Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 09:00 AM   #11
moparisthebest
Mushroom Fighter

Current Level: 6x
Server: Apoline
moparisthebest is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Blaaaaaaaah View Post
http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4813
That doesn't answer the question.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:00 AM   #12
Sero
Jizz King

In-Game Name: SerodinSliver | GoldenMirrodin | DarkMirrodin |
Current Level: 90 | 55 | 74
Server: Teva
Sero has a spectacular aura aboutSero has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Sero Send a message via Yahoo to Sero
@ Spirit ~ ubandance = abundance? o.O

And yes, though that happens when we all grow up just deal with this whole thing being PG-13. Dun like it? Then -points at A_F's post-

take me above your light
carry me through the night
Originally Posted by vasu619 View Post
Ugh...Serodin is on a roll...

Note to self: Nevar EVAR get Serodin talking about umm, sticks with sacks.
Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
Another note for handling Sero: do not get him started about moms.
Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
I agree with Blaaaahs. Serodin cracks me up.

Oh and for the record, I am weird.
Originally Posted by hyperswoss View Post
Serodin is my hot, hot, sex~ ^.~
hold me secure in flight
sing me to sleep tonight
Old 06-28-2008, 09:05 AM   #13
moparisthebest
Mushroom Fighter

Current Level: 6x
Server: Apoline
moparisthebest is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by SerodinSilver View Post
@ Spirit ~ ubandance = abundance? o.O

And yes, though that happens when we all grow up just deal with this whole thing being PG-13. Dun like it? Then -points at A_F's post-
I'll repeat it again?
Old 06-28-2008, 09:08 AM   #14
Sero
Jizz King

In-Game Name: SerodinSliver | GoldenMirrodin | DarkMirrodin |
Current Level: 90 | 55 | 74
Sero has a spectacular aura aboutSero has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Sero Send a message via Yahoo to Sero
No thanks cause IDC much XD

The internet pisses me off too though, if that's been happening to you, it has been happening to me as well, a lot x_x and the disconnections are... Ugh they happen when Spider is about to end or GS is about to die~if not when I take on 2 mobs at a time when I go questing~

/stuck at same level FTL

take me above your light
carry me through the night
Originally Posted by vasu619 View Post
Ugh...Serodin is on a roll...

Note to self: Nevar EVAR get Serodin talking about umm, sticks with sacks.
Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
Another note for handling Sero: do not get him started about moms.
Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
I agree with Blaaaahs. Serodin cracks me up.

Oh and for the record, I am weird.
Originally Posted by hyperswoss View Post
Serodin is my hot, hot, sex~ ^.~
hold me secure in flight
sing me to sleep tonight
Old 06-28-2008, 09:48 AM   #15
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by moparisthebest View Post
Have you ever wondered why "the F word" is considered a swear word and not an ordinary word? Though we may not stop kids from visiting other sites that exposes them to such material, we can stop it from happening here and since we can do that, we wish to do so.

You may not think there's anything wrong with it, but there are young kids here who may not be exposed to such words as much as you do. There are also adults with children here, who may disapprove of excessive swearing. You may not see a problem, but that does not mean the whole FiestaFan community will see the same way as you.

Please be considerate for others when posting here. Occasional swearing is okay, but when it gets to the level of swearing you had done originally, it is over the line. There is really no need to include swear words so many times. You can have a check on the other All The Rage threads, and see how others can express frustration without the use of excessive swearing.

Thank you.

And it is really bad luck about the internet, happens to me too from time to time. Hope it doesn't happen again to you.
Old 06-28-2008, 02:56 PM   #16
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Spirit has disabled reputation
How is the F word going to affect the kids? They're going to 'turn bad' and start swearing? Seriously all that "it's bad for the kids" talk is bluff
So really stop acting like the kids don't know how to think..
Using it at LEAST 5 times if not more in the title and using it at LEAST 50 times in your post is going overboard. You can get your point across without going to those extremes. There was no sense in it. Put it once in your post and we would have let it stay. using it over and over and over is extreme extreme extreme extreme extreme extreme extreme extreme. <---- did I really need that many? Using it as EVERY OTHER Word over and over and over and over in your post is not needed.

Use discretion.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72

Last edited by Spirit; 06-28-2008 at 04:47 PM..
Old 06-28-2008, 03:29 PM   #17
Lady-Loki
sane, so says the voices

Tower Defense 2007 Champion!Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Lady_Loki | Lady_Raine | Lady_Leilani | Lady_Danae | Lady_Julietta
Current Level: this changes more often than I care to update this detail
Server: Teva (main) Epith (secondary) other 2 (fallback)
Lady-Loki has disabled reputation
I spoke with my 13 yr old granddaughter yesterday and found she was grounded. No Internet, no cell phone, no text messaging - for an indeterminate length of time.

She wouldn't tell me why, but since I needed to speak to her mom to see if she could go to the movies with us tomorrow I was able to get the answer - her mom saw her text messages with a friend where they both used the F word and even though she tried to defend herself with "Everybody says it! It's no worse than any other cuss word!" her mother informed her she didn't care what the rest of the kids did that she made the rules for this particular kid.

Yes, kids will and do see it, but when it is used as casually and as often as it is then kids tend to forget it is not acceptable, they let down their guard and they get busted my mom and grounded for an indeterminate length of time.

I feel bad for her being grounded like this during summer break, but she needs to understand it is still not a mainstream conversation word, regardless of how often she see it used or sees it on the Internet.

Bottom line is that on this forum we do have some younger members who we do not want grounded if their mom walked in and saw your post.

Please click my Dragon Eggs to help my babies along.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
And, just for the heck of it, you can visit my mini city to help my population grow:
<--youarehere
Old 06-28-2008, 04:34 PM   #18
bloodrops
Weakened Ogre

In-Game Name: Vividia
Current Level: 56/37/53/
Server: Teva <3
bloodrops is on a distinguished road
How is the F word going to affect the kids? They're going to 'turn bad' and start swearing? Seriously all that "it's bad for the kids" talk is bluff
So really stop acting like the kids don't know how to think..
I never said I didn't appreciate it here. But face it. No kid here cares if they see a bad word or not.
Hey hey, if you're going to complain about something that you're getting nowhere with, just stop it. If you want to allow using F words in forums, how about creating your own where it's PG-13 and using swear words? As long as you're in this forum, you stick to the rules made for this forum. If you have anything more to complain about, I suggest you either stop, or leave. Opinions supporting my idea were already posted, if you're going to say...
again...read the whole thread again, and think things over.

Replying to some of your other posts...

I see bad words on the net all the time so what's so horrible about it here o.o I mean I've spotted bad words on other threads aswell
--> Because it was done in some other threads, it doesn't mean you can use it as well. Rules are rules. No matter how many people you see that break the rules, don't follow them.

I never said I didn't appreciate it here. But face it. No kid here cares if they see a bad word or not.
--> Woo...a generalization..."No kids here cares..." Hmm, first, how do you know? And from who's point of view are you saying that? And yeah, face it, rules are rules. Rules are made to be followed. Talking about rules again, if they're not taken into consideration to follow, the world you live in would be chaotic - face it.

I may have made it too straight forward and they may sound rude to you, but "face it" again...you provoked this. Please take everyone's sayings into consideration and think over about your actions on this thread. Thanks.
Comatose
I'll never wake up without an overdose of You
I don't wanna live, I dont wanna breathe
'Les I feel you next to me
You take the pain I feel
Waking up to You never felt so real
I don't wanna sleep, I don't wanna dream
'Cause my dreams don't comfort me
The way You make me feel
Waking up to You never felt so real

Old 06-28-2008, 06:37 PM   #19
Belaslav
Yank me.

In-Game Name: -quit-
Current Level: -quit-
Belaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Belaslav
How is the F word going to affect the kids? They're going to 'turn bad' and start swearing?
Not necessarily. But the less they are exposed to it, the less chance that they will use them here or in real life. Isn't that one of the ultimate goals of any parent? We are just one of the many "stopping points" to prevent it's spread before the kids turn mature and realize that it's not necessary to use those words to vent out their frustration or to prove something.

Free software for Virus, Malware, Adware and Spyware protection: Avast and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Those of you using Firefox I recommend NoScript and AdBlock Plus addons.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:10 PM   #20
Carmasa
Marlone Clan Soldier

Carmasa is infamous around these parts
Send a message via AIM to Carmasa
Let us all drop our testes and sprout-a-lump-or-two on our chests.

People, this is a rant, get over it. If you don't want to see it, it's in your best interest to leave as soon as you see the first swear word.

I'm pretty sure the O/P didn't want to cause all of this idiotic chatter amongst over-offensive people. >_>
Closed Thread