Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 06:50 AM   #11
Falcomist
Bored Boar

In-Game Name: Falcomist
Falcomist will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Falcomist Send a message via MSN to Falcomist

lol that list is more or less accurate.

THIS is list is based on tournament performance with these characters and the capabilities and advantages they have among other characters.

Not all chars are good in brawl... Capt. Falcon SUCKS...

Anyways yea I prefer Melee then brawl but brawl is a good game in its on different style.

Old 09-15-2008, 04:52 AM   #12
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: lnfamous
Current Level: 6x
Server: Teva
MikeyG has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to MikeyG
Don't get Falc started on super smash...
Old 09-16-2008, 01:08 AM   #13
UserName
Jewel Grave Robber

In-Game Name: Disappear
Current Level: 2x
Server: Epith
UserName is on a distinguished road
i wish i had a wii=/
I played it before there.
Pit and metaknight were my favorite.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:32 PM   #14
kirbysprite
Would you like a fork?

Tournaments Won: 2

In-Game Name: kirbysprite | kirbycoke | kirbyade | kirbypunch
Current Level: 37|21|12|3
kirbysprite has disabled reputation
Wow, I thought this thread was dead, but it's not a month yet.

Anyway...

Who here, thinks Brawl is more balanced? Raise your hand.

Well, think again. Many people think Meta Knight is unbalanced and the best character in the game. Yeah, character, not characters. Let this guy explain from this thread.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=197057

Originally Posted by SamuraiPanda
Let me just say that I'm rather neutral in this debate. I think that MK is pretty broken right now, but I just believe we should definitely wait longer to explore other possible ways of beating him before taking any action. Also, yes, we are talking about this subject in the SBR, but no worries. Once banning MK becomes an actual possibility, we'll issue a warning to the boards (so MK mains will have time to see it coming) and we'll begin serious discussion, debate, and analysis of the metagame. To start this thread off, I figured I might as well share something I posted in the SBR regarding this subject. Keep in mind this is just my own words and opinions, AND THIS IS ONLY ABOUT THE HIGHEST LEVELS OF THE METAGAME. I don't care if you can beat your buddy's MK with Captain Falcon. That isn't what this is about. But anyways, here is the post:

"Well, one of the biggest problems with MK is just that he doesn't really have any even matchups or bad stages. He can't be counterpicked per se (with the possible exception of Diddy on FD, but I don't think Diddy can handle MK on many other stages).

Let me make a scenario for you to illustrate the biggest problem with MK so far. Lets say I use Mario in tournaments. Mario has a nearly unwinnable matchup against MK (or so I hear), so I need to use a secondary to take care of MK. But who do I pick up? Snake? No, MKs have learned how to beat all but the best Snakes out there. G&W? No, he still doesn't do great against MK. DDD, Falco, ROB? Nope, one of their worst matchups is MK right now. So I have to pick the one and only character that can handle MK: MK himself. Then I begin playing with MK so I can be good enough with him to make him my second... and I start to notice that I'm winning matches much more easily. I realize that no counterpick, be it a stage or a character, is bad for me because I can just switch to MK. I begin to rely on MK more and more whenever I feel pressured, so I start to pick him in the first game too, just to be safe. And that's when I discover that my MK, a character I only recently picked up, is better than my Mario in every possible situation. Soon I just stop playing Mario altogether because it is so much simpler and more effective to just play MK.

But lets assume there is no MK anymore, and Snake is the second best. Mario has a pretty tough matchup against Snake, so I have to pick up a secondary to beat him. Who do I pick up? Well, I have my choice from DDD, ROB, Falco, Pikachu, etc. There are quite a few characters I can choose from that do well, or even have an advantage against him (those characters above are actually hard counters). But each of those counterpick characters have their own inherent problems, bad matchups, and what not, so I can't really rely on them whenever I feel pressured against a character that goes even or has an advantage against them. In the end, I continue with Mario as my main and I use my second for Mario's difficult matchups but not much else. You know, what a second is supposed to be for.

Thats the biggest reason people are calling for MK's ban. In theory (and its actually happening currently), everyone will eventually switch to MK because they all need some sort of answer against him. And the worst part about this is that its like a virus. As soon as one good MK appears to tear up the competition in his region, a few people will realize that they need an answer to MK. So they pick up MK. Then because they pick up MK, more people need an answer to MK. So they pick up MK. Unfortunately, this isn't theorycraft or anything, since it has happened in several regions already and is becoming much more prevalent. Many high-level players have picked up MK in an effort to get him banned, and even tons of high-level MK players admit that MK should probably get banned. Of course, a big problem to this is the mindset people get into; matchups aren't set in stone, especially this early in the game, which is why I feel taking action now is much too soon. But one way or another, I can honestly see MK getting banned in a few months if a counter or two is not found soon."
Sorry walls of text.

Thanks cillia!

ks = kirbysprite
ks =\= kill steal
STOP THE CONFUSION!
Old 10-13-2008, 02:41 AM   #15
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath

=.=

That was indeed a wall of text....

But. Honestly. Who really cares?

I don't.

The guy said it himself, this only applies to the highest levels of the game... a level that I don't play at.

When I play, I just want to play with my friends with my favorite characters.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:39 PM   #16
kirbysprite
Would you like a fork?

Tournaments Won: 2

In-Game Name: kirbysprite | kirbycoke | kirbyade | kirbypunch
Current Level: 37|21|12|3
kirbysprite has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by Ralath View Post

=.=

That was indeed a wall of text....

But. Honestly. Who really cares?

I don't.

The guy said it himself, this only applies to the highest levels of the game... a level that I don't play at.

When I play, I just want to play with my friends with my favorite characters.
Yeah, I'm just posting just in case people really care... Yeah, many people may not care, but some people might, I hope.

If I only had this game, then I will be playing at a high level in the game. But for now, it's just me and my spamming with Pikachu, using Quacks really badly...

Thanks cillia!

ks = kirbysprite
ks =\= kill steal
STOP THE CONFUSION!
Old 10-13-2008, 11:39 PM   #17
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
Almost makes me want to dust off the Wii and start playing again. We'll see how all of those twitchy MK users like an Aether to the face.

Old 10-14-2008, 08:35 PM   #18
Pedobear
Marlone Megaton

In-Game Name: Thanatopsis
Current Level: 35
Pedobear will become famous soon enough
psh... MK is OP.

grab fox and shine spam your way to victory.
Old 11-15-2008, 11:18 AM   #19
Falcomist
Bored Boar

In-Game Name: Falcomist
Falcomist will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Falcomist Send a message via MSN to Falcomist
U know Metaknight is too good when certain states hold tourneys and ban Metaknight from tourney rofl.

Closed Thread