that repping spree mentioned...(lol i was not that active that time)

so on what i can see recently, the staffs are doing everything to change the system, so why not think about this topic just like you guys changed the BANNING of MEMBERS rule...we dont wanna see some extreme measures before we realize something again right??

good side:

for those who just recently joined this forum... we really could care less how much nuggets you have under your name... especially knowing that those people with GAZILLION(/ralath) nuggets only have that because of the said repping spree... to make it easy for you guys, you can call those FAKE REP because maybe, JUST MAYBE... they really didnt DESERVE that GAZILLION nuggets... LOL!

ALL in ALL:

lets just let the staffs RUN the show... if you dont like it, dont watch it...just like that...

G____G Member
Signature courtesy of Yosei! <3
And I also want you to visit
Rofelandia. Thanks! lol
Are you daring to challenge MY BRUTE?

G____G Antics...

Originally Posted by Ralath View Post
What are rolling pins?

Bowling pins?
Originally Posted by Hessah View Post
-come feel stupid with me ralath-
Old 10-06-2008, 07:10 PM   #26
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Server: Teva
Spirit has disabled reputation
Actually, if I remember correctly. Most of the ones with the high number of bars were pushing to get it reset. If I could find the thread, I know that i made several posts about starting it over would make it fair to all the new members. However, that was back when it was first up for discussion. The fact still remains, that those of us that have been on the forums for over a year and tend to answer a lot of people's questions, will have higher bars. My last 15 or so reps have been because I answered questions. If you are helpful, people tend to rep you for it.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 10-06-2008, 09:22 PM   #27
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
Also, Vasu, the last time FF had a vote, you were a member then. And yet, you didn't vote because you weren't active at the time. That doesn't seem exactly fair either.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:33 PM   #28
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
I think Vasu is trying to say we should reduce our "old" nuggets to wat it should be now...

so like.. if i had 20 reps.. on the old system i might have scored 4 nuggets, but on the new system its only 2 nuggets, so my nuggets should come down...

The problem is... I dont think that's technically possible for us... so it's all or nothing... 100% wipe or stay.

Vasu - surely the satisfaction of seeing people say "Thank you for your help!" in your +rep, beats the "Vasu's name is known to all" comment...?

I'm sure most if your reps are from helping around, esp wiki~

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 10-07-2008, 12:10 AM   #29
+Tequila+
Blue Clover Trumpy

In-Game Name: Braver
Current Level: 126
Server: Wildlands(PvP)
+Tequila+ will become famous soon enough+Tequila+ will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to +Tequila+ Send a message via MSN to +Tequila+
Originally Posted by Vasu View Post
I'm not talking about the repping spree here. It's just that the power of repping has been decreased dramatically. If everyone's rep could be reset, not completely, but to what it would be like with the new rules, then it's fair. Like now, I have no hope of getting the gazillion bars that Bla~ahs has (not targeting you here or saying that you didn't deserve it), even if people rep me as many times as they rep her. Understand?
lol We stated this time and time again...they didnt change anything. Oh and yes she was one of the ones doing it ^.~.

Most people have good memories.

Also, Vasu, the last time FF had a vote, you were a member then. And yet, you didn't vote because you weren't active at the time. That doesn't seem exactly fair either.
lol Again no point in others voting when the majority of the active members here are the ones who abused rep.

I think Vasu is trying to say we should reduce our "old" nuggets to wat it should be now...

so like.. if i had 20 reps.. on the old system i might have scored 4 nuggets, but on the new system its only 2 nuggets, so my nuggets should come down...

The problem is... I dont think that's technically possible for us... so it's all or nothing... 100% wipe or stay.

Vasu - surely the satisfaction of seeing people say "Thank you for your help!" in your +rep, beats the "Vasu's name is known to all" comment...?

Its possible to reduce a persons rep if your admins*other then Entropy* are actually competent in using Vbulletins Admin Control Panel which I highly doubt they are.

Jade Dynasty:Braver:13X:Balo
-Heaven Alliance Captain:Stardust Marshall-
Old 10-07-2008, 12:34 AM   #30
Vasu
Malingerer

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: None
Current Level: None
Server: None
Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice

Is that the point here? I used Blaaahs as an example. Go and pick someone else if it makes you feel better.

Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
Actually, if I remember correctly. Most of the ones with the high number of bars were pushing to get it reset. If I could find the thread, I know that i made several posts about starting it over would make it fair to all the new members. However, that was back when it was first up for discussion. The fact still remains, that those of us that have been on the forums for over a year and tend to answer a lot of people's questions, will have higher bars. My last 15 or so reps have been because I answered questions. If you are helpful, people tend to rep you for it.
Like I said, I'm not saying whoever has their reps doesn't deserve them. Let me give an example. Before the change, let's assume you helped 10 guys who all repped you and thanked you for your help. After the change, someone else goes and helps the same 10 again, who once again thank that someone else and rep him/her. But this someone else hasn't gained as much rep as you for the same service despite the fact that the same 10 repped him/her.

Obviously, older members have higher reps if they've been helpful. It would be foolhardy not to acknowledge that. However that's besides the point, like I said in my example, a newbie who's been repped as much as you, doesn't get anything close to as much rep as you.

This once again Ralath, is beside the point. Yes, I was inactive, and didn't vote. And I wouldn't have voted if I was active, because neither of the two options is what I want. A wipe-out of rep is unfair to the old members who've amassed large amounts of it over time. And not changing anything is unfair to the newer members. So what I am suggesting is what Hessah said below.

That's precisely what I mean

Once again, I'm not battling for my personal rep. It just seems to me that you guys have introduced something that further maims the rep system. And I am certainly not suggesting that I want to become famous and renowned.

Credits to Loveless for the great signature!
We rode on the winds of the rising storm
We ran to the sounds of thunder
We danced among the lightning bolts
And tore the world asunder

Closed Thread