Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 01:54 AM   #1
Kachan
Bored Imp

In-Game Name: Muriel/Novax
Current Level: 34/22
Server: Apoline, baby!
Kachan is a glorious beacon of lightKachan is a glorious beacon of lightKachan is a glorious beacon of lightKachan is a glorious beacon of lightKachan is a glorious beacon of lightKachan is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Kachan Send a message via MSN to Kachan
Rollerblading?! :D

So, I'm taking up rollerblading, and I would just like some tips. Finding my center of gravity, not being afraid of falling down, and most of all.. STOPPING! ^__^

I used to rollerblade.. but I never knew how to stop. So, I never went out. xD But, I'm taking it up again, because I need some kind of excercise that isn't harsh on my feet [ running ] or requires extreme hard work [ gymnastics ]. Something that's cool. ;D So, I chose to rollerblade, because you basically just glide, but you still work out. And you can use it in daily life! I know.. it's kind of like riding a bicyle all over again. xD But hey, I gotta start somewhere. I bought some pretty good skates. Women's Rollerblader? I dunno, but it was around 60 bucks, and my dad had to buy it, so I NEED to learn.

Oddly enough, after I was doing some pilates on my thighs, I got increasingly better at my coordination when I practiced with my skates only the second time! xD; Weird, huh? Stopping on the break seems still new and hard for me.. since I'm still having a rough time moving. ^^; And the skates are still fairly new to me, so I've just gotta get used to them. What's the longest average time it takes a person to really get a good hold on rollerblading? I mean, sure it could take forever, but AN average? I'm sure I'll out last that average, but a guesstimate if you practice around an hour a day.

Old 04-29-2008, 02:41 AM   #2
Belaslav
Yank me.

In-Game Name: -quit-
Current Level: -quit-
Server: Teva
Belaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Belaslav
A few days to learn the basics of it, and a month to be good at it.

As for braking, either use the braking pad or sharp turn braking, which can take you a while to master (hurt myself a couple of times there), but is excellent for stopping.

Free software for Virus, Malware, Adware and Spyware protection: Avast and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Those of you using Firefox I recommend NoScript and AdBlock Plus addons.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:14 AM   #3
booyah8876
.:~*♥*~:.

In-Game Name: booyah8877
Current Level: 88.65
booyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to booyah8876 Send a message via Yahoo to booyah8876 Send a message via Skype™ to booyah8876
omg.

I love rollerblading...

too bad I never go forwards...

I always skate backwards xD

then I go to the skatepark and show off my l33t skillz.

I think of it like running with weels 8D

AND NEVER STOP WITH THE BRAKES D:

Learn how to slide yourself to gain more friction and stop yourself... or how to turn so sharply without falling on your face that you stop. When you're skating, and a car comes rolling by (if you skate in the street like me) the brakes aren't fast enough.

Originally Posted by el eye Zee
Lol. He said, "I'll punch you in the boob." and I was like, "I'll punch you in the bawlz and we both know that hurts more D<" and he was like, "I won't let you." and I was like, "d00d.. ur a tiny piece of sheet. u punch, i punch. mine will hurt more." and then he was like, "People are probably talking to me. g2g."
I pay to play the RL MMORPG, College. 4 years grinding in college gets you a piece of paper for the rest of your life and you can buy enough stuff to +9 your car//house.

liZ
Old 04-29-2008, 06:07 AM   #4
Flowersss
Ancient Stonie

Tournaments Won: 2

In-Game Name: College
Current Level: College
Server: College
Flowersss will become famous soon enough
Running.......FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-29-2008, 06:18 PM   #5
viasta
RAGING OVERHEATTT!!!!!!!!

Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: viaAoE
Current Level: Level of viasta
Server: Epith
viasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to viasta
Originally Posted by Flowersss View Post
Running.......FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree, running is pwnage, crosscountry and track ftw :P

and when i was young, my butt was my stop for rollerblades

Thanks Loveless!
Old 04-29-2008, 08:56 PM   #6
Sinto
Skeleton

In-Game Name: Sinto
Current Level: 80. And staying there.
Sinto is on a distinguished road
o.o

Never straighten you knees when blading

Never put your feet together, keep them seperated

Move your feet like \ /. Not | |. If you get what I mean.

And have fun! Don't panic!