Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 05-09-2008, 10:51 PM   #31
O-mie
Lilian's Maid

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Omies (5x Cleric) Fable (4x Archer)
Current Level: OVER 900000000
Server: Teva
O-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to O-mie Send a message via MSN to O-mie

Really hessah - Do I REALLY have to piece apart and explain to you the difference between using a person's name and spam bots?

We're talking about opinions here, and facts that include names. Nobody is saying, hey, let us flame people!

And while this rule is "limited" to all the rage, I've seen people chastised for naming people before, in say, general or something.

And honestly if I have to explain to you what screenshots prove, just...>_> *shakes head* Why do you think GMs ask for screenshot proof with incidents? =P Surely it must be more than to gawk at the pretty shinies they see in them.

Maybe you should take a break and stop attacking my posts and re-evaluate the situation. :3 This isn't "attack each other thread" its disussing the rule, why it should be here, or why not. ;o

"Stand up for what you believe is right, even if you're standing alone."

Omies [5x Cleric] Fable [4x Archer] Omie [1x Mage] Wigglytuff [2x Fighter]
Teva

Nakama //GrandPaprika // Symphony
O-mie's Art Gallery || Sketch-Blog

O-mie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 10:55 PM   #32
Lady-Loki
sane, so says the voices

Tower Defense 2007 Champion!Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Lady_Loki | Lady_Raine | Lady_Leilani | Lady_Danae | Lady_Julietta
Current Level: this changes more often than I care to update this detail
Server: Teva (main) Epith (secondary) other 2 (fallback)
Lady-Loki has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by O-mie View Post
So initially, the name rule is what caused them to do what they did, and recieve their ban, because they felt truly that they should be able to say what they wanted to say.
Let’s look at the potential here:

So initially, the "No Drinking & Driving" rule is what caused them to "Drive real fast while Drinking and kill that innocent person crossing the street", and receive their "jail sentence", because they felt truly that they should be able to "Drink and Drive" if they wanted to.

Yes, that IS an extreme. But the point is: You don't justify breaking a rule by breaking another. She is NOT justified in breaking the second rule (spamming) because she disagrees with the first rule (naming).

While its pretty open to say you and I do not see eye to eye, I didn't say a word of this to approach you. Like everybody else who spoke up about this, I do not agree with this rule. It wouldn't have mattered if kt banned her, or fullback or rightclaw or yosei. I'd have still said what I said.

Everybody else who spoke up about this has NOT said they do not agree with this rule. Some has spoken out in favor and some against.

Maybe you should trust your community a little more. >_> And with people who think "The mods should make the rules" sorry but...the mods are not the community. This whole thing screams fascism, to be honest,
Fascism: a governmental system led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition and criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., and emphasizing an aggressive nationalism and often racism.
Democracy: government by the people; a form of government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised directly by them or by their elected agents under a free electoral system.

This matter has been put out to open discussion, not exactly fascist way of doing it. And the mods were also nominated by the community and there was a lot of discussion about who the community wanted in those positions.

You may not recall all that since that was probably during you DOMA hiatus. But I don't think the majority of the people in this forum have any serious issues with any of our mods and the actions they have taken or may have to take, save a very very small handful with personal issues or a really stubborn streak.

Please click my Dragon Eggs to help my babies along.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
And, just for the heck of it, you can visit my mini city to help my population grow:
<--youarehere
Lady-Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 11:00 PM   #33
O-mie
Lilian's Maid

O-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to behold
Flyffworld, to my knowledge, does not have a rule like this. (Rightclaw can correct me if I'm mistaken) They rant in their spam central thread. I looked at the rules, and saw nothing against naming people.

That forum is much bigger than this, has been around longer, has a more diverse array of community, and when I was there, I never saw anything bad happen from this lack of a rule. Why is that I wonder? Hm. . .

Also why are you comparing the internet to drunk driving? Lol.

Teva

Old 05-09-2008, 11:10 PM   #34
Lilian
Entwined Destiny

In-Game Name: Fuujinn // Lilian
Current Level: Divide by zero.
Lilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to all
...since we're all going merrily overboard here, and I'm pretty sure KT is gonna rearrange this thread after seeing it next time...

Originally Posted by Lady-Loki View Post
...save a very very small handful with personal issues or a really stubborn streak.
FINALLY we agree on something! it would probably not be too bold of an assumption to say that we disagree on the individuals though. hahah!

Oh, sorry I couldn't quite retain all your expertly crafted pretty colors and fonts in that quote...

I guess it would be practical to assume that a person (note, it could be ANY person!! I'm not naming any names!) will be a bit confused and easily provoked when their previous internet background consists of ToonTown online. xD

Make way for the New (?) generation!!
Lilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 11:11 PM   #35
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Really hessah - Do I REALLY have to piece apart and explain to you the difference between using a person's name and spam bots?

We're talking about opinions here, and facts that include names. Nobody is saying, hey, let us flame people!

And while this rule is "limited" to all the rage, I've seen people chastised for naming people before, in say, general or something.

And honestly if I have to explain to you what screenshots prove, just...>_> *shakes head* Why do you think GMs ask for screenshot proof with incidents? =P Surely it must be more than to gawk at the pretty shinies they see in them.

Maybe you should take a break and stop attacking my posts and re-evaluate the situation. :3 This isn't "attack each other thread" its disussing the rule, why it should be here, or why not. ;o
I'm not attacking your post. I'm just putting forward my opinions on what you happen to have said. And it was easier to write and hopefully easier to read by quoting you and chopping it into paragraphs.

I am too, trying to pass on the idea that "naming names" isn't actually going to improve anything, except for some members that believe they should be able to name names. Well, at the same time, there's also a few of us that don't believe names should be put forward. So where can we find an equilibrium? I don't know. Hopefully by passing on what I think, compared to what YOU think.

We all complain about the way Outspark deals with issues. All they want is a screenshot and BANHAMMER you have no say. We've already seen many times that this community doesn't agree with the way Outspark of using that method, why would we want to follow suit on something that doesn't work? (or something that most of this community doesn't agree on?)

In general, as far as I have seen, I've never seen the mod say "don't name people". At max, they only warned when it really turned into flame.

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Hessah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 11:13 PM   #36
Lady-Loki
sane, so says the voices

In-Game Name: Lady_Loki | Lady_Raine | Lady_Leilani | Lady_Danae | Lady_Julietta
Also why are you comparing the internet to drunk driving? Lol.
I know, I did state that IS an extreme.

I'm just saying we cant justify breaking one rule by breaking another as a protest.

We should lobby to get the rule reconsidered or changed, but protesting it by breaking more simply compounds your own consequences.

And, just for the heck of it, you can visit my mini city to help my population grow:
<--youarehere
Old 05-09-2008, 11:24 PM   #37
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
OK maybe go back a little bit to help me understand this.

So AD wanted to post a picture of some girl doing something inappropriate in KKP KQ. She wants to leave the name of the girl in the screenshot.

How will that benefit the community that we know her name?

(Prepare for a comeback, as I have my own thoughts on this obviously.)

EDIT: I may not reply for a few hrs as i wont be online

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Last edited by Hessah; 05-09-2008 at 11:37 PM..
Hessah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 11:26 PM   #38
Lady-Loki
sane, so says the voices

Originally Posted by Zwivix View Post
Edit: Just read Omies post and ive noticed something.Spirit takes things too personal sometimes even when their not about her. Just wanted to point that out, not to make anyone mad.
Originally Posted by Lilian View Post
I guess it would be practical to assume that a person (note, it could be ANY person!! I'm not naming any names!) will be a bit confused and easily provoked when their previous internet background consists of ToonTown online. xD

Make way for the New (?) generation!!
Sometimes people can read between the lines and they know if something is personal or not. Lilian didn't name names, but there are plenty on these forums who can read between those lines, and what fell between those lines would qualify as personal. Are you well versed enough to read what has fallen between the lines in several of the many posts on these forums?

That said, what I've noticed it there are a lot of people who freely express opinions on matters they are not completely knowledgeable on. I don't exempt myself or any other person on these forums from that statement, so everyone reading this can take my last staement personal!

<--youarehere
Old 05-10-2008, 12:22 AM   #39
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Spirit has disabled reputation
I had my one say on the matter. It is my opinion as a use of the forum (not as a mod) that the rule is there for a good reason. I could also take several of the posts posted after my response and comment on them, but then that would be turning this into a personal battle, which some people who have already stated their opinion on the rule (the actual purpose of this thread) seem to want to do, but I do not. With that being said. I will ASK people (meaning everyone) posting to please stay on topic. This is discussing the pros and cons of the rules.
If anyone has personal problems, please take them to PMs or elsewhere. Please lets stay on topic. This is not about the banning, but about the rule. Please keep that in mind.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 01:06 AM   #40
O-mie
Lilian's Maid

In response to Hessah -

I don't know if its the same person but there is a person notorious for going into KQ and killing people in it to make it fail, and these are the high level KQ.

Wouldn't you wanna know the person's name so if you were in said KQ, you could keep an eye on them and stop them if necessary? Because that's a good 30 minutes right there they can easily waste by being jerks. You could either just save yourself wasting 30 minutes or more if that person is there, cause you know what they're notorious for.

Teva