Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 08:16 PM   #21
DarkPysics
Older King Coll

In-Game Name: Dark_Knights XXTheDarknessxX Xx_Acid_Burn_xX Haxl33twtfBBWFTW
Current Level: 50,16,13,2
Server: Teva
DarkPysics has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to DarkPysics

* Duck Tape moparisthebest Mouth* you have Such a Dirty dirty Mouth

http://darkpysics.wordpress.com/

Old 06-29-2008, 12:26 AM   #22
moparisthebest
Mushroom Fighter

Current Level: 6x
Server: Apoline
moparisthebest is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Blaaaaaaaah View Post
Have you ever wondered why "the F word" is considered a swear word and not an ordinary word? Though we may not stop kids from visiting other sites that exposes them to such material, we can stop it from happening here and since we can do that, we wish to do so.

You may not think there's anything wrong with it, but there are young kids here who may not be exposed to such words as much as you do. There are also adults with children here, who may disapprove of excessive swearing. You may not see a problem, but that does not mean the whole FiestaFan community will see the same way as you.

Please be considerate for others when posting here. Occasional swearing is okay, but when it gets to the level of swearing you had done originally, it is over the line. There is really no need to include swear words so many times. You can have a check on the other All The Rage threads, and see how others can express frustration without the use of excessive swearing.

Thank you.

And it is really bad luck about the internet, happens to me too from time to time. Hope it doesn't happen again to you.
I asked a question and all you said was that swearing is not allowed. I'm not going to swear anymore if it's against the rules here. But that does not answer the question of what's so bad about kids seeing it. Because even if they don't see it here, and I doubt they won't, they WILL see it/hear it somewhere. Are you a parent? Have you ever sworn when you were a kid?

Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
Using it at LEAST 5 times if not more in the title and using it at LEAST 50 times in your post is going overboard. You can get your point across without going to those extremes. There was no sense in it. Put it once in your post and we would have let it stay. using it over and over and over is extreme extreme extreme extreme extreme extreme extreme extreme. <---- did I really need that many? Using it as EVERY OTHER Word over and over and over and over in your post is not needed.

Use discretion.
Okay. So it's okay to use it onece/twice in a thread if we're mad right? What does it make a difference to 50 times if they see it anyway..

Originally Posted by bloodrops View Post
Hey hey, if you're going to complain about something that you're getting nowhere with, just stop it. If you want to allow using F words in forums, how about creating your own where it's PG-13 and using swear words? As long as you're in this forum, you stick to the rules made for this forum. If you have anything more to complain about, I suggest you either stop, or leave. Opinions supporting my idea were already posted, if you're going to say...

again...read the whole thread again, and think things over.

Replying to some of your other posts...

--> Because it was done in some other threads, it doesn't mean you can use it as well. Rules are rules. No matter how many people you see that break the rules, don't follow them.

--> Woo...a generalization..."No kids here cares..." Hmm, first, how do you know? And from who's point of view are you saying that? And yeah, face it, rules are rules. Rules are made to be followed. Talking about rules again, if they're not taken into consideration to follow, the world you live in would be chaotic - face it.

I may have made it too straight forward and they may sound rude to you, but "face it" again...you provoked this. Please take everyone's sayings into consideration and think over about your actions on this thread. Thanks.

Okay lets say I won't do it again. But I think you should stop any thread/post that contains a swear word.

If they already swear or see/hear these words being said why would they care? They aren't going to fuss the whole day about a word.

EDIT: Another question.
What's the point in a "All the Rage" board if swearing isn't allowed? Isn't it for people to release their anger? It doesn't feel good if you just say it plainly.. swearing = feeling better

Last edited by moparisthebest; 06-29-2008 at 12:36 AM..
Old 06-29-2008, 12:58 AM   #23
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
All the Rage is meant for members to vent their anger but you can do that without excessive amounts of profanities. There are ways to express your anger without swearing. Again, once or twice will be let through but excessive anything becomes rather distasteful. Not just for kids but for adults too.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:20 AM   #24
moparisthebest
Mushroom Fighter

Originally Posted by Loveless View Post
All the Rage is meant for members to vent their anger but you can do that without excessive amounts of profanities. There are ways to express your anger without swearing. Again, once or twice will be let through but excessive anything becomes rather distasteful. Not just for kids but for adults too.
Why do you let it once or twice? Wouldn't it be better to not allow any swear words at all? That would not expose any swear words to kids.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:34 AM   #25
Warning_Shot
Angry Wolf

In-Game Name: Warning_Shot / _Ike_
Current Level: 3x / 2x
Warning_Shot has a spectacular aura aboutWarning_Shot has a spectacular aura aboutWarning_Shot has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Warning_Shot
Originally Posted by moparisthebest View Post
Why do you let it once or twice? Wouldn't it be better to not allow any swear words at all? That would not expose any swear words to kids.
I can garuntee that kids these days have heard almost every swear word out there, but that's not why you should have the right to swear left and right.

What if some kid looks up to you on the forums? And when he sees you swearing like there's no tomorrow, what do you think he thinks is the cool thing to do? Swear like there's no tomorrow, just because you did.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:08 AM   #26
moparisthebest
Mushroom Fighter

Originally Posted by Warning_Shot View Post
I can garuntee that kids these days have heard almost every swear word out there, but that's not why you should have the right to swear left and right.

What if some kid looks up to you on the forums? And when he sees you swearing like there's no tomorrow, what do you think he thinks is the cool thing to do? Swear like there's no tomorrow, just because you did.
I didn't say that I have the right to swear left and right. I only thought that the board was to let people release their anger, and the best way is to swear, but since that's not allowed then..

Why would they think that it's a cool thing to swear? Chances are that the kid already knows swear words so they wouldn't really care about seeing swear words would they? By saying that the kid is influenced by me then you're expressing the point that kids don't know what is good or bad and that they can't think for themselves..
And naw why would they look up to me? o.o it's the admins that they look up to.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:26 AM   #27
Sinto
Skeleton

In-Game Name: Sinto
Current Level: 80. And staying there.
Sinto is on a distinguished road
Why don't you think about yourself for a moment.

One day, you have a kid that's like, 4 or 5. Then he/she keeps on swearing here and there. Is it something a kid should learn? This may be All The Rage. But you can keep it at a lower paste, right? There ARE some kids that might be lower than age 10 here. Who knows. But that doesn't mean you have the right to swear even though you think that there AREN'T any. How would you like it if you are in a meeting, and someone keeps on swearing about it loudly with a excessive tone and never-ending amount of swears? Annoying, and people will lose respect for him, and will ban him from the meeting. The same goes here.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:39 AM   #28
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by moparisthebest View Post
Just like in real life, the mods have warned you to tone it down. Simple as that, there's no if and or buts about it. They cannot prevent profanities 100% but they can and will lessen the amount of it on the forums. I'd like to think that the majority of the members on FF are mature enough to let one or two slide without going nuts about it (OMG YOU SWORE!!) but again, it is distasteful to see an excessive amount of foul language. And yes, it's a social thing and people will regard you will little respect.

Also, All the Rage does not mean you can swear. You can vent, but there are other ways of expressing anger. I've sworn before, I am definitely no saint. But you'll more than likely see me putting in symbols rather than the actual word. Leave it to the imagination.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:43 AM   #29
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Alright.

Here's a wikipedia link to swearing if you need it.

Surely we don't need to fetch a dictionary for you? Swearing = conventionally seen as offensive and insulting, hence we don't allow it. It's not even just for kids. I'm sure many other regular members sees it as pretty degrading - degrading for the forum as well as the swearer him/herself.

I hope the wikipedia link will help you find out more about swearing, and if that still doesn't satisfy you, google is your friend.

If all else fails, please proceed to PM an admin or mod about this, or ask about it more in Talk with the Mods, or make a thread in Site Suggestions and Feedback and tell us why you think swearing is allowed. Though I think that's pretty unnecessary because the chances of changing that is close to nil.

Edit: We allow it occasionally because we're not going to be that strict and remove every single swear word on the forums. But when it's used excessively like you did, we decided to remove it. Simple as that.

I will move the posts if we still continue to discuss this matter, as it's going completely off topic from the original post. But, I don't really see the need for it.

Now I'm sure you don't want your own thread to continue on with this matter. May I steer this back on topic for you?

----

I don't get disconnected from the Internet often, but we do get storms here every now and then that just randomly restarts the comp. Really sucks when you've got something going on, like an almost finished Honeying KQ! Sigh.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:59 AM   #30
moparisthebest
Mushroom Fighter

Originally Posted by Sinto View Post
Why don't you think about yourself for a moment.

One day, you have a kid that's like, 4 or 5. Then he/she keeps on swearing here and there. Is it something a kid should learn? This may be All The Rage. But you can keep it at a lower paste, right? There ARE some kids that might be lower than age 10 here. Who knows. But that doesn't mean you have the right to swear even though you think that there AREN'T any. How would you like it if you are in a meeting, and someone keeps on swearing about it loudly with a excessive tone and never-ending amount of swears? Annoying, and people will lose respect for him, and will ban him from the meeting. The same goes here.
Every kid in there will swear in their life. So it's a I-don't-care because they-will-swear. Okay why don't YOU think about the KIDS for a moment. Again you're saying that a 4 or 5 year old kid will get influenced and start to swear. Like I said, they know for themselves what to do and what not to do so, please, don't act like they need teaching all the time. Kids aren't pets nor toys. Well for a guy swearing at a meeting that will be pretty annoying. But I swore here and you can't hear any sound of it. You can choose to ignore it, and I'm not spamming multi threads on it. But you have no choice but to hear that guy's swearing >.> here you have a choice

Originally Posted by Loveless View Post
Just like in real life, the mods have warned you to tone it down. Simple as that, there's no if and or buts about it. They cannot prevent profanities 100% but they can and will lessen the amount of it on the forums. I'd like to think that the majority of the members on FF are mature enough to let one or two slide without going nuts about it (OMG YOU SWORE!!) but again, it is distasteful to see an excessive amount of foul language. And yes, it's a social thing and people will regard you will little respect.

Also, All the Rage does not mean you can swear. You can vent, but there are other ways of expressing anger. I've sworn before, I am definitely no saint. But you'll more than likely see me putting in symbols rather than the actual word. Leave it to the imagination.
I'm not complaining. I'm asking a simple question that is all. Then I'm expressing my opinions. If 1 or 2 swear words are allowed then what is all this "there are kids" for?

Originally Posted by Blaaaaaaaah View Post
Alright.

Here's a wikipedia link to swearing if you need it.

Surely we don't need to fetch a dictionary for you? Swearing = conventionally seen as offensive and insulting, hence we don't allow it. It's not even just for kids. I'm sure many other regular members sees it as pretty degrading - degrading for the forum as well as the swearer him/herself.

I hope the wikipedia link will help you find out more about swearing, and if that still doesn't satisfy you, google is your friend.

If all else fails, please proceed to PM an admin or mod about this, or ask about it more in Talk with the Mods, or make a thread in Site Suggestions and Feedback and tell us why you think swearing is allowed. Though I think that's pretty unnecessary because the chances of changing that is close to nil.

Edit: We allow it occasionally because we're not going to be that strict and remove every single swear word on the forums. But when it's used excessively like you did, we decided to remove it. Simple as that.

I will move the posts if we still continue to discuss this matter, as it's going completely off topic from the original post. But, I don't really see the need for it.

Now I'm sure you don't want your own thread to continue on with this matter. May I steer this back on topic for you?

----

I don't get disconnected from the Internet often, but we do get storms here every now and then that just randomly restarts the comp. Really sucks when you've got something going on, like an almost finished Honeying KQ! Sigh.
I'm not asking for the definition of swearing, thanks. The discussion is about the effect of swearing on kids (and people now) not about defining swearing. And I didn't offend or insult anybody when swearing. Sigh seeing as you don't like to take in people's opinions, go ahead and do whatever you want with this thread. I don't want any more c--- aswell.

Last edited by moparisthebest; 06-29-2008 at 03:13 AM..
Closed Thread