Fiestafan is going to be trying a new method of Member of The Month. Everyone has a chance to be highlighted as one of our most valuable and most respected members. The members decide who is up for the chance and the members decide who the winner is!
Nominations will start on the 15th of every month. Voting will start on the 23rd or 24th, and the winner will be announced on the 1st.
Please read the following...
How do I become a MOTM nominee?
Someone has to nominate you with a mini essay (5-6 lines, following the format below) explaining as to why you're a great member of Fiestafan and deserve it. We will also be correcting spelling/grammar if needed.
If I am nominated, am I in?
The first 5 nominations will make it into the vote. So if you're amongst the first 5 nominated, yup you're in!
If not, no worries! You have a chance next month.
To submit a nomination, please post a thread titled "MOTM Nomination: (namehere)" in the Talk With The Mods forum.
If I was Member of the Month for one month, could I be Member of The Month again?
Yes and no. You cannot be nominated the month after you were Member of The Month. But once your title has been handed to another member, you're able to be Member of The Month again.
The person who nominated you cannot nominate you ever again
. If someone else nominates you, they cannot use the same essay that was used in the month you won.
If you were nominated by someone and didn't win, they can re-nominate you and yes, they can use the same essay.
If two people nominate someone, the mods will use only one but mention the amount of nominations this person received.
So how do we decide who wins?
Towards the end of the month, the mods will make an announcement with a poll open for voting. Members will be able to read the essays and decide which anonymous person sounds the most deserving.
Obviously the person with the most votes wins!
To make voting completely anonymous and fair...
- Any and all discussion on the entries stay in the thread where voting takes place.
- Do not mention who the nominees are, who they are not, who you think they are, who you think they are not, etc.
- You cannot hint as to who a nominee is.
- You cannot hint or say that you nominated someone, especially who it was, and even if it didn't make it into the vote.
- Mods will try to avoid it as much as possible, but they reserve the right to delete any posts in the thread that do not abide to the rules, no questions asked.(unless it gets completely out of hand).
- Constructive criticism and debate is encouraged, but please do not flame.
- Only members with at least 5 posts and have been registered before the nomination date (15th of every month) can vote. We will be checking for mule accounts.
Example of what the voting entries will look like (you do not need to do this, the mods will):
This was inspired by those old dating shows that only show the persons silhouette.
Note: This new program is merely under "trial". Suggestions are welcome, but please keep it civil and NO flaming. Program may be terminated at any time if it does not go well.
Feel free to leave feedback, suggestions, ideas, etc in this announcement thread.