Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 09-23-2009, 12:35 PM   #1
Lirange
Bad Kid

Computer Help.

What would i need to upgrade to play this game without no lag.
My system.
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 9/23/2009, 07:32:44
Machine name: HOME
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Dell DXP051
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A02
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 510MB RAM

The game's min and recommended system requirements.
Minimum:
Processor - 2.2GHz Pentium 4 / AMD 2400+ or faster
RAM - 1GB of RAM
Video Card - GeForce 5 and ATI 9800 w/ 128 MB VRAM
Windows XP, Win2k or Windows Vista
Network Connection Required
Recommended:
Processor - 2.0GHz Core 2 Duo / AMD 3500+ or faster
RAM - 1.5GB or higher
Video Card - 256MB Geforce 7800+ or Radeon X1900+
Network Connection Required (Broadband)
Old 09-23-2009, 01:23 PM   #2
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
You don't have your video-card information on there.

Your RAM doesn't seem to meet their minimum requirements and there's no info about your connection.
Ivramire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:33 PM   #3
a.L
A to the R to the K

a.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud of
Note: if you plan on buy some more RAM, make sure it fits into the slot inside your computer...
a.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:11 PM   #4
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
1. Graphics card is most likely ATI Radeon x600. This card was released 4 years ago, which means you may experience low FPS.

2. RAM for this motherboard is of type DDR2 SDRAM. 1 GB is far below the norm. For gaming, consider the "Recommended" settings as the minimum. I personally consider 4 GB the minimum standard for 2009.

3. SP3 may increase your performance by a small amount. I personally recommend using XP SP3 until 7 is officially released. I run 7 currently, and have slightly better performance than XP SP3.

4. You did not specify what game. If you wanted to play Crysis on highest settings, I would suggest you buy a new computer. Whereas this is posted on a Fiesta forum, the ambiguity remains.

@Ivra: Unless he's running dial-up, internet is not an issue. Basic DSL (768 kbps) is slow, but will not cause noticeable lag.
Triumph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:16 PM   #5
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Server: Teva
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Triumph View Post
If you wanted to play Crysis on highest settings, I would suggest you buy a new computer.
If you want to run Crysis on highest settings I would suggest you build your own Beowulf cluster.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:06 PM   #6
Lirange
Bad Kid

Originally Posted by Triumph View Post
1. Graphics card is most likely ATI Radeon x600. This card was released 4 years ago, which means you may experience low FPS.

2. RAM for this motherboard is of type DDR2 SDRAM. 1 GB is far below the norm. For gaming, consider the "Recommended" settings as the minimum. I personally consider 4 GB the minimum standard for 2009.

3. SP3 may increase your performance by a small amount. I personally recommend using XP SP3 until 7 is officially released. I run 7 currently, and have slightly better performance than XP SP3.

4. You did not specify what game. If you wanted to play Crysis on highest settings, I would suggest you buy a new computer. Whereas this is posted on a Fiesta forum, the ambiguity remains.

@Ivra: Unless he's running dial-up, internet is not an issue. Basic DSL (768 kbps) is slow, but will not cause noticeable lag.
Oh okay thank you.
I just posted the first part of my dxdiag since i don't know how to get the other info.
I was just hoping for a graphics card fix.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:06 AM   #7
Belaslav
Yank me.

In-Game Name: -quit-
Current Level: -quit-
Belaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Belaslav
The funny part is, Crytek also had "Ultra High" setting, but was removed and will be put back in 18 months after the release date. Might as well build a custom comp instead of a cluster.

Free software for Virus, Malware, Adware and Spyware protection: Avast and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Those of you using Firefox I recommend NoScript and AdBlock Plus addons.
Belaslav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 07:55 AM   #8
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
I found a laptop on Craigslist. Seems like a pretty good deal.

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/sys/1340418088.html
Old 09-24-2009, 08:27 AM   #9
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
^O____o

Posting has expired....

Ralath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 08:34 AM   #10
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
In any case, if given the option, I would not recommend getting a gaming laptop. The only reason I am considering one myself is because I need the performance and the mobility, as desk space is limited for me.

Just build a good desktop.

An i7-900 series processor will last you for a good five years. Keep in mind this is the cream of the crop right now, but I don't foresee too many games requiring the equivalent of 13 GHz+ processing capability. Graphics cards will continue to be improved, but I don't see anything toppling the i7s anytime soon.

RAM is relatively cheap. 4 GB is the gaming standard, with 8 GB being my preferred level.

i7-975 EE = $999
ATI Radeon 5870 = $379.99
2x 2 GB DDR3 RAM = $85
Asus Rampage II - RoG = $359.99

You've just built yourself a decent computer for only $1825. It'll last 4 years by everyone else's standards except the elite of the elite gamers.

I consider most computers less than $1000 as substandard. Excluding Macs.

And if you buy a crappy case/fan, you will melt your table.
Triumph is offline   Reply With Quote