Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 05-07-2008, 12:42 AM   #1
Esen
Mini Jewel Keeper

In-Game Name: Kayem
Current Level: 5X
Server: Teva
Esen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Esen
Should I be worried that...

my system restore doesn't work? Haha @_@ My MSWord is not working (is fine for a few minutes, then has to close) so I tried restoring to when it was was, and well, yeah... I haven't tried reinstalling it yet, I will try that next but still.. Worried. Already backed up all my files just in case. @_@

zZzZzZzZz
Dragon Cave
Esen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 12:47 AM   #2
Ninja_Medic
Marlone Archer

In-Game Name: Ninja_Medic & Tomoshibi
Current Level: 8x on both. :P
Server: Apoline FTW!
Ninja_Medic is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Ninja_Medic
Did you try and restart your computer?

Ninja_Medic- Level 8x Paladin
Ninja_Medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 12:51 AM   #3
Esen
Mini Jewel Keeper

Esen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud of
Yes. First thing I normally do, but that really isn't the answer I'm looking for.

zZzZzZzZz
Dragon Cave
Old 05-07-2008, 12:54 AM   #4
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
worst possible scenario:-

a malicious root-kit has disabled system-restore to circumvent removal of the virus. Is that what you were looking for?
Ivramire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 12:58 AM   #5
Esen
Mini Jewel Keeper

Haha, yeah. @_@ Can it be anything else? Or should I just go ahead an reformat? o_o

zZzZzZzZz
Dragon Cave
Old 05-07-2008, 02:19 AM   #6
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
dun reformat just yet. I'm not exactly tech-savvy so it could be a number of things. Maybe somethings wrong with the shadow copys or the placement/timing of the save-points?

Try re-booting in safe mode and run anti-virus,anti-spyware and anti-rootkit programs.
Ivramire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 03:24 AM   #7
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
>.<

dur.

I had a root-kit problem. D:

I kept system restoring and it wouldn't do anything. And I didn't know what was going on anyway.

*reformatted*

Ralath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 03:25 AM   #8
Belaslav
Yank me.

In-Game Name: -quit-
Current Level: -quit-
Belaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Belaslav
Ghost backups FTW?

Free software for Virus, Malware, Adware and Spyware protection: Avast and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Those of you using Firefox I recommend NoScript and AdBlock Plus addons.
Belaslav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 04:10 AM   #9
Esen
Mini Jewel Keeper

Hmm... My Anti-virus software didn't pick up anything during it's run. o-o And apparently my dad thinks it would be good for my computer if I reformat anyway. xD I don't really mind, just all that installing agian. @_@ and transferring my files back, should really organize them better.

Ghost backup?

zZzZzZzZz
Dragon Cave
Old 05-07-2008, 11:39 AM   #10
Belaslav
Yank me.

In-Game Name: -quit-
Current Level: -quit-
Belaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Belaslav
Originally Posted by Esen View Post
Hmm... My Anti-virus software didn't pick up anything during it's run. o-o And apparently my dad thinks it would be good for my computer if I reformat anyway. xD I don't really mind, just all that installing agian. @_@ and transferring my files back, should really organize them better.

Ghost backup?
GHOST is a program that creates a copy of your system, and can restore your system back to it's saved state. Think of it as if you're saving in-game, you screw up and die, and respawn back at your save location.

Free software for Virus, Malware, Adware and Spyware protection: Avast and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Those of you using Firefox I recommend NoScript and AdBlock Plus addons.
Belaslav is offline   Reply With Quote