Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-2009, 05:31 PM   #1
xDario
Angry Wolf

In-Game Name: Shade
Current Level: 87 (10% tnl, retierd)
Server: Bijou EU.
xDario is on a distinguished road
Shade's Mage Guide.

A few things before we start :
This is my guide. I have spent time writing this, and i would appriciate it is kept where it is. Atm, this is allowed to be posted on gamigo forums and FiestaFan. If you want to use this guide in anyway, send me a PM and ill grant you the permission.
Also, this guide is actually meant for gamigo, where the cap is 79 atm, and we have a few other things...If anything is wrong, just post below.

Ok, since i have lots of time on my hands without fiesta, i will do what i was planning to do when i cap.

I would like to start out, this is on my personal experience, from what ive seen, tryed and tested. If you have anything to say about it, or want to correct me, please go ahed and do so.

The Mage
Otherwise called as the DD's, mages have the highest natural damage output. They're slow and hard start pays off in the long run, as by the time you get to your 60's, you will become overpowerd (Generally. Builds affect your game)

Weaknesses:
  • Low Defence and HP
  • Almoust no new Spells between level 7 and 5x's
  • Can't really solo at low levels
  • Have the hardest time in the level up 20 level up quest.
  • Terrible in a one on one PvP (Even when they get fear.)

Strengths:
  • Highest Damage output
  • Almoust always needed
  • Have lots of fun in the later levels
  • Very strong new spells between level 49 and 67
  • Pvp Pt vs Pt, mages are usefull

As you can see mages have a lots of disadvantages, that you need to take in mind while picking him.

So, you have chosen a mage. What now?

Builds
Although really anything is good, apart from STR, there are certain more effective builds.
I dont have much experience with a Full END mage, so forgive me about not having too much detail about it.

Full INT
Yes, the full int mage is the biggest and strongest mage of all, with the highest natural damage output. Sadly, this build also has the highest dmg intake.

+25 SPR rest INT (Hybrid Build)
My builld right here, so i can tell you a bit about it.
The extra SPR as we all know is to give that +5% crit, extra magic defence and a little sp boost. Although your later Aoe's wont critical, your single targets will, and crits are the way to kill fast.
(Help yourself to cash shop +crit items.)

Full SPR
Less "dmg" and less defence make this mage the most "vulnerable" of all mages, but not to underestimate.
Full SPR brings a massive rise to m.def, an amazing amount of SP and lovley crits. A natural crit fats of 15%+ when you get to the 7x's is a massive chance, especiallz with CS items.

Full Dex
Whats there to say?
A full dex mage never misses and has a fun time watching the mobs not hitting him.

Full End
With the lowest natural damage and the highest defence, this mage is, like all other builds, not to be understimated. The Full END mage has the highest defence than any other mage (especially with +9 armour) and the higest DMG.
This makes him harder to kill, but also has a hard time killing people his level.

Full STR!
Usless build, unless you want to save your SP.

I personally would recomend full INT/Hybrid, aswell as END. It depends if you want High Damage, and low Defence and HP, or vice versa.

Last edited by xDario; 03-01-2009 at 08:45 PM..