Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

View Poll Results: Should Falcomist be permanently banned?
Yes. 8 9.30%
No. 78 90.70%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 03:33 AM   #21
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of

I hope you come back to post and not only in this thread bolsz1.

You're one of the few who's going against the general response and had a plausible point.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:41 AM   #22
O-mie
Lilian's Maid

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Omies (5x Cleric) Fable (4x Archer)
Current Level: OVER 900000000
Server: Teva
O-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to O-mie Send a message via MSN to O-mie
The only thing I saw that falco might have gotten reprimanded for was the "I'll rape them all" Comment, because in the ToS its stated that derogatory speech such as "Violent sexual acts" or whatever, those are against too. But a ban for that? People have said and DONE much, much worse.

"Stand up for what you believe is right, even if you're standing alone."

Omies [5x Cleric] Fable [4x Archer] Omie [1x Mage] Wigglytuff [2x Fighter]
Teva

Nakama //GrandPaprika // Symphony
O-mie's Art Gallery || Sketch-Blog

Old 04-25-2008, 03:44 AM   #23
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
What happened to the others who were supposedly banned for defending Falco?

Was that even true? If so, I don't see how that is justified, especially if defending is all they did.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:56 AM   #24
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Spirit has disabled reputation
People have said and done much worse with better screenshots and was reported to ALL the GMs and nothing was done. I still have the screenshots. If Outspark is going to enforce a rule, then they need to enforce that rule for all situations that revolve around those same circumstances. If a perma-ban was good enough here, then it should be good enough for other situations that I know were reported and NOTHING was done.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 04-25-2008, 07:49 AM   #25
Lilian
Entwined Destiny

In-Game Name: Fuujinn // Lilian
Current Level: Divide by zero.
Lilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to all
Voted absolutely no, he shouldn't have been perm banned.

Trying to justify either side in the events that led to this whole thing (the abyss etc) is fruitless, not only because of what was said about the battlegrounds being PK-intended, but also because it takes two to tango. Also, stuff like this happens all the time. Handle every separate situation ingame in the same way, and you will end up banning like half the population, if not more.

Having said that, my opinion on this remains the same: don't aim to achieve a robot-like system that SEEKS out words in the chat and then bans the person in whose chat line the word is in. Handle each case as separate, look at the context. Pulling the "any kind of second chance is showing we allow it" is unjustified in my opinion because you're NOT allowing it, what you are allowing is room for human error. Same thing happens after being warned, OR if the first offense is blatantly clear abuse, (meaning there can be no room for speculation that the offender had any other reason to do it than just for the sake of harassment) then go for it, let the banhammer swing.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:15 AM   #26
walnut
Fire Mushroom

In-Game Name: walnut
Current Level: 4X
Server: epith
walnut is on a distinguished road
no.

given the info i have seen a month or so in jail would seem time enough. With that kind of time the agressors would be able to reflect on the incident, how it came about and how to make better choices in the future and any agrieved parties would have the chance to cool off.

perhaps they would be able to send a vetted appology message to offended peeps, even if it only says i dont regret the argument just the way i chose to express myself.

we have to leave room in life for people to vent when they need to, but equally you cant just say what you like and expect no reprocusions.

so i say give these guys a chance to learn from their mistakes!

I know a chicken who's scared of you,
scared of you,
scared of you.
I know a chicken who's scared of you,
he might scratch your face off.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:41 AM   #27
Aerythia
Speedy Slime

In-Game Name: Aerythia
Current Level: 105
Aerythia is on a distinguished road
Outspark have made Falco into some sort of "example" and scapegoat basically... judging by what they have banned him on, they should therefore ban half the server, since they have all said similar words in the heat of conflict. I'm not saying that it is right to say these words, what I am saying is that he was not the first and certainly not the last person to say them.

Many higher levelled players know the personality of Falco, as do those in his Guild. Bleh, seems crazy to make an example of him, of all people.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:55 AM   #28
Sero
Jizz King

In-Game Name: SerodinSliver | GoldenMirrodin | DarkMirrodin |
Current Level: 90 | 55 | 74
Sero has a spectacular aura aboutSero has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Sero Send a message via Yahoo to Sero
Originally Posted by Zukiz View Post
Edit:
If you do choose to vote, could you please put your reasons as to why you voted this. This would also help the petition as I accidentally chose anonymous... >.<
Alright...

-takes the microphone-

I have voted, no, Falcomist and Uchiha_Itachi shouldn't be banned.
Although I'm not a friend of theirs, and they do not know me as well, but no is the right answer...

-pause-

You f**king crazy?!?! *PERMANENT* ban???? isn't that enough bulls**t to take? I don't even think they should be sent to jail, what more to ban them permanently... I mean, for what??? Dissing the opposition's race? C'mon, everyone has the damn balls to do that, I mean why wasn't I banned? And all others who've passed through this s**t... Them mexican latinoes, or whoever the heck they are (as what the first post told me) talked s**t in their language, why not get a translator and see what they said? Ban their accounts as well?

EDIT:
Originally Posted by Zukiz View Post
Mighty_Army never asked for the war to stop in any case, and started calling names towards Vendetta. This also includes speaking in a different language (Spanish) at the same time in normal chat, when they could have spoken in guild chat. So being people who don't speak/understand Spanish, we took it as insults. Falcomist and Uchiha_Itachi being at the scene saw this, and knowing what happened to a good friend (our guildmates who were attacked for a grind spot), they got upset, and said things that were out of the line.
HERE, READ THESE LINES!!!

And~

If you think YES should still be the answer...

Come suck my Uncle Tommy's balls >_<

take me above your light
carry me through the night
Originally Posted by vasu619 View Post
Ugh...Serodin is on a roll...

Note to self: Nevar EVAR get Serodin talking about umm, sticks with sacks.
Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
Another note for handling Sero: do not get him started about moms.
Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
I agree with Blaaaahs. Serodin cracks me up.

Oh and for the record, I am weird.
Originally Posted by hyperswoss View Post
Serodin is my hot, hot, sex~ ^.~
hold me secure in flight
sing me to sleep tonight

Last edited by Sero; 04-25-2008 at 11:02 AM..
Old 04-25-2008, 11:47 AM   #29
bolsz1
Slime

bolsz1 is on a distinguished road
SerodinSilver: That's such a well thought out and masterfully articulated argument, I can't believe you don't have the entire community agreeing with your every word.

Aerythia: Yes, Falco was an "example". No, he was not any kind of scapegoat. He was banned because he allegedly broke a big rule in a very public way, and Outspark was, presumably, forced to act. Obviously Outspark can't "ban half the server" because they'd have no client base. What they can do is exactly what they have done - make a public example of someone so as to discourage others.

Walnut: While you do have a point that a permaban may have been harsh, that's not your decision to make. We all agreed to the EULA, and that says Outspark, not the community, decides all punishment for rules violations.

+Tequila+: Even if those are the screenshots that were turned in, Outspark does log all chat that happens on their servers. I know this for a fact, as I had a very long discussion with Dakkon trying to get back an item belonging to a guild member of mine that was scammed away from her by a fake enhancer. Because of these chat logs, and player trade logs, Dakkon took the item away from the scammer and gave it to me, then permabanned the scammer's account.
My point is, the evidence that was delivered to and, presumably, gathered by Outspark may never be presented to the community. Outspark is in no way obligated to do so. This issue is between Falcomist and Outspark. I think the only way we will see such evidence is if Falcomist chooses to disclose it.

Ivramire: Thanks for the encouragement. I've always enjoyed playing devil's advocate in heated situations. That said, I don't think you understood my comparison. I wasn't comparing killing people in real life to killing people in a computer game. There, as you pointed out, is no comparison. I was comparing rule breaking and how it escalates out of control and needs to be ended with swift justice before there is unreparable damage.
If Outspark only concerned about their bottom line, the outcome of this incident would have been much different. Uchi and Falco were both cash shop users, and as such would have been given a slap on the wrist. The decision to ban them actually HURT the profit margin.

Again, I am in no way, shape, or form saying that Falcomist's ban was justified. I'm saying that we don't know the circumstances of what happened. We've heard only a very limited portion of one side of the issue. The screenshots in this thread have Falco saying some insulting, but not overly racist things. Perhaps Uchi's stigma of blatant racism enveloped Falco as well, or perhaps Falco said things equally as racist that weren't captured in a picture. In either event, we don't know.

Just for the record, I voted yes to the ban, but not because I believe he should have been banned. I did it to express my divergent viewpoint.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:49 PM   #30
Sero
Jizz King

In-Game Name: SerodinSliver | GoldenMirrodin | DarkMirrodin |
Current Level: 90 | 55 | 74
Sero has a spectacular aura aboutSero has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Sero Send a message via Yahoo to Sero
Originally Posted by bolsz1 View Post
SerodinSilver: That's such a well thought out and masterfully articulated argument, I can't believe you don't have the entire community agreeing with your every word.
Thank you...

Outspark does log all chat that happens on their servers. I know this for a fact, as I had a very long discussion with Dakkon trying to get back an item belonging to a guild member of mine that was scammed away from her by a fake enhancer. Because of these chat logs, and player trade logs, Dakkon took the item away from the scammer and gave it to me, then permabanned the scammer's account.
Holy f**k... Logs?! Once they find everything with SerodinSliver in it... *hides under table*

*comes back up* does that include whisper?!

Again, I am in no way, shape, or form saying that Falcomist's ban was justified. I'm saying that we don't know the circumstances of what happened. We've heard only a very limited portion of one side of the issue. The screenshots in this thread have Falco saying some insulting, but not overly racist things. Perhaps Uchi's stigma of blatant racism enveloped Falco as well, or perhaps Falco said things equally as racist that weren't captured in a picture. In either event, we don't know.

Just for the record, I voted yes to the ban, but not because I believe he should have been banned. I did it to express my divergent viewpoint.
Cool.

take me above your light
carry me through the night
Originally Posted by vasu619 View Post
Ugh...Serodin is on a roll...

Note to self: Nevar EVAR get Serodin talking about umm, sticks with sacks.
Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
Another note for handling Sero: do not get him started about moms.
Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
I agree with Blaaaahs. Serodin cracks me up.

Oh and for the record, I am weird.
Originally Posted by hyperswoss View Post
Serodin is my hot, hot, sex~ ^.~
hold me secure in flight
sing me to sleep tonight
Closed Thread