Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 05:55 PM   #1
Elegant
Hero Slime

Elegant is on a distinguished road
My Build.. Is this good or bad?

I put 25 into SPR and now i'm going to go full end, crits mean alot to me... and I want my health to be good also... so am I doing things right..? Otherwise tell me now cuz I have another cleric that is 2:1 end:str and I think thought that was pretty weak.. bcuz I put atleast 11 points in str and i only do 13 dmg more... WTFUX... If your a good cleric and has a general idea on how to solo almost every monster plz tell me wtf to do..
Old 10-13-2007, 06:06 PM   #2
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
I have a 2:1 END:STR build as well and I am able to solo monster effectively. I also use a hammer if that makes a difference. This build is best for soloing because of that extra amount of defense/HP boost and the block rate as well. The thing is that when you start off with the 25 SPR build you lose out on that END in the begining so until you get that END pumped to a decent amount you might want to stick to partying for a bit and/or use scrolls to aid you. But I don't think it's a bad build. You'll be able to handle magic attacks better too.
Old 10-13-2007, 07:21 PM   #3
.o0O0O0o.
Robo

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Aelfis
Current Level: 43
Server: teva
.o0O0O0o. is on a distinguished road
My lvl 22 cleric is 5str, 10end, and rest in spr. I made the mistake of puting 5 str early in game to help level up but real no use for later levels. But for now i crit almost every 5 swings and soloing bats ok. If i had to do it all over again, i'll use the same setup as you... 25spr and rest in end, but i would get end first like 10 then dump into spr til 25 then go back to end.
Old 10-13-2007, 07:27 PM   #4
Loveless
Super Moderator

Ohh... and I have to say that STR really is "almost" useless at later levels. When I got to my 30s my STR went up by 3-4 points at level up so now at 15 STR I'm planning on going 2:1 END:SPR and pump that SPR to 25 for the bonus.

So once they get the stat reset item... I'm so going to use it.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:13 PM   #5
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Tournaments Won: 5

In-Game Name: Dynamics
Current Level: OVER NINE THOUSANDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
Server: under your bed
Dynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to all
Your build is quite fine Elegant. If you love criticals so much, go full spirit. The extra health you're investing your free stat points into becomes negligible later, and isn't needed so long as you carry a vitality scroll on you all the time. I'm talking from experience of course.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:06 PM   #6
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Loveless View Post
Ohh... and I have to say that STR really is "almost" useless at later levels. When I got to my 30s my STR went up by 3-4 points at level up so now at 15 STR I'm planning on going 2:1 END:SPR and pump that SPR to 25 for the bonus.

So once they get the stat reset item... I'm so going to use it.
I have 25 points in STR, and I hit ~35 damage more than a cleric with no points in STR. So STR is not "almost" useless, it is actually quite effective.
Old 10-14-2007, 04:08 AM   #7
Loveless
Super Moderator

Well, at later levels I have to say the STR does help cause I'm usually soloing rather than in a party healing. That's why I said "almost" useless...
Old 10-14-2007, 04:14 AM   #8
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Level 40 = Harkan solo ftw.

At any rate, I generally hit 30 or so more damage on another cleric that's the same level in a guild war.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:19 PM   #9
Aldread
Hero Slime

In-Game Name: Aldread
Current Level: 3X
Server: Teva
Aldread is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Aldread Send a message via MSN to Aldread Send a message via Yahoo to Aldread
sounds good to me, might want to put a few of the points into end to begin with so you have a little better hp and def.

my lv33 cleric has 20 in end, and 13 in spr, the extra 5pts from the job change went into str.
im planning on pumping spr till i hit 25, then swap to a str:end build.
Closed Thread