Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 01:06 PM   #1
ziggydam31
Mushroom Fighter

In-Game Name: ziggydam31
Current Level: 2x
Server: epith
ziggydam31 is on a distinguished road
strange graphics on fiesta @_@

it has been a few weeks after downloaded fiesta, and yet i still dont get any idea how to fix this....anyone willing to share some knowledge to how to fix this ?

Processor information: Intel Pentium 4 CPU 1.60 GHz
RAM: 512 GB of RAM.
Graphics information: Nvidia GEforce2 MX 100/200
Nature of problem: everytime i login into the game, the graphics are scrambled or somthin like that ex: the character boots turns red, has weird rectangular shadows around any characters(not just mine)
Old 06-05-2009, 01:23 PM   #2
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Tournaments Won: 5

In-Game Name: Dynamics
Current Level: OVER NINE THOUSANDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
Server: under your bed
Dynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to all
The GeForce2 series is an old generation of graphics cards, and Fiesta puts more stress on it than it is capable of handling. I suggest installing the StarStorm drivers. These drivers have been tweaked and modified by a third party to perform better and with better image quality.
NVIDIA StarStorm 56.72 X Drivers

I suggest you to have a back up of your original drivers at the ready, in case this driver proves to be no good.

Another thing you could do to relieve stress on your card is by playing Fiesta in a window at 800x600. However, it looks like you're currently doing this.

If neither of these work, then your only real option is to upgrade your graphics card.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:31 PM   #3
ziggydam31
Mushroom Fighter

Originally Posted by Dynamics View Post
The GeForce2 series is an old generation of graphics cards, and Fiesta puts more stress on it than it is capable of handling. I suggest installing the StarStorm drivers. These drivers have been tweaked and modified by a third party to perform better and with better image quality.
NVIDIA StarStorm 56.72 X Drivers

I suggest you to have a back up of your original drivers at the ready, in case this driver proves to be no good.

Another thing you could do to relieve stress on your card is by playing Fiesta in a window at 800x600. However, it looks like you're currently doing this.

If neither of these work, then your only real option is to upgrade your graphics card.
oh, i see.....thx anyway ^^
usually, i put the window at wider resolution and put it back into the normal resolution....and it works fine.

but it gets annoying since i have to change those options everytime i login
>_>

maybe i'll try to upgrade the graphic card and see if that will happen again
Old 06-06-2009, 03:29 AM   #4
ziggydam31
Mushroom Fighter

i've tried the following suggestions, but none seems working on me

and yes,i've updated the graphic card into NVIDIA StarStorm.
Old 06-06-2009, 09:53 AM   #5
Icy
Huge Slime

Tournaments Won: 6

In-Game Name: おぼえていますんか?
Icy has a spectacular aura aboutIcy has a spectacular aura about
You have transparency problems. The tga and dds images aren't being displayed properly. Even older cards shouldn't do that. This is most likely an issue specific to your setup. Do the images show properly in fullscreen?

"You should never judge a book by it's cover unless you understand what you are getting into. But anyone with eyes can determine your kind rather easily. You and Triumph are of the same breed. Egotistical, narcissists who believe that numbers are some how important. It is one's love for something that truly determines who knows more and it is without a doubt that my love for the mage class trumps yours any day."
Old 06-13-2009, 09:22 PM   #6
SpeedySnail
Hungry Wolf

SpeedySnail is on a distinguished road
i remember having the same problem once with my old computer...