Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 05:35 AM   #1
JC annihilates
Hero Slime

In-Game Name: KisukeKatuba
Current Level: 18
Server: Teva
JC annihilates is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JC annihilates Send a message via Skype™ to JC annihilates
Sea of Greed balancing

I know there are a lot of threads regarding game balance, but I was curious if anyone knew whether Outspark has control of placement and type in regards to the enemies, because the sea of greed has nothing but monsters that aggro. Everytime I go there everyone is just standing around looking for a party to fight pirates because EVERYTHING attacks you save the mara pirate. Its crazy.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:40 AM   #2
Hyper
Sucked back into the 'net

In-Game Name: An occupation
Current Level: 8 hours a day
Server: 4reL-lyfe
Hyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these parts
Um...

Hate to break it to you, but that's how every single non-Roumen area map is. Sea of Greed and up.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:47 AM   #3
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
after roumen, forest of Tide, sand beach and part of Forest of Mist everything on the map aggros you...

(with the exception of a few mobs in forest of slumber but u wont get there till lvl 5x-ish)

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Last edited by Hessah; 03-13-2008 at 06:05 AM..
Old 03-13-2008, 05:56 AM   #4
NotMyWay
Dead Tree Soul

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: NotMyWay
Current Level: 屰
Server: Epith
NotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to behold
Why not try to fight the monsters in forest of mist first, then come back to sea of greed when ur higher level?
Old 03-13-2008, 06:09 AM   #5
Hyper
Sucked back into the 'net

In-Game Name: An occupation
Current Level: 8 hours a day
Server: 4reL-lyfe
Hyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these parts
17 is more than high enough to solo in Sea of Greed... I'd kill Smart Phinos and Joker Kebings.

Do Mara KQ as much as possible.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:06 AM   #6
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
I don't find anything wrong with aggro monsters ... o-o

Can you imagine if no monsters in CP had aggro?
I could just walk to the Uruga portal gate no problem xD

{ enraya ! }
Old 03-13-2008, 08:13 AM   #7
iDerrick
Symphony

Tournaments Won: 2

iDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by hyperswoss View Post
17 is more than high enough to solo in Sea of Greed... I'd kill Smart Phinos and Joker Kebings.

Do Mara KQ as much as possible.
Odd, I've been stuck in FoM till my late 20s, the mobs in FoM/SoG are a bit hard for that level. Nerf procks and grave robbers plz.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:00 AM   #8
Esen
Mini Jewel Keeper

In-Game Name: Kayem
Current Level: 5X
Esen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Esen
I had no problems with SoG on any of my characters. But I guess with the way I do things, slow killings are a-okay as long as long as I get my quest done. o-o My mage did struggle a bit at level 16, but it was easier for my other characters due to them having higher HP and defense.

I usually avoided most mobs by walking around the edge from what I remember. In most cases I would aggro one monster, kill it and move on to the spot I wanted to go to. At around that level I stuck to the the island with the boogies at first before moving to the island with all the sailors and elites when I needed to kill them for a quest. I normally didn't aggro two or more unless I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings. And heck, if I did aggro more, chances are someone else wanted to kill it, haha.

zZzZzZzZz
Dragon Cave
Old 03-13-2008, 11:11 AM   #9
Lady-Loki
sane, so says the voices

Tower Defense 2007 Champion!Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Lady_Loki | Lady_Raine | Lady_Leilani | Lady_Danae | Lady_Julietta
Current Level: this changes more often than I care to update this detail
Server: Teva (main) Epith (secondary) other 2 (fallback)
Lady-Loki has disabled reputation
To answer the question, no, I don't think Outspark controls the specific placement and type in regards to the enemies. If they had that control then they may have been able to fix whatever problem was present with the BR mobs but since they closed the map and we are all just waiting I suspect we are waiting on the Korean dev's to fix it.

Not to the question, start with the small area right behind the portal templar and the spawns are the non-aggro pirate and the boogy but they don't spawn in mass profusion so it's is relatively easy to solo there until you build up a bit more. Then work your way along the water edge to test the Marine pirate (Big ugly dude in green) and once you are moving up go across that bridge and move to the left to a set of crates. At those levels I solo'd from those crates a lot.

And like those posts above, yeah, you are pretty much gonna find most if not all maps going forward are aggro maps.

Please click my Dragon Eggs to help my babies along.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
And, just for the heck of it, you can visit my mini city to help my population grow:
<--youarehere
Old 03-13-2008, 02:34 PM   #10
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Spirit has disabled reputation
It is the games way of showing that everything is going to get progressively harder. The thing that I did, was you have an idle-time when you first go through the portal. I always immediately ran to the boat beside the templar and stood on the pier until I had gathered myself up. Unless someone has pulled a train up there, it is a safe place to get your party together.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Closed Thread