Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 02-28-2009, 06:31 AM   #1
Pritcher
Senior Torturer

Pritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Pritcher Send a message via MSN to Pritcher Send a message via Yahoo to Pritcher
Not old but not as young as I used to be...

Not quite middle-aged yet either. So what do people my age do? I guess most people are starting, or have started, their families and are working on their careers, but I'm just not there. :/

So anyway... I was reminded tonight that the club scene just isn't my thing anymore. I was about to get off work when I get a text telling me about this band playing at club and inviting me to come. I figured what the hell, right? It's been a while since I've gone out like that so I headed out.

I get there, pay the cover, and venture in. The first thing I think when I walk in is, "holy ****! It's really fricken loud here." The place was absolutely packed and it took me like 10 minutes just to find my group. Hello's and introductions were done with difficulty, since in order to hear anyone we had to be screaming about an inch from mouth to ear. Then I head to the bar to order some drinks and that took at least another 10 minutes, and nearly 50 bucks.

So, I have 3 or 4 drinks and a few beers and I even get out and dance a bit, (quite rare for me), but the whole time in the back of my mind I'm just thinking, "god... I would so rather just be at home relaxing." I mean, I had a fairly good time I guess, but... yeah it's just so loud and crowded and... whatever. It's just not for me anymore.

That's it really. Just rambling a bit about my night out and maybe looking for a bit of advice if anyone has it. Clubs just aren't my scene anymore, but I really don't know how else to socialize with new people outside of the internet I guess, and that doesn't really cut it. Kind of sad. So, what do people do after the clubbing phase is over when they don't have a family or a real career?

-------
I'm taking an indefinite break from Fiesta.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
Pritcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 06:57 AM   #2
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Yeah, I don't exactly get how some people think thats the only way to have a good time. I'd rather be at home watching a movie with a few close friends than getting sh*tfaced and trampled at a club.
Yosei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 07:14 AM   #3
Pritcher
Senior Torturer

Pritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Pritcher Send a message via MSN to Pritcher Send a message via Yahoo to Pritcher
Well it certainly isn't the only way to have a good time. I thoroughly enjoy simply hanging with friends and watching tv/movies or playing games too. The thing with that though is that nothing new ever really happens.

The clubbing thing, for me, was always more about meeting new people and stimulating social growth. I realized tonight that I don't really want to do the clubs anymore, but I'm still looking for the social growth aspect and I have no clue how to go about finding it now. :/

Something like that, not entirely sure I'm making great sense here. Just rambling again.

-------
I'm taking an indefinite break from Fiesta.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
Pritcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 11:54 AM   #4
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Server: Teva
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
I've been trying to figure that out, myself. I'm in the same boat. Somehow I managed to work in a profession where the workforce is mainly women over 60, so meeting people at work is a non-starter. I've had similiar expereinces with going "back" to clubs. I don't know how I ever met people in the first place. Hard to see, hard to hear. And I've not exactly kept up my youthful physique, so I don't have that going for me any more. If you figure anything out, do let me know, heh.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:56 PM   #5
Belaslav
Yank me.

In-Game Name: -quit-
Current Level: -quit-
Server: Teva
Belaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Belaslav
Lol, you're not old, I'm 18 and I HATE loud music. Period.

I don't mind the clubbing tho.

Free software for Virus, Malware, Adware and Spyware protection: Avast and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Those of you using Firefox I recommend NoScript and AdBlock Plus addons.
Belaslav is offline   Reply With Quote